STLM 2.1 problem, please hep!

+
this issue has to do with how the game handle weather and save files not STLM, STLM does not change the weather at all, it existed way before the game supported mods, but back then you couldnt get a weather stuck situation in a save file ( wich started to happen around 1.10 ~ ), basically if you are stuck in clear weather the game can save that broken cycle in the save file itself

so no matter how much you reload that save file it will always get stuck, unless 1) you travel to somewhere where a script would load a different weather 2) meditate 3) do some questings

also some areas have different values for how much a " clear " weather will last, it might be longer in WO or novigrad, and shorter in Skellige, no reason to freak out or blame a mod for that unless said mod specifically changes those values

First big thank for respond. Second, it would be good to hear that you still work on this mod.

About weather change, if this is not STLM problem but game, then why when I delete STLM folder from mod folder and load the same save file and meditate, weather begin to change. And then again when install the STLM and load same save file and no matter how long I meditate weather gets stuck again. And as I said before I downloaded save file from nexus and tried it there too. Same with White Orchard but when I fast traveled to Velen and Novigrad weather changed in those regions normally with STLM.

And when i save game without mod when it is raining then install mod and load the rainy weather still the weather is clean with STLM. It looks like STLM doesn't allow to rain and only in White Orchard. In other place it rains.

My vanilla experience is that WO is mostly clear in vanilla. In fact, now that I think about i, I never saw anything but clear there.

My vanilla experience is that WO is mostly clear in vanilla. In fact, now that I think about i, I never saw anything but clear there.

Hmmm... But this is not same in my vanilla. For example yesterday when I tried meditate without STLM in first day it began to rain. in second meditate the weather was heavy cloudy. in 3rd clear with different clouds. and this changed randomly. But in STLM weather was only clear and clouds only changed in first meditation. after that everything stuck.

And I searched in youtube many videos and saw there are many many different weather conditions in White Orchard.

I guess it's up to what you call clear. I don't remember Rain in White Orchard either, but I remember loads of clouds.

I guess it's up to what you call clear. I don't remember Rain in White Orchard either, but I remember loads of clouds.

OK. Thank you very much. Weather conditions changes with your modification. It rains now. :) It seems you were right. Deleting csv worked. Now @essenthy can fix this in 2.2 version.

http://puu.sh/mE58y/d0a98bb84b.png

well, the fact that stlm has all the weather template files and Kaer Morhen, White Orchard, Novigrad and Skellige are altered from vanilla, determines that to be a lie...
Lie is strong, maybe an unforseen consequence to removing the fog, and interdependecies on wether/lighning..
The way i think about it, there may be consequence to removing fog to improve view distances, rain adds a lot of it, so less fog make less rain?

STLM does not change the weather at all

well, it does though.

and just looking at the edited .csv's in STLM I can tell why it breaks, and what fucks it up.

If you fuck up formatting, you fuck up the whole thing, maybe you can find the error. But yeah definitely no problem with what you described:

weather stuck situation in a save file ( wich started to happen around 1.10 ~ ), basically if you are stuck in clear weather the game can save that broken cycle in the save file itself

maybe you introduced that to yourself, because of, well fucked up files.

Attachments

• I3SJalT.png
    I3SJalT.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 54
maybe an unforseen consequence to removing the fog, and interdependecies on wether/lighning..
The way i think about it, there may be consequence to removing fog to improve view distances, rain adds a lot of it, so less fog make less rain?

no, those are totally separate

http://puu.sh/mE58y/d0a98bb84b.png

well, the fact that stlm has all the weather template files and Kaer Morhen, White Orchard, Novigrad and Skellige are altered from vanilla, determines that to be a lie...

if peoples payed attention to what i already said countless time ( this is like the 5th time am repeating myself ) or did some investigations as to what those CSVs exactly do..., but no, hey complaining is better !

the only thing i did is add some clouds to the " clear " preset in every zone, wich mean, there should never be a clear blue sky using STLM to begin with , but how can a clear blue sky load even with the mod then ? well ,again, the game has its own CSVs weather that load when traveling from zone to zones or when doing specific stuff

and since 1.10 you can get the weather stuck that way, i explained this, KNG explained, Asmodean explained it, there was even a full thread where we explained that some shit is happening because of the way the game save and load weather and envs since 1.10, buuuuuuuuuuuutt lets just complains !

I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or for real.

Surely, the smiley was a hint ? wasn't it ?

@essenthy : the guy who posted the problem in the first place, acknowledged that my 30s modification of your mod (aka, unpack, remove engine folder, repack), fixed his problem.
I know that you'd rather spend your time on the forums arguing that YOU have the knowledge, and WE don't, instead of studying your own fact ; but clearly, you broke something with your change, as highlighted in the post earlier. You cannot say that you changed "nothing in the weather" and then say "I've told 100 times that I did change that". It's inconsistent.

Fact is, loading a custom weather (like the one you load) from an existing save generally ends up with the game clearing the weather and bring you a fully blue sky (no weather loaded). True enough, if you start meditation (or, wait a long period, for a few weather cycle to pass), you end up recovering from the situation, sort of, but the original problem posted here is STLM, not vanilla.

Lets calm down everybody. The STLM is amazing mod and @essenthy created it. So BIIIIGGGG THANK TO YOU for this work. I am waiting final version of this mod which will be 2.2 as @essenthy said. And again thank you @Nolenthar for solving my problem.

So, moderators can close this thread. My problem was solved :)

if you read the comments on nexus

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...age=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=3210529&pUp=1

you'll see STLM is dead for now, no 2.2 will ever show up as it seems to be.

Top Bottom