Steam doesn't see Cyberpunk as installed: REDLauncher

+
I installed Cyberpunk 2077 for the first time yesterday to play it, and decided to grab the REDLauncher when prompted for the extra clothing and whatnot.

Steam gave me achievements and tracked my play time for this initial launch of the game. Now, the next day, Steam does not recognize that the game is installed. I can launch the game through the REDprelauncher.exe that is in the steamapps>common>Cyberpunk 2077, but Steam does not recognize that I am running the game.

I tried launching from the Cyberpunk2077.exe located in steamapps>common>Cyberpunk 2077>bin>x64 - but that did not result in Steam recognizing that I'm running the game. I also tried moving the Cyberpunk2077.exe to the main folder, but that resulted in the game not launching at all. I have tried manually adding the game to Steam, but oddly neither the game nor the REDLauncher show up as installed programs in the browser. I have also tried Settings>Downloads>Steam Library Folders>Repair Library Folder, which did not work. And I obviously restarted Steam in between each of these attempts. I'm stumped.

I of course could just play through the REDLauncher.exe, but I would like Steam to track my achievements and play time. Does anyone know what is going on with this? I have found somewhat similar situations of people wanting to run Cyberpunk2077 without the REDLauncher, but all of those videos and guides assume that Steam recognizes that the game is installed (as in, the PLAY button is available rather than INSTALL). Those guides are simply just trying to bypass the running the extra launcher through Steam. I have also seen folks whose Install has suddenly disappeared on Steam, but with no clear answers other than just launching the game manually - but again that defeats my desire to see my achievements and playtime through Steam. If anyone has figured out a solution to this I'd be super greatful!

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• Example1.PNG
    Example1.PNG
    205.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Example2.PNG
    Example2.PNG
    39.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Example3.PNG
    Example3.PNG
    47 KB · Views: 260
Top Bottom