Steam release canceled?

+
Steam release canceled?

So awhile ago the question was asked in this thread if the game would be released on steam.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/99381-Coming-to-Steam?highlight=steam

The following reply was given by Rafal_Jaki : We will be on steam for the full release

Yesterday a few reports were published about CD project. In the following reddit post a few points were given.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4zyyoo/cd_projekt_posts_q2_results_company_now_worth/

• GOG Galaxy is working for CDPR: they have sold more addons to the Witcher 3 than the main game itself last year.
  • Galaxy will be used for online features in CDPR games going forward. Gwent will be powered by Galaxy (which has built in cross-play support).
  • Most of the revenue generated by the Witcher 3 addons was included in Q1 report.
  • Game development spending amounts to around $3.75 mil per quarter.
  • CDPR wants to prepare Gwent for e-sports market.
  • 100 developers work on Gwent, including the entire marketing team.
  • No plans for mobile Gwent at this stage, although "CDPR like mobile"
  • Final release expected few months after the start of the closed beta.
  • CDPR is on a hiring spree - currently 104 job offers on their website.

These points seem to indicate that Gwent wont be coming to steam but instead will run only on GOG Galaxy.
    While this may be good to get more profit from the game i fear it will put a dent in the potential playerbase that this game is going to need. So what do you think that this could mean for the game is staying away from Steam going to help or hurt the game in the long run.

mjul

Forum veteran
GOG is not working for CDPR. GoG is a subsidiary of CDP, the same with CDPR. So they are parallel entities within the same group.

Also you have a direct quote from a representative. It will be coming to steam. CDPR people are not Sean Murray.

Stop trolling.

Last edited:
So... does this mean if I want to play the beta on PC i have to get GoG?

...Great. Two systems I need to install now to play all my games. DX

Anyone here want to help a guy out?

So... does this mean if I want to play the beta on PC i have to get GoG?

...Great. Two systems I need to install now to play all my games. DX

Anyone here want to help a guy out?
GoG is not something you 'get'. Your account here is already a GoG account. As for Galaxy... Well, it is very much still a work in progress. Hence, you'll see "Beta" when you go to its webpage. Anyway, if your only concern is the Gwent Beta, wait till the date's nearer and you'll get more specific instructions for what to download and such. Most likely, you'll need to add the game to your library first and an updated Galaxy.

After Beta, you're always free to uninstall Galaxy and go back to your Steam. If you want to hang around, you can also check out GOG Connect to add certain Steam games to your GoG library. It's very specific and for certain times only. Do note that Galaxy is only required for games with online functionality, so you don't even need it installed to play most GoG games.

Can I just say that those different font colors giving points make me real warm and fuzzy inside?
:surprise:

Top Bottom