Still Eredin Slyzard Immune

+
However old Gold Immunity was the same concept, I am not a fan of it, however stating it is overpowered is simply not true.
To be fair I would not mind Eredin being changed, he is the only Monster leader I never played and will propably not play, given that he is boring, has no flavor in his gameplay and is binary by design.
The same reason I do not like Usurper, both dumb down the game and just say "My fun is taking away your fun.".
Both are not gamebreaking, however by design contemptible.

I think the same, that's why I said that I do not worry about Eredin, at the same time I do not like the design of his ability.
Usurper is for frustrated people, who in their healthy judgment enter a game to annoy other people? a Troll.

[...]
Same with Iris. Played against DD a few times so stuck Iris in a derck - haven't seen it since. That's the only thing I really dislike, there does seem to be an algorithm that recognises your counter and matches you accordingly so you effectively can't use it. Perhaps its random and it just feel unfair.
I am not sure you are right about such matchups eluding you once you teched, however from my experience that could be possible, I completely agree about that being irritating.

Maybe you said that to be begin with, however I do not remember you saying the idea of such concepts hard countering each other would be awful, in that case I can understand your stance, though that is a general design critique, rather than critique on this instance in specific.

This is not even a tier 1 deck. You not liking the gameplan of this type of deck doesn't equate to it needing a nerf.

What? You think you're supposed to enjoy playing against all varieties of lists out there?

And it was already mentioned by Alexander Volgin on how to counter immune Eredin. There's no point attacking him by implying that he has little experience/knowledge of the game (if anything he has more). Bleeding Eredin as an effective counter is FACTS.

So you can complain & spew nonsense but make sure not to take yourselves seriously while doing so.

What I wonder about is, how purify will affect immunity. Wether purify abilities that can target a single enemy can remove immunity, or not. And how that will make immunity weaker.

Guest 4339135

What I wonder about is, how purify will affect immunity. Wether purify abilities that can target a single enemy can remove immunity, or not. And how that will make immunity weaker.

That will be interesting. But I don't think that purify can target immune cards, this would kill immunity.
Post automatically merged:

This is not even a tier 1 deck. You not liking the gameplan of this type of deck doesn't equate to it needing a nerf.

What? You think you're supposed to enjoy playing against all varieties of lists out there?

And it was already mentioned by Alexander Volgin on how to counter immune Eredin. There's no point attacking him by implying that he has little experience/knowledge of the game (if anything he has more). Bleeding Eredin as an effective counter is FACTS.

So you can complain & spew nonsense but make sure not to take yourselves seriously while doing so.

Sorry, but I don't know what I should answer to people like you, because everything you said is wrong. All I said had nothing to do with being tier 1 or if the deck is easy to counter, you can not even understand my intention. The design of this combination is the problem, that's the point. And I never said that bleeding is a bad idea against this deck, it is the right strategy. All I said is that it isn't an easy thing to win round 1 and then bleed, you should learn to read before you blame other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
That will be interesting. But I don't think that purify can target immune cards, this would kill immunity.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, but I don't know what I should answer to people like you, because everything you said is wrong. All I said had nothing to do with being tier 1 or if the deck is easy to counter, you can not even understand my intention. The design of this combination is the problem, that's the point. And I never said that bleeding is a bad idea against this deck, it is the right strategy. All I said is that it isn't an easy thing to win round 1 and then bleed, you should learn to read before you blame other people.

Well, here's something to consider: I didn't mention that you thought the deck was tier 1. I brought that fact up to prove a point; that point being that there is no nerf that holds merit here. You have a problem with the design? That's too bad.

I'll throw the reading comprehension suggestion in your court now. Good day.

Guest 4339135

Well, here's something to consider: I didn't mention that you thought the deck was tier 1. I brought that fact up to prove a point; that point being that there is no nerf that holds merit here. You have a problem with the design? That's too bad.

I'll throw the reading comprehension suggestion in your court now. Good day.

And you still can't understand what I'm talking about, all I said had nothing to do with the strenght of the deck but you're only talking about this. You really should learn to read it the right way. I never had the attention to attack you, I want to help you understand what I mean, but people like you only want to argue and disagree. So I have to say: please go home. amen

And you still can't understand what I'm talking about, all I said had nothing to do with the strenght of the deck but you're only talking about this. You really should learn to read it the right way. I never had the attention to attack you, I want to help you understand what I mean, but people like you only want to argue and disagree. So I have to say: please go home. amen

Let me quote your original post and highlight some of it so that you can perhaps understand your own words?

"I thought MO would be nerfed with the last patch and Eredin Slyzard would be included in this nerf. But I still face this stupid deck, which is nearly impossible to beat when you don't play Yrden, Igni or scorch. And don't want to play this cards in every single deck. To play against Eredin Slyzard is an impertinence and it is not ok that after several months still nothing happened to change this. And by the way: where are all this monster nerfs? I could see nothing of the 'big monster nerf'...."

You should want to help yourself understand what you've said before thinking that I need to understand, lol. All you said had nothing to do with the strength of the deck? Just re-read (again) what you typed up in your post: "but I still face this stupid deck, which is nearly impossible to beat when you don't play Yrden, Igni or Scorch". That (by the way) is a false statement; it is very possible to beat Eredin without having to run the cards stated above. Perhaps you understood this later on in the thread when another user brought up the bleeding strategy.

So now the problem becomes you contradicting yourself. But I digress.

Guest 4339135

Let me quote your original post and highlight some of it so that you can perhaps understand your own words?

"I thought MO would be nerfed with the last patch and Eredin Slyzard would be included in this nerf. But I still face this stupid deck, which is nearly impossible to beat when you don't play Yrden, Igni or scorch. And don't want to play this cards in every single deck. To play against Eredin Slyzard is an impertinence and it is not ok that after several months still nothing happened to change this. And by the way: where are all this monster nerfs? I could see nothing of the 'big monster nerf'...."

You should want to help yourself understand what you've said before thinking that I need to understand, lol. All you said had nothing to do with the strength of the deck? Just re-read (again) what you typed up in your post: "but I still face this stupid deck, which is nearly impossible to beat when you don't play Yrden, Igni or Scorch". That (by the way) is a false statement; it is very possible to beat Eredin without having to run the cards stated above. Perhaps you understood this later on in the thread when another user brought up the bleeding strategy.

So now the problem becomes you contradicting yourself. But I digress.

You still don't understand, I can't help you anymore...

Guest 4339135

Explain what I haven't understood after me mentioning that you don't like the ability.

I'll be curious to see what you have to say.

Ok, last try. I try to explain it for you.

1. The thread is called 'Still Eredin Slyzard Immune' and as you can see, it is not called 'Eredin Slyzard is OP' or 'Eredin Slyzard unbeatable', this thread has nothing to do with the strenght of the deck, but you have read something else I think.

2. Nice that you have highlighted my first statement for me. The key words in there are my examples: Yrden, Igni and Scorch. I'm not talking about the deck at all, I'm talking about the situation in the crucial round, when you face the immune slyzard and there are only some specific cards, that could deal with the slyzard. So you're favourite topic 'bleeding' is not necessary, because I'm talking about the situation where the chance to bleed no longer exists. And by the way, I know that bleeding is the best strategy against this deck and I have showed you several reasons why this isn't such an easy thing, too. But this doesn't matter because we look at the specific situation in round 3. And now we came to 3. and my intention.

3. The problem that I'm talking about is the combination of Eredin and Slyzard and not the strenght of the whole deck. Because an immune Slyzard who eats all units is a broken mechanic. It's like every card you play is automatically immune and so every removal based card is useless. And this is not good for game to have such broken mechanics like Isbel who can draw an extra card when your opponent has passed, because it feels like cheating.

4. In my opinion it should be not possible to use this combination anymore. The problem is not the cards themselves, but them together. And because of the fact that Slyzard is not really a good card, they have the chance to change his ability and fix this broken mechanic, but they didn't. And they did not really nerf monster at all like it was announced. Eredin's ability also is bad designed and it would be good if it will be changed.

Oh i remember you Tobi. It was my slyzard you lost against. You have no idea how much that deck got nerfed, also if its so great why dont you try to play it and make others feel the pain how op it is...gl wining round 1 afer last patch tho. And also your thread made me a bit happy since i recall you on purpose waited for expire time from card no2, while spaming taunts 🤗 No hard feelings tho

Guest 4339135

Oh i remember you Tobi. It was my slyzard you lost against. You have no idea how much that deck got nerfed, also if its so great why dont you try to play it and make others feel the pain how op it is...gl wining round 1 afer last patch tho. And also your thread made me a bit happy since i recall you on purpose waited for expire time from card no2, while spaming taunts 🤗 No hard feelings tho

I never said that this deck is good, so again: what the hell you're talking about? Please learn to read the posts so that you know what I'm talking about. And then you could see that the mechanic in this deck is broken and it feels not fair to play against it, so I'm not fair when you play something like this. I don't understand why people abuse everything to win, when you play a normal deck then everything is ok. And by the way: everybody who uses this deck said it is weak, so then why you're playing it?

Because there is nothing more fun than watching other players spam emotes, or auto-concede, even if the probability is slim, knowing that they are powerless. Especially against Crach-decks, this deck was a great fun. The excitement at smashing a tier 1 deck by a large margin with a tier 2 deck (at best). Sadly with Gerni roaming around the deck is not viable, and the element of surprise is gone.

You probably remember spears right? They were fun to play against.

This discussion is going around in circles and I am tempted to close the thread, if this continues. So, if everything is said and done, please, let it rest or bring some new arguments to the table.

PS. The expansion is coming soon. Let's wait and see what change it will bring to Eredin and the meta.

Guest 4339135

This discussion is going around in circles and I am tempted to close the thread, if this continues. So, if everything is said and done, please, let it rest or bring some new arguments to the table.

PS. The expansion is coming soon. Let's wait and see what change it will bring to Eredin and the meta.

That's a good point, thank you.

Top Bottom