Steam sales!!!

+
Yay! Getting it now! Should dig me out of gaming-rut land... Fingers crossed it finally works...

You will probably need to install a bunch of third-party patches and mods to get it to work. There's plenty of help lying around, and from the sound of it, some of it might actually be in this forum.

If you get stuck, feel free to ask me so that I can get to say no. I know I got it working fairly fast, but can't for the life of me remember how.

Just noticed the compatibility issues. Am I right in thinking there are issues with windows 7?

(Last time I played it I was using a PC running ME or XP, I can't remember which.)

Just noticed the compatibility issues. Am I right in thinking there are issues with windows 7?

(Last time I played it I was using a PC running ME or XP, I can't remember which.)

No, it is a issue with the game itself.. It is a RAM issue.. You have too much of it.. Funny really.. Game has a limit on how much ram your computer can have.. Patch fixes it and it also works for Windows 8.

At Humble Bundle you can pay what you want (from $1 to beating the average that is always aroun 4.something to unlock the games that have a lock icon, to your lifesavings) and get both DRM versions packed in a .rar and steam keys for the same games to redeem on Steam. This week is being pretty interesting:

-The humble bundle 9 includes Trine 2 (which is a very beautiful platformer with interchangeable characters that seem like fantasy rpg tropes or roles), Mark of the Ninja (stealth in 2d, and people say it's VERY good), Eat Muchies Beta (no fucking idea), Motherfucking Tim Schaffer's Brütal Legend (Dinasty Warriors-with A LOT LESS cannon fodder- meets RTS, meets Ocarina of Time -and epona is a customizable hot-rod - in a Heavy Metal world), Faster than Light (roguelike starship strategy), and Fez (2d platformer with 3d rotating scenarios). Up to Brutal Legend included you can get for the smaller amout of 1 dollar legally, but if you want to contribute a little, try at least to beat the average.

- Meanwhile, their weekly sale includes Serious Sam 1 and 2 both in their HD versions, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, and this time if you pay more than a fixed amount of $6, you also get Hard Reset Expanded Edition and System Shock 2.

Many of these games also include their OSTs as an extra.

mmmh...mark of the ninja, Fez, Trine2 and system shock 2 are the good ones. Got to wait for more:/

mmmh...mark of the ninja, Fez, Trine2 and system shock 2 are the good ones. Got to wait for more:/

Don't expect more games coming for the Weekly Sale, it doesn't go that way. But for the Humble Bundle, DO expect more games, because they always end up adding more. The good thing is that if you've already bought the bundle you'll get them with no added charge. What I'm not so sure is if you need to beat the current average to get the added games or you'll get them anyway. Anyway, if you change yor mind and want to get the ones you don't have the option I've read somewhere you can just pay the difference and there you go.

Ok, I failed...

I downloaded the Unoffical patch, installed said patch, and I am running steam as admin...

Still not working.

I am getting a "Cannot Find Steam" message if I run it from the folder, (which running steam as admin is supposed to fix,) and I am getting a .dll error if I run it through steam.

I need some help.

Windows 7 x64. I'm not running Steam as admin, have no compatibility or launch options set, and just launched VTMB directly from the desktop icon. So it's probably something to do with which patch you used.

I appear to be using either "True_Patch_Gold_FINAL_with_hotfix7" or Unofficial patch 8.5, but I'm damned if I know which.

Did you install the official 1.2 patch and then Wesps 8.7 unofficial patch, Chris?

You may need to create a shortcut from the primary executable in Windows 7 or XP Compatibility Mode.

I've not run a Steam version, myself.

This might be useful:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2025035

It specifically states that the 1.2 official patch isn't needed with the unofficial patches after 6.0.

I have set Steam and VTMB to run as admin.

Still getting 'Can't Find Steam' from the .exe and the Steam tab keeps coming up with a problem with the BinkW32.DLL installation.

At Humble Bundle you can pay what you want (from $1 to beating the average that is always aroun 4.something to unlock the games that have a lock icon, to your lifesavings) and get both DRM versions packed in a .rar and steam keys for the same games to redeem on Steam. This week is being pretty interesting:

-The humble bundle 9 includes Trine 2 (which is a very beautiful platformer with interchangeable characters that seem like fantasy rpg tropes or roles), Mark of the Ninja (stealth in 2d, and people say it's VERY good), Eat Muchies Beta (no fucking idea), Motherfucking Tim Schaffer's Brütal Legend (Dinasty Warriors-with A LOT LESS cannon fodder- meets RTS, meets Ocarina of Time -and epona is a customizable hot-rod - in a Heavy Metal world), Faster than Light (roguelike starship strategy), and Fez (2d platformer with 3d rotating scenarios). Up to Brutal Legend included you can get for the smaller amout of 1 dollar legally, but if you want to contribute a little, try at least to beat the average.

- Meanwhile, their weekly sale includes Serious Sam 1 and 2 both in their HD versions, Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition, and this time if you pay more than a fixed amount of $6, you also get Hard Reset Expanded Edition and System Shock 2.

Many of these games also include their OSTs as an extra.

That's a pretty good line up, although I'd toss FEZ and put Mark of the Ninja as the locked game.

@ Chris...hoooboy. Looks like you get to dally with Steam customer support. Never fun. Last I fired up bloodlines it worked for me.

It specifically states that the 1.2 official patch isn't needed with the unofficial patches after 6.0.

I have set Steam and VTMB to run as admin.

Still getting 'Can't Find Steam' from the .exe and the Steam tab keeps coming up with a problem with the BinkW32.DLL installation.

OK, i found this:

"Originally posted by Internet:

1: Right-click on "Computer" (in XP it was called "My Computer") and click on Properties.

2: in Vista / 7, on the left click on "Advanced System Settings". On XP, Google search for how to change your system path, because I can't quite remember where things were in XP.

3: In the Advanced tab, you'll see a button for "Environment Variables". Click it.

4: In the upper section of that new window, you should see something like "User Variables for [your username]". Scroll through to find the one called "PATH".

5: Highlight the entry for "PATH" and click "Edit...".

6: You'll get a too-small text box that has a field on the top for "Variable Name" and a field under it for "Variable Value". Put your cursor into the "Variable Value" field and hit the [End] key so you know you're not inserting text in the middle of another entry. If you push the right arrow key it should not scroll.

7: Add a semicolon [;] to separate your new entry from the others. This is the key to the right of the 'L' key, without pressing Shift.
Correct -> ;
Incorrect -> :

8: Paste in the path to Steam, which for me on a default-install Windows 7 64 system is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

9: Press OK, and re-launch Steam so that it gets the new environment variables. (It might work without re-launching, but hey why not.)

10: Run the game!"

Hope it helps..

I'm reinstalling it, I took some advice from the steam forums... I deleted a lot of stuff and it got me nowhere.

I'll try this once thats done.

http://www.patches-scrolls.com/vampire_bloodlines.php

Unofficial patch. Get it, etc.

There are also a host of addons and mods you might be interested in.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/vampirethemasqueradebloodlines/

Recommend: Camarilla Edition if you've played the PnP.

Not sure I wanna go so far as to change/improve the base game till I finish it, but man, it'd be nice not to have the game always crash at that one cut scene...

So, all the basic patches in order, or just the latest do you think?

And after all that happening to Chris, I'm kinda glad I haven't yet. I'll wait and see how it all pans out, then try and wrap my tiny brain around doing the same thing but with windows 8...

Yeah, I might reinstall it on Windows 8 64, just to say. Don't like paying Activision any money though, especially after buying it once. This time, Troika would get nothing, grr.

I always play with the Cam mod, now. Good times.

Top Bottom