Still issues with The Soldier Statuette / The Nobleman Statuette [SPOILERS]

+
Still issues with The Soldier Statuette / The Nobleman Statuette [SPOILERS]

This thread contains spoilers of the main quest line in terms of chronology. If you haven't finished the game, I cannot guarantee a spoiler-free environment.

---
[Made a similar post on the Steam discussions forums:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/594820656450751916/ ]

So I have googled and searched intensly after someone in the same situation as me, yet to no avail. I am quite aware of a lot of people wondering about these quests post-Now Or Never. Frequently, they have reassured that you can complete them later in the quest line. Well, now I'm post-Imlerith, finished Reason of State as well, and am preparing the last for the Lodge of Sorceress stuff.

I was initially happy to see Triss in the Chameleon second floor room, thinking I could finally finish the two aforementioned quests. (For reference, Triss is my sole romance). Yet when speaking to her in her room, I could only ask her how she feels. These questions and replies are the same as just after the torture sequence much earlier.

As I see myself being very close to the absolute end of the main quest line. I would like to ask the people who say that you can finish it later, to specfically tell me when exactly you could finish the two quests?

Standing by for any further info/clarification if you have questions.

Thank you!

UPDATE:
Alas, I tried speaking to Triss about the statuette quests repeatedly, before starting each part of Final Preparations, no luck. Have now travelled to Skellige with the group for the Sunstone. Triss is on the ship, but now I cannot even interact with her, all she says is "Well?".

Last edited:
Weird, I had different issue with that: after returning to Novigrad I came to Triss and she broke the spell on soldier, but then the quest about nobleman had activated once again, although I did it before Now or Never

There's something that has to be patched, I guess :)

Weird, I had different issue with that: after returning to Novigrad I came to Triss and she broke the spell on soldier, but then the quest about nobleman had activated once again, although I did it before Now or Never

I suppose. Thanks for the input!

I did these quests after Triss's side quest in act three where you and her go to save Eilhart.
Yeah I've heard others reporting the same, never gave me the option before, during, or after that quest.

Here's how I finally got it to work. During the quest where you meet Triss by the fountain to look into the water it points to the bathhouse. She starts to take off and I sprint to catch up and hit the E key to talk to her. It was only at that time where I had the options to talk about the compression statues.

What was wierd is that we go to a secure location and then she goes back to her apartment like 'Now or Never' quest never happened. You just need to go to the bathhouse and things will continue normally after that.

Here's how I finally got it to work. During the quest where you meet Triss by the fountain to look into the water it points to the bathhouse. She starts to take off and I sprint to catch up and hit the E key to talk to her. It was only at that time where I had the options to talk about the compression statues.

What was wierd is that we go to a secure location and then she goes back to her apartment like 'Now or Never' quest never happened. You just need to go to the bathhouse and things will continue normally after that.

Cool idea. I'll give it a go next time around, now I've progressed quite a bit further along. Thanks for helping out though!

I hadn't done the soldier, but the nobleman re-activated for me too. Rather annoying seeing my only side quest is an already completed one.

Oh, speaking about that quest again: I'm on my second playthrough and have reached that merchant with nobleman's figurine. I've bought it, walked away, returned, aaaand he could sell me another one exactly the same figurine (no, not the keys for Aeramas' portal, but the nobleman again).

So, maybe I've accidentally bought it once again in my first playthrough, and that's the reason why that quest has been reactivated.

I'm just chiming in to say these quests behave exactly as others have described, for me: The Nobleman Statuette is doable before she takes off, while The Soldier Statuette is obtained when it is already too late to speak to her at her place. Once a certain point near the end of the game is reached, The Nobleman Statuette quests re-activates, but neither that nor The Soldier Statuette show up as conversation options when speaking to Triss at the Chameleon.

I might reload a save to try talking to her while moving towards the bathhouse, seeing how it has been reported here that it might work.

Edit: And that didn't work. No such conversation options available while going to the bathhouse.

Last edited:
I have no luck with this quest line either. I spoke to her regarding the Nobleman statue right after completing a quest with her, she said something about taking a look at it, then i was teleported to an alley in Novigrad, alone. Could not bring up the figures again, in ACT II or ACT III. Oh well. At least my "Phantom" contract for the beehives got fixed! One bug at a time!

Ok now we are on patch 11 :p

I finished the game as I gave up on the Soldier statue quest as after talking and moving with Triss it did nothing. So I finished the game.. BUT the quest stays there with no other objective.. I want it gooone :p Even as a Failed Quest.. Do we have any news? This is the last one on my list and it's bugging me :p

Ok my game is all up to date, i think i have the same problem as the rest of you, this is my first post so not had a chance to look around, but i have the 'talk to triss about the statuette' side quest, the info is in red as if its not possible and there is no map marker (i have completed the main quest), i want either something to fix it so you can do the quest, or as mentioned here before, for the quest to fail.

Top Bottom