Stock market in CP2077

+

Stock market?

• Sure, sound intresting.

• No thanks.

• I don't know yet.

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the 1:41 second trailer, a business man presenting a graph. I looks like some financial graph representing gain/loss on some business or property. I was wondering, maybe it was a stock market graph. I believe CP2020 has a stock market built in it, but I'm not sure about CP2013. I also don't know if it's confirmed or not that Stock Markets are a thing in CP2077. It would be cool to have a feature to invest in the stock market in CP2077. Business is doing well, invest in it and make some extra eddies. Business is doing poorly and you might loose some money, and have to reinvest in another business. Find someone to do your investments, or do it yourself.

354etr.jpg

It's something that should not be in your face, and should let the player decided whether or not they want to use it. No missions, no side quests, just a nice little side feature. Maybe the stock market should change, depending on how you play out a mission or side quest. A 20 second highlight on a news broadcast, or radio announcement about what the market is currently at would be nice as well.

It`s funny i always thought this scene was an interrogation . I don`t know if anyone has a better look at the screen, it is backwards to us .

It's an interesting idea. Just wouldn't want to spread the team too thin considering the massive undertaking before them.

Should be there… Its one of the Roles.

"ICorporates are the Armani-wearing, Machiavellian mega-yuppies you see in the RoboCop films. Being wealthy and persuasive, they can muster favors and resources beyond what most people can even hope.

"Money. Yeah I got money: a new BMW 9 Series and a penthouse flat in the Corporate Zone. All the money ain't worth frack. You play this game for power. The power to get things done; to make big decisions; to affect things. You make a phone call, and the next thing you know, you're telling the president of America that he'd better play it your way, or he's history. That's why you play. That's why I'm with the Company." -- An Unidentified Corporate.

n the old days, they would have called you a yuppie - a hard driven, fast-track MBA on his way up the Corporate ladder. Sure, it's selling your soul to the Company, but lets face it, the Corporations rule the cyberpunk world. They control governments, markets, nations, armies - you name it. You know that whoever controls the Corporations controls everything else. "

From http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Corporate

Damn, I didnt even know Corporations are more powerful than governments. That sounds so fun. Someone saw the future I think.

Inverted Totalitarianism. That's definitely how it works in 2020. It just doesn't seem that is a playable role in 2077.

Guest 4211861

Sounds extremely boring. It was in GTA5 and I still didn't care.

Inverted Totalitarianism. That's definitely how it works in 2020. It just doesn't seem that is a playable role in 2077.

Theres no roles in Cyberpunk 2077 but all roles are in the game in some form or another. I bet the main character is gonna get a glimpse of them while playing the main story line. Should be one hell of a story if all those roles are included in the main story, theres lots of cool stuff like Corporates, Media, Techies, Cops, Nomads etc.

Gonna be fun to see if they went with Rockerboys, modern world's badboys are Rappers, but Cyberpunk's Rockers. I would prefer Rockers but it isnt probably best choice marketting wise.

Last edited:
I thought it was about media in Night City and it was a journalist, but maybe you're right..
Would be cool if their is a stock market in the game, where you can invest and earn money. Night City after all, is the paroxysm of what capitalism can do.
Money currency, stock market shares..

Sounds extremely boring. It was in GTA5 and I still didn't care.
It was done terribly in GTA V. You have one company with major losses and one with major gains in each of the few assassination missions with Lester and after that it's irrelevant again.
If there was a market you could continually influence (e.g. constantly terrorizing the Militech corp. or take out key figures of the company, their stocks take a hit) or some sort of a simulated stock market, it'd be a little more interesting.

Personally I'd be glad to have it in the game...however I wouldn't be devastated if it weren't there.

You can bet your ass I'm going to kill every megacorp executive I find. Just go ham and watch the stocks for said corporations drop in freefall like Marry Poppins but without an Umbrella.

Theres no roles in Cyberpunk 2077 but all roles are in the game in some form or another. I bet the main character is gonna get a glimpse of them while playing the main story line. Should be one hell of a story if all those roles are included in the main story, theres lots of cool stuff like Corporates, Media, Techies, Cops, Nomads etc.

Sorry, I should have chosen my words more carefully. I know 2077 isn't using a class based "Roles" system like 2020. I'm just wondering how diverse the other options will end up being and how supported those will be on the quest/job/contract side. The version of V that we've seen *so far* seems to be more SOLO oriented (which makes sense for an initial gameplay reveal).

While I'd love to see the player be able to pursue Rocker, Cop, Corp, Nomad, Journo (etc) type paths through the game, that's a tremendous amount of work for the team.

I really enjoyed the marketing / management stuff in the Yakuza games, they were pretty entertaining and fun, but apart from that I'm a noob to stock market and I don't know what would be the pros and cons of it in CP77.

While I'd love to see the player be able to pursue Rocker, Cop, Corp, Nomad, Journo (etc) type paths through the game, that's a tremendous amount of work for the team.

Did you know this is much bigger than Witcher 3? I would almost bet we are getting a glimpse of every role during that, or did they pull everything from their arses, it would make more sense to me, if the story included stuff lke Roles, Districts etc, maybe some devs own story line, but the main filler is the Cyberpunk. Including Corp stuff what OP is asking, that could be Media/Journal stuff too though.

Last edited:
It was done terribly in GTA V. You have one company with major losses and one with major gains in each of the few assassination missions with Lester and after that it's irrelevant again.
If there was a market you could continually influence (e.g. constantly terrorizing the Militech corp. or take out key figures of the company, their stocks take a hit) or some sort of a simulated stock market, it'd be a little more interesting.

Personally I'd be glad to have it in the game...however I wouldn't be devastated if it weren't there.

Ya, I can definitely agree that the GTA stock market was rushed and not done so well. If CD does confirm it, lets hope that it's influenced by our actions in the main story, side quests and other things you stated.

Did you know this is much bigger than Witcher 3? I would almost bet we are getting a glimpse of every role during that, or did they pull everything from their arses, it would make more sense to me, if the story included stuff lke Roles, Districts etc, maybe some devs own story line, but the main filler is the Cyberpunk. Including Corp stuff what OP is asking, that could be Media/Journal stuff too though.

I have no doubt that we'll encounter the full range of roles as NPCs. And I know that it's within CPDR's *ability* to deliver a game where the player could have access to those options as well. It's just that they are trying to also do a lot of other things at the same time (features/scope) and deliver it all at AAA+ levels of quality and polish. That is a massive undertaking for any developer.

I believe in CDPR. I believe this game will be amazing. And I believe that they will make whatever choices are neccesary to ensure that happens.

Top Bottom