Steam workshop support?

+
Will the witcher 3 ever have steam workshop support? There has been a resurgence to the game and so many are looking to spice up their game on this playthrough, I think adding workshop support will make it much better experience for everyone.

More than four years after the game's release? I highly doubt it, and IMO Nexus is more than enough.

(Moved to a more appropriate forum.)

No, it's the worst idea ever, and I very much hope Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't do that either.
Why?
1 Steam Workshop is a walled garden, you must own the game on Steam to access mods on Steam
2 Mods should always be hosted independently of any store, or developer/publisher control
3 GOG, and thus CDPR know this, and that's why there is no mod hosting on GOG's web site.
4 Steam Workshop is a very restrictive, and extremely simplistic system, of "download to specified folder"
5 Just like NMM/Vortex (for all non BGS games) the "download to specified folder" system is largely not worth using.
6 Due to 5, only the most basic mods are usable without the same manual work needed with NMM/Vortex.
7 The exact same result can be achieved with manual modding, with the exact same amount of effort.
8 The Witcher 3 Mod Manager is designed for modding this game, and is the only manager that makes things easier.
9 if Valve gained full control of modding, they would monetise it,like they do their own games.

If that's not enough
Why do you think they named the Download button "Subscribe"?
Simple, they wanted to sell the mods, from the start.
The Workshop was designed for the first game to ever use it, Skyrim.
Skyrim didn't get the Workshop in February 2012, Skyrim was the entire reason the Workshop was created
Why?
Valve, and Bethesda expected the Workshop to dominate all other sites, but when we Skyrim modders rejected, it for the POS it was, and flocked to Nexus Mods instead, making it the biggest mod hosting site in the world, Valve, and Bethesda Softworks had to put their original plans on hold.
Then when Fallout 4, was announced, they used the Skyrim Workshop as a sacrificial game, to see if they could force us to pay for mods, and we all know how well that went.

Games having a Steam Workshop, is never in the users, or devs best interest, it only benefits Valve.
Especially for a CDPR game, where the best place to buy it is from GOG, and as an avid GOG user, all I can say is, at least GOG isn't as greedy as Valve, and keeps mods independent, and not on their store, and/or client.

Last edited:
Will the witcher 3 ever have steam workshop support? There has been a resurgence to the game and so many are looking to spice up their game on this playthrough, I think adding workshop support will make it much better experience for everyone.
It would be excelent an extra option for those who want to mod the game through steam, with more options to choose how people can mod the game.
I think now is the time to ask for cd projekt red to implement steam workshop with the new enhanced edition of witcher 3 for the next generation ahead. I saw this news on steam.
Video for information about it:

Top Bottom