Still having save corruption problems with 1.06

+
Even after the 1.06 hotfix, I have save corruption issues. When working normally my game saves instantly, you see the saving wheel for just an instant. Other times the save wheel hangs at the top of the screen for literally minutes, and often never ends. I can't save again during that time, and if I go to the menu I see no saves so I can't reload. The only thing I can do is exit the game, but the process hangs in Task Manager with the game sound sill playing, and I have to manually kill it. When I restart the game I can see all my saves, but the one that hang shows in the list as corrupted. I remove that save, go back to an older one, and often have the same problem.

It seems like the save process is hanging and not completing. Does anybody else have this issue? I recently changed my gameplay setting from "normal" to "hard" and this issue got much worse...does that change break something??

Last edited:
This actually sounds like a memory corruption problem on your side. Have you tried memtest to test your RAM for errors, and similar tools for your HDD/SSD?

This actually sounds like a memory corruption problem on your side. Have you tried memtest to test your RAM for errors, and similar tools for your HDD/SSD?

Yes, my system is in good working order.
Post automatically merged:

I also did a file verification through steam.

Last edited:
im also still having the same save corruption issues, xbox series x here.

the game will crash and the few most recent saves will be corrupted. completely unplayable.

BTW, I *seem* to have resolved my issue for now. I did another validation through Steam and this time it said one of my files failed and was reacquired. After that saves went back to normal. The big question is: why did one of my files get corrupted? I am not running any mods that alter the existing game files. I guess at least if it happens again I know what to try first.

Top Bottom