Steam not detecting Cyberpunk 2077 install

+
Hey all!

I've put about 55 hours into Cyberpunk 2077, but all of a sudden Steam is prompting me to "install" Cyberpunk again. I've verified Windows can detect all of my hard drives, and Cyberpunk 2077 is in the same directory as plenty of other games which are detected fine. I've navigated to the directory directly and been able to launch via the .exe. I noticed that when this happened, my most recent manual save had also been corrupted. I was able to launch the game and reload the auto save shortly before that manual save, so no harm done. I cannot verify the integrity of local files since Steam will not detect my installation. After launching the game, I was able to play an hour or two with no (unexpected) issues.

My current workaround is that I've added a "non-steam game" manually and pointed it to the Cyberpunk 2077 install. It's a minor inconvenience, but I'm mainly concerned if Steam will maintain my cloud saves in the current state. I also am not confident what will happen to my save files if I uninstall and reinstall (though if someone can point me to the directory they're in, I can just copy them somewhere else and uninstall and reinstall the game as a troubleshooting step).

Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom