steam patch not working [incompatible version error message]

+
steam patch not working [incompatible version error message]

hi, so i get the critical error whenever i install the steam patch, either manually or by running the game in steam(where it installs dx and the patches)

i already tried reinstalling the game. i even deleted registry keys then reinstalled, i also verified them using the registry checker.

what happens is the patcher graphic comes up, it says checking game version, then suddenly, shutting down and giving my the critical error. i'm not sure what's going on. is there a file i need to remove?

if anyone would be kind enough to post a screenshot of the bin and main game folder so i can see which files i should delete. thanks.

If you have not already tried this, verify the integrity of the game files through steam, to do this you need to right click on TW2 and click properties, then click on the local files tab, and click verify game cache, i had to do this and it dled a 9gb patch file, then my game would patch properly

i'm gonna delete the entire folder and do it fresh. i hope that works.

as for the future, if devs are reading this, or community manager if you can pass it along, could you forgo the file verification process for steam version? i have redownloaded the game several times on steam because of it. steam already as its own verifier and also cd key checker.

I have problems with the game since patch 1.3 that steam does not update, an error saying that my copy of the game is incomplete bla bla. At the end I solved the problem with a patch I found that weighs 3.9 GB.

Yesterday I tried installing the 2.0 patch for steam and discharges it well but fails to install.

Right now I have trying to uninstall the game and also delete the folder of witcher2 steamapps and with Ccleaner I deleted temp files and regitry too.
When it will finish down again i will see what happens but I`ll have little hope.

I dont know if the problem is steam or CD Projekt RED but it sucks that every time a patch comes out people like me that have a steam copy of the game have problems. It seems right that the people hacking the game because it is better than the copy of steam and free.

from what it sounds like, you may be experiencing the exact same problem. i must admit i'm not used to this level of troubleshooting. i tried the "activate.exe" in the game folder but it doesn't seem to be working as nothing happens.

could you tell me where you found that patch btw?

At supports page. This is the link to direct download My link.

This patch only works to upgrade to version 1.35. They should make another like it but until version 2.0.

If you install this patch and then the 2.0 patch dont works. I tried it

apparently, it works fine now. whatever it was, it had something to do with an outdated file or something that i neglected to delete.

Top Bottom