Steam Controller Configurator Not Working + UI Bug

+
I like to use a gamepad for moving and a mouse for aiming and shooting. Steam Controller Configurator allows me to do that while keeping the M/KB UI inputs locked.

For example, I change "Style of Input" of the Left Joystick Move into Directional Pad then I change the D-Pad Bindings into WASD. Doing this allows the Left Joystick on the gamepad to emulate the WASD keys that are on my keyboard. Then I use a g600 for basically everything else.

This has worked for pretty much every game I've played on PC with the exception of M/KB UI inputs. Some games will lock gamepad UI inputs instead, or switch between M/KB and gamepad UI inputs repeatedly.

Cyberpunk 2077 is the first game where Steam Controller Configurator doesn't work. I do everything I did in the 2nd paragraph, I start the game and I can't move my character at all.

Now I can still play Cyberpunk 2077 while still using a gamepad and mouse I just have to revert the changes I made in Steam Controller Configurator but then I run into another problem
20201212141841_1.jpg

As you can see there's at least 8 Reload prompts on my screen. This only happens when I using gamepad AND mouse, this never happens if I'm only using the gamepad. Also if I'm using gamepad and mouse I can only play for about 15-35 minutes before the game crashes so I suspect this might be one of the main reasons why.

Top Bottom