Steam sales

+
You could give a try to ss2 if it isn't too old to appeal you, 'cause dead space/deus ex/bioshock are from the same breed.

I started it just before Bioshock went on sale a few weeks ago, and only stopped because I was desperately wanting to play Bioshock. Yup, definitely plan to play it.
I should probably also give the original Deus Ex another shot (and VTMB ) soon. At the time I started each of them, I was still new to the genre, and couldn't really get into either, but I should be comfortable with them now.
So much backlog... So much time...

I suggest "hacker ninja thing" builds to play all of them.
Except bioshock and dead space because they get small parts of ss2.

Btw don't take deus ex non lethal stealth way as the only one, that's just marketing points which gotten into fanboys saying the same things over and over. I mean yeah, you can play it as if it was a puzzle and don't go around shooting because the systems suck in the first place but fucking up your stealth plans is part of the thrill since it will cause scary messes (those are the actual times when you' ll feel overwhelmed). "Correct" movement/style/builds is something that has no place in some games' design no more

Last edited:
I suggest "hacker ninja thing" builds to play all of them.
Except bioshock and dead space because they get small parts of ss2.

Btw don't take deus ex non lethal stealth way as the only one, that's just marketing points which gotten into fanboys saying the same things over and over. I mean yeah, you can play it as if it was a puzzle and don't go around shooting because the systems suck in the first place but fucking up your stealth plans is part of the thrill since it will cause scary messes (those are the actual times when you' ll feel overwhelmed). "Correct" movement/style/builds is something that has no place in some games' design no more

First playthrough tends to be whatever seems to make sense, and if it becomes a poor build, I'll just throw it away and start again. After that, I start looking at intelligent builds, and challenges.

Yeah, that's a problem because you'd want to get rid of everything that is useless but still everything you find has a purpose later (like in ss2 ex etc). You learn skills to use in part of the maps (you don't need swimming though). It's just invisibility, running augs and some items happen to be the most useful and straightforward ones.
Also getting cheats for the leg aug is a good idea because the intro map is too big to learn what you need and you' ll spend at least a couple of hours into walking:/

Last edited:
Goddamn. Now I want to play SS 2 again. DAMN YOU VTMB. DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. U.

No problemo

Also this one is coming up

That..what is that? Why have I not heard of it! To Google!

"A non linear experience lets you explore any part of the fully open Moon base and find out secrets that other players may not!
Be immersed with Full body awareness, Deadzone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points system... you must run, hide and survive the best you can against what lurks in the base.
There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma death system that will keep you on the edge!"

Ohhhh. Delicious.

No one tell @suhiir - she'll never play it.

I picked up a couple of minor things that had been wishlisted - the Bioshock Infinite DLCs and Game of Thrones. The only things I REALLY want are too new to be discounted, like Watch Dogs and Thief.

I'm still working through my backlog too.

You should really get Velvet Assassin, instead of Thief, as 227 says, you misguided woman. :p
You're soooo lost that even bought Game of Thrones... :troll: You know, there are bad/mediocre games that have redimable qualities. But when you pick up a great world, with interesting characters, plots and conflicts, and you totally shit and vomit all over it... you dont create a bad game, you commit A SIN. Thats what Game of Thrones is, A SIN. Bad move, Dragon. :p Specially when we know Tell-tale is on the works of smthg on that universe.
Bioshock is a good choice, though. :)

I picked up mylself PAPERS PLEASE, at the ridiculous price of US $2... I feel so guilty :p that I might buy it on GOG at a later stage, just to support the dev.
Soo good a game. I love when story and mechanics are married in such an organic way. :)

May pick up also Enslaved or the upcoming Valiant Hearts some time next week. Making the best of what remains of my Steam Wallet.

Last edited:
Giggle. I am a heretic.
I want Thief because it's NOT like the originals. I admire the concept behind the original Thief games a lot, but got bored well before I'd finished the first game. What I'm hoping for with Thief 4 is something like Dishonored.

No idea if I'll like GoT or not, but some have said it was OK, I have the advantage of not having read the books, and it was dirt cheap. Oh, and I picked up The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing a couple of hours ago.

Still got the South Park game wishlisted - I suspect that's the only other one I may buy this round. I'll wait for Thief to hit 50%

Last edited:
Giggle. I am a heretic.
I want Thief because it's NOT like the originals. I admire the concept behind the original Thief games a lot, but got bored well before I'd finished the first game. What I'm hoping for with Thief 4 is something like Dishonored.

No idea if I'll like GoT or not, but some have said it was OK, I have the advantage of not having read the books, and it was dirt cheap. Oh, and I picked up The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing a couple of hours ago.

My kid, who's read the books and is currently enjoying Original Sin, has played the GoT game. He liked it, said it was good fun if you didn't expect too much. I gave up on it after about an hour, but then I was hoping for something a lot more.

Well, at the price of a cinema ticket, giving up after a couple of hours won't worry me. Just started Burial at Sea - I am SO glad I played Bioshock first. It must be totally incomprehensible to anyone who's only played Infinite.

Top Bottom