Stellaris

+
If you're going to get Stellaris it's probably wise to get Utopia and Apocalypse with it.

Noted. My nephew has been trying to get me to play for about a year. I'm finally getting into the frame of mind that I think I could enjoy it. (Sometimes, I play a genre of game completely out of my system. Like the time I played about 6 campaigns of Warhammer Total War in a row, and then my nephew asked if I wanted to try this game called "Stellaris".)

I like Stellaris, but it's not as compelling to play as some other games. Don't get me wrong, it's fun (assuming you're into 4X type games) but rarely does it leave me going to bed planning what I'll do next.

I tried the Master of Orion remake, but it's not the same feeling as MoO2. When it comes to space 4x, MoO2 was my mostest favoritestest. Stellaris looks like it could be fun enough, though!

I tried the Master of Orion remake, but it's not the same feeling as MoO2. When it comes to space 4x, MoO2 was my mostest favoritestest. Stellaris looks like it could be fun enough, though!
I find Stellaris a LOT more interesting then I ever did MoO.
But then I'm a detail oriented nitpicker by nature :ohstopit:

DLCs are one thing but don't forget you can use mods (Steam Workshop for Stellaris, as example) to further enhance or tweak, broaden or perhaps even limit :shrug: your gameplay and experience.

What I kinda miss in this game is planetary fights. It's not like every ground battle has to turn into a grand scenario stretching hours (but that could occasionally be awesome for capital worlds) but slightly more (visual) simulation for planetary fights beyond a numbers game is that would immerse me more. Whether tricky to implement or not, just stating what I'd miss or consider a big improvement.

But I am certain we will eventually get such games that combine the best of certain games or approaches. Even if it takes more years or decades. I have time. So far.

I think I'll try it out again soon and start a new game. Maybe machine empire.

Yeah, the ground battles are pretty lame. But given the time scale the game covers (each second is like a week or more) it sorta has to be pretty abstract. PLUS imagine all the art that would be needed considering the number of species and tech types/advances!

Noted. My nephew has been trying to get me to play for about a year. I'm finally getting into the frame of mind that I think I could enjoy it. (Sometimes, I play a genre of game completely out of my system. Like the time I played about 6 campaigns of Warhammer Total War in a row, and then my nephew asked if I wanted to try this game called "Stellaris".)

I really like Stellaris, but for me, Distant Worlds Universe is still king in terms of 4x space games.

There was this one game tho.. Stardrive.. Was such a blast but unfortunately didn't quite reach its fullest probably because it was literally made by one guy.. Still had the funnest and quite deep ship designer of the lot.

(Sometimes, I play a genre of game completely out of my system. Like the time I played about 6 campaigns of Warhammer Total War in a row, and then my nephew asked if I wanted to try this game called "Stellaris".)

...!

Me, I played a game called The Witness, which was a lot of fun for just wandering around a island solving puzzles.

I'm playing something called Stellarium now, which is like Stellaris but a little bit different.

Top Bottom