Still Bad Optimized

+
My Specs:
Core I7 7700k
32 Gb Ram DDR4
MSI GTX 970
M2 SSD 860 EVO

You told in your patch note that you improved an optimization on last-generation consoles and lower performance machines. Well... I have bad news for you/
Exq2LlCW8BIycm3.jpg

Ziffa

Forum regular
Check your temps.
Make sure to have latest Nvidia driver
Check with MSI Afterburner GPU/CPU %

Some settings live volumetric fog are the one that eat the most in terms of FPS.

Same for me... The game is still very laggy. Especially when I'm driving. And sometimes I can get full 60 FPS and then I turn around to some light or fog and then boom... 15 FPS... What's going on with their light/fog... Is this some kind of 8k ultra graphic fog/lights? BTW I have a GTX 1080

Check your temps.
Make sure to have latest Nvidia driver
Check with MSI Afterburner GPU/CPU %

Some settings live volumetric fog are the one that eat the most in terms of FPS.
Also I checked Volumetric Fog. It's low settings.

I suggest checking out videos like this one:
and optimizing your in-game settings. Some options are completely irrelevant and don't impact visuals at all, whilst giving fps boost. I have zero issues with fps drops with gtx 1660ti after following that video.

@DAN1637IEL are you playing in FullHD? ... I saw that image you posted is 1919x1079, isnt possible that it causes some issues?
1080p full screen. It's just a screenshot program, that I wanted to capture shadowplay FPS counter.
Post automatically merged:

I suggest checking out videos like this one:
and optimizing your in-game settings. Some options are completely irrelevant and don't impact visuals at all, whilst giving fps boost. I have zero issues with fps drops with gtx 1660ti after following that video.
Tried. Still 15-25 fps.

With this newest update I have worse FPS on the same meticulously optimized settings as before. I've lost around 5 FPS, even 10 in some places.

I hope that devs are reading this, because this is would be sad and that we showed and wrote in vain.

I confirm, FPS are significantly lower after this patch.

Cars in traffic and pedestrians are disappearing/spawning randomly, NPC reactions are still cloned and cars still stop without any reason. From perspective of the streets nothing really changed. Sorry.

Clearly this patch meant to address the issues with missions and consoles.

Last edited:
im sorry to inform you that your cpu is outdated and your gpu was discontinued 8 years ago.
no, you cant play cp at max res with that hardware.
i got an i9-9900k and a 1050 gtx ti and i had to remove crowds and some other stuff, still cant go full res.

im sorry to inform you that your cpu is outdated and your gpu was discontinued 8 years ago.
i got an i9-9900k and a 1050 gtx ti and i had to remove crowds and some other stuff, still cant go full res.
DO you know that I'm not intended to play it in max settings? I'm using low-medium settings with 75% of rendering and still gets 15 fps. For example. RDR 2 in medium and high settings running much better, than this game. Even BOCW running in medium settings 60 fps.

One of the best optimizations I've ever seen in my life is Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017), which is still running at max settings 70-80 fps. CDPR needs to learn from DICE how to optimize games.

DO you know that I'm not intended to play it in max settings? I'm using low-medium settings with 75% of rendering and still gets 15 fps. For example. RDR 2 in medium and high settings running much better, than this game. Even BOCW running in medium settings 60 fps.

One of the best optimizations I've ever seen in my life is Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017), which is still running at max settings 70-80 fps. CDPR needs to learn from DICE how to optimize games.

Alright, with several chrome tabs open, and youtube running, now i can play the game in 1080p in stables 50fps
To me its a huge step.
Try you now, maybe it works better i hope it does for u!

Alright, with several chrome tabs open, and youtube running, now i can play the game in 1080p in stables 50fps
To me its a huge step.
Try you now, maybe it works better i hope it does for u!
I thought that this is a place, that people are leaving suggestions and comments to improve this game, not a circus with unfunny people.

I thought that this is a place, that people are leaving suggestions and comments to improve this game, not a circus with unfunny people.
I told you it runs better in my system and i asked you to try for yourself, in a cheerful manner.
Perhaps you thought i was mocking you?

I told you it runs better in my system and i asked you to try for yourself, in a cheerful manner.
Well. I tried to do any setups and recommendations that would increase the game performance, but nope. What's is more sad situation that at the new year I ordered 3080 and after 4 months it still didn't arrived.

Also. During of my holliday's I learned how to use Red kit of TW2, created quest lines and sent it to Cd Red with a big wish to help to improve this game, but nope... They said that they don't have a position for me. I'm so tired about this all.

Ok, I saw the news about the list of 500 fixes and improvements, but I don't see an increase in fps in the game, another bad patch from the developers, what they were doing all this time, I can't understand, oh yes, they fixed bugs, but forgot about the optimization, why did they even add Directx 12, the worst API to the game, it would be better to leave the game on Directx 11, or it would be better to add Vulkan api, but I don't need RT, and it seems to me that patch 1.2 is a dummy, it seems to fix bugs, but it seems no, I thought I would finally pass the game, but still I will leave until better times. Still, the game is exclusive for RTX, and the developers and NVIDIA do not care about GTX, I finally lost confidence in cd projekt red. Sorry for my english.

Top Bottom