(steam) crash upon pressing play after patch

+
after updating i still instantly get a crash the error report reads as:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xED5F70.
File: <Unknown>(0)
system specs
ram: 32 gigs 3200
gpu: amd xfx 390x 8 gigs
cpu: intel i7 6700k
drive: samsung evo m.2 ssd 500 gigs

Attachments

• report.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 91
  • stacktrace.txt
    178 bytes · Views: 112
Same here, I verified my files and 29.1GB (4 files) need updating, so doing that now. Unfortunately I don't have good internet so I don't get to play for a while.

Mine crashes right after I push play too... How did you create a crash report? Also, I've validated multiple times and even reinstalled.

I have also updated my drivers and direct x
on top of getting the 20 gig patch nothing has worked I have even tried the modified exe from nexus
Post automatically merged:

I dont understand i meet over the recommended specs in every catagory

People with this error probably all have Win 8 installed. Long story short: CP2077 does not run on your OS due to DX12 being required (back story: in order to facilitate compatibility with the XBox ecosystem).

Either you downgrade to Win 7 :shrug: and make sure that the DX12 update is installed, upgrade to Win 10 (still can be done for free via the Microsoft website, please use your trusted search engine)... or you're our of luck, I fear.

EDIT: I found that the error report contained in the crashdump subfolder mentioned a failed render load process. This is how I found out that that's the issue.

Yes, Windows 8 is not supported, however, it appears like not everyone here is trying to play the game on Windows 8. If so, there's more going on here.

As frequently mentioned, here's the link to support with further information regarding crashes:
(if nothing works you can reach out to CDPR support by clicking on "contact us").

You could also disable the steam cloud and steam overlay (or GOG cloud and overlay). Also, overclocking can cause crashes too. But in general, reinstalling GPU drivers and doing a clean booth seem worth trying (both actions are explained in the link).

Top Bottom