Still waiting for my pre-order, apparently it was lost in delivery but somehow they managed to ship me an empty case

+
I pre-ordered a physical edition of the game on PC from Bestbuy cause I wanted a physical copy of the map plus compendium

Last week I was told the game would ship out on Dec 7th, then I received another email saying the first one was wrong and it wouldnt release till Dec10, then I received another email saying my item was delayed but it would arrive Dec14

I received my delivery from bestbuy today, opened the package to find an empty case with no game... yea seriously, empty case without a game... and I know the game is a digital download code, but theres nothing in the package besides an empty case, no papers, no pre-order items, no DLC codes, nothing

I contacted bestbuy and they said they would try to get a replacement to me by Dec23 nearly 2 weeks late, but I cant check the tracking info cause it says it was already delivered lol

I dont care about waiting cause I know the game will be improved after a few patches... but I just dont understand how something so stupid could happen, to actually ship the case separately and forget to ship the game?? Ive never heard of anything like that before in my life

Worst part is I cant even go to a store and grab a copy cause I wont get all the items... should I just refund and wait for a bigger price drop?

Last edited:
I pre-ordered a physical edition of the game on PC from Bestbuy cause I wanted a physical copy of the map plus compendium

Last week I was told the game would ship out on Dec 7th, then I received another email saying the first one was wrong and it wouldnt release till Dec10, then I received another email saying my item was delayed but it would arrive Dec14

I received my delivery from bestbuy today, opened the package to find an empty case with no game... yea seriously, empty case without a game... and I know the game is a digital download code, but theres nothing in the package besides an empty case, no papers, no pre-order items, no DLC codes, nothing

I contacted bestbuy and they said they would try to get a replacement to me by Dec23 nearly 2 weeks late, but I cant check the tracking info cause it says it was already delivered lol

I dont care about waiting cause I know the game will be improved after a few patches... but I just dont understand how something so stupid could happen, to actually ship the case separately and forget to ship the game?? Ive never heard of anything like that before in my life
sounds like a warehouse employee flogged your goodies. happening more often nowadays and so easy depending on the item being posted too.

Gamestop is famous for stealing things from boxes. This is the first time I've seen it from BB though.

Yep, this was no regular mistake... someone with access to packages figured out their content and got greedy with (at least) yours.

It is also extremely likely that this happened in one of the package processing centers of the carrier in question, as they have all the facilities required to secretely open a package and then close it up again looking perfectly new and unopened, or even to just replace the packaging entirely and just put a new shipping label on the new one.

Top Bottom