Still no athletics fix?

+
Hi,
just checking in, so far there was no fix on slow leveling of athletics skill. Did that change with last patch?
For those who dont know, its impossible to level up athletics without exploits. Last time i did all melee-mainly running and jumping build, once i got to lvl 50, my athletics was like 7-8. So getting it to 20 is scifi.

Thanks!

I really tend to agree with this; I played a pure 20 Body Unarmed Melee Bruiser and at level 50 I think he sits at 7? Even had I been running everywhere rather than using cars or motorcycles (and there is no internal chip for listening to the radio so Eff that), I doubt I'd be higher than 11 max.

Hi,
just checking in, so far there was no fix on slow leveling of athletics skill. Did that change with last patch?
For those who dont know, its impossible to level up athletics without exploits. Last time i did all melee-mainly running and jumping build, once i got to lvl 50, my athletics was like 7-8. So getting it to 20 is scifi.

Thanks!

I don't think using berserk without pause is an exploit. Its probably the main way you are supposed to level it, do berserk, and swing heavy with melee. you get like 1000 exp per 30 second beserk i think.

there is no way you could do it otherwise, its based on how much stamina you use, and eventually you don't even use stamina to run. The other way is opening doors by force, but thats only about 100, and I don't think there are that many str doors.

I don't think using berserk without pause is an exploit. Its probably the main way you are supposed to level it, do berserk, and swing heavy with melee. you get like 1000 exp per 30 second beserk i think.

there is no way you could do it otherwise, its based on how much stamina you use, and eventually you don't even use stamina to run. The other way is opening doors by force, but thats only about 100, and I don't think there are that many str doors.
Effectively , there is not many "body" locked doors (for xp, not a great way to gain it)

I really don't how it work for body.
But i'm always up to 14 in dext and for gain "free" perk points, i use a katana for gain blade xp. I use "optics reboot" QH and slaughter all the enemies I meet.
I would have thought it would be a bit the same with a baseball bat for athletics :(

Swiming is probably the fastest way. But it's a combination of running, sliding, jumping, and swimming as activities to train for boxing. Then also doing the same while not training, and switching to fists to beat em up when hostiles enter close range or you close the distance on them; also charge/double jump to punch them in mid air. If it were anymore easy than this it would level up way to fast. We know this because we gain athletics experience from jogging/walking which is a mod. However, going swimming after running, sliding, jumping, and fighting across the city is what helps level up athletics the most. A brief swim across the bay, Pacifica to Heywood for example is way more than running across the whole city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its long time and still no fix on that. All they need to do is double the XP you recieve for "athletic stuff" for example
I played pure 150 hours character with melee/parkour focus. No car unless i was forced to ride, melee 99% of the time.
Yet i end up with Athletics 13. Barely.

There is no way to get max athletics unless you use glitches. Like berserk, or "Farming xp with swimming" or you use mods.

I understand it wasnt a priority, but still this need fix.

Just to clarify some ridiculous posts I keep seeing about Athletics. No, you don't get XP for "training" or whatever the fuck some people are justifying it's insanely slow progression with. You get Athletics XP ticks when your stamina regenerates from being depleted and it requires a specific amount before it awards the XP.

Anyway, yeah all they did was bump the number from 20xp to 75xp. It's better but it's still insanely low compared to literally every other skill in the game.

Maybe it's me, but I think they increased a little bit the "required" depleted stamina to earning xp.
Because I will end my 1.6 playthrough with significantly more Athletics than my previous in 1.52 (before, I had a hard time to reach the level 4 or 5, but I'm currently almost at level 10). I even earn xp due to the Relic malfunction which consume stamina... (don't remember if it was the case before).

Hi,

Thanks!
use this and set the value for athletics (or whatever skill you want).

Last edited:
Top Bottom