Still not possible to get doppler mutagen?

+

Started new game plus, didn't choose the option to kill him in the 1 contract so missed it, annoying thing is it's the only one I need, is there no other way to get it? I've not played expansions so not sure if it's possible to get one from hos or blood and wine, anyone know? Cheers

I don't know of any other way to get it than to complete that contract. However, I would say that I am very proud that the only decoctions I have never obtained on any play through are the Doppler and Succubus decoctions.

You can fight another doppler in Skellige's Most Wanted (you'll have to aggro the lot first or you'll end up facing just the werewolf).
Not sure if the mutagen will drop though.

I don't know of any other way to get it than to complete that contract. However, I would say that I am very proud that the only decoctions I have never obtained on any play through are the Doppler and Succubus decoctions.

It's strange, I never set out to play a soft-hearted Geralt who always avoided killing whenever possible, but with the Succubi I found it very natural to just let them go. And there were no negative consequences AFAIK, like people continuing to be hurt by the Succubus, as I suspected might be the case. I feel like you'd have to be intentionally roleplaying a bloodthirsty Geralt to kill most of the sentient monsters when given an option. Maybe they tried to make them too sympathetic as "villains", or maybe it's just my perception.

Last edited:
I made sure to get both mutagens for my normal playthrough so in NG+ I can make the decisions I want.

As a completionist and when strictly roleplaying, it's possible or even probable that you would want to save the dopplers, succubi. But then I've always thought that not obtaining the the mutagen as a concequence of this decision and completely acceptable. It also possible to role play a slightly harder nosed witcher and decide to kill them as a punishment for killing or attacking Geralt. This is just another great choice that has consequence.

If you want the mutegens, just kill them.

I don't think CDPR needs to change it.

Last edited:
They don't need to change it but could at least put at least 1 more mutagen there, there no reason why the doppler in skellige most wanted can't drop one

It's irritating the he'll out of me just seeing it there last one on my list, 100 percented like everything then just that sat there

Last edited:
It's irritating the he'll out of me just seeing it there last one on my list, 100 percented like everything then just that sat there

That I agree with.

I've always though buying them from a alchemist (at cost) is a good solution.

It's my own fault, I started new game plus and just assumed they of added a way to get one without forcing me to be evil , well pretty much end game I found out its still the only one in the whole game including both dlc, madness. My own fault I guess

It's my own fault, I started new game plus and just assumed they of added a way to get one without forcing me to be evil , well pretty much end game I found out its still the only one in the whole game including both dlc, madness. My own fault I guess

There are lots of reasons to replay, different decisions, 3 main endings......:happy3:

Yeah I know, its cool. I never replay games as I allways do everything I can 1st playthrough but witcher is a special game so I decided new game plus with both dlc, but I won't do another playthrough, I wish I did replay games like Alot of others do but it's just never the same for me tbh, oh well. Cheers.

Yeah I know, its cool. I never replay games as I allways do everything I can 1st playthrough but witcher is a special game so I decided new game plus with both dlc, but I won't do another playthrough, I wish I did replay games like Alot of others do but it's just never the same for me tbh, oh well. Cheers.

I used to be the same, one playthrough only, and then i got older.

I suggest you don't get rid of the game. I bet you'll replay it at some stage.

Started new game plus, didn't choose the option to kill him in the 1 contract so missed it, annoying thing is it's the only one I need, is there no other way to get it? I've not played expansions so not sure if it's possible to get one from hos or blood and wine, anyone know? Cheers
Hello Leroy, I came across a mod where you'd be able to buy the Doppler and the Succubus Mutagen from a herbalist in Novigrad.

https://www.playground.ru/witcher_3...en_sukkuba_i_doplera-984926#signinModalWindow

This page is in Russian, please translate it so that you'll get a clear picture of what to do :))

P.S: You'll get a second chance in getting the Succubus Mutagen in Skellige Isles on a side quest known as Practicum in Advanced Alchemy.

Hope this helps :)

Top Bottom