Stock Market

+
Stock Market

What about the stock market in CP 2077?

We already saw stock market datas in the teaser and its a feature in CP 2020. So how should it be 2077?

Stock market could definitely create some very interesting situations. And it's a must for the people who play as a corp.

And like i've always said, if it's in the CP2020, it has to be in the CP77. It is only right.

Apparently you'll be able to buy stock in GTAV. Fitting in both cases but... will it be fun?

Yeah I've also immediately thought of GTA V trailer.

Well since there is a great chance of a corpo class to be avaiable it makes sense even more ... Fuck me its gonna be totally wicked game on sooo many levels... :D

Yeah I've also immediately thought of GTA V trailer.

Well since there is a great chance of a corpo class to be available it makes sense even more ... Fuck me its gonna be totally wicked game on sooo many levels... :D

GTA V is either going to rock, or it will suck big time. In either case, CP77 is going to be way better... :D

You know the 4th corporate war started over a company going under and two rival companies tried to buy all the stock to gain control...

GTA V is either going to rock, or it will suck big time. In either case, CP77 is going to be way better... :D

Well, me I havent even play GTA IV so I'm not some freak fun of a series. Why? Because its quite silly/monotous + has shit story

You know the 4th corporate war started over a company going under and two rival companies tried to buy all the stock to gain control...

Very interesting...

And as I said earlier:

Fuck me its gonna be totally wicked game on sooo many levels... :D

:D

a stock market option actually sounds cool despite how dreary and potentially life shattering it can be lol.

it might be a good way to make moneys for cool upgrades as well, if you just drop a small amount on something that (luckily) does well you could end up rathe rrich and finally be able to buy that bazooka eye implant you always wanted... or that waste paper basket to compliment your useless fax and complete your authentic 90's office if your playing a corp :p

Yeah, see, that's why adding this gameplay mechanic could have some serious story and mission potential. There are so many ways to go creative with this.

If someone has the skill and the patience to work the stock market, maybe even use a little underhand tactics to force a sell off, it could be an awesome game play changer or world modifier, perhaps even for all players not just locally.

I'm thinking something ala Eve where economy and markets can be use to viscous ends - but thats one hell of a big game, and maybe not really the play style of cp2077 i don't know, but i always loved the influence that players had in eve on your own game. Markets always remind me of this, it would be an epic gameplay mechanic if possible.

how did you guys see the implementation (game wise) of this stock market idea for cp2077? am i way off and just dreaming?

If someone has the skill and the patience to work the stock market, maybe even use a little underhand tactics to force a sell off, it could be an awesome game play changer or world modifier, perhaps even for all players not just locally.

I'm thinking something ala Eve where economy and markets can be use to viscous ends - but thats one hell of a big game, and maybe not really the play style of cp2077 i don't know, but i always loved the influence that players had in eve on your own game. Markets always remind me of this, it would be an epic gameplay mechanic if possible.

how did you guys see the implementation (game wise) of this stock market idea for cp2077? am i way off and just dreaming?

I think stock market should be tied to a skill and the players with the corporate background should start with lots of points on that skill. Lets call it inside knowledge. And the things you do in the stock market (big transactions) should effect the world around you.

Hmm!

I wonder if we can pull a William Randolph Hearst, and influence the stock market? Buy shares in a biotech firm that has treatments for the current designer-engineered plague going around... that you introduced to the street. Buy shares in a company that does merchandise for the Night City Rangers, and cause the star quarterback of the opposing team to "suddenly fall ill" before the big game. That kind of thing.

With a good Corp and Netrunner you can certainly use the stock market as a weapon against your corporate enemies. Think Trading Places but more cyberpunk. Destroy your competition and make a fortune while doing it. If this option is included in the game then your character can become very invested in the market and will of course have to defend against the same types of financial attacks that you are planning.

CP2077 is neither EVE Online, nor GTA V. It's not built around economy and as a game focused on telling a story it doesn't need artificial distractions.

Stock market issues can be perfectly dealt with within the story itself and don't need additional game mechanics to be built around it.

CP2077 is neither EVE Online, nor GTA V. It's not built around economy and as a game focused on telling a story it doesn't need artificial distractions.

Stock market issues can be perfectly dealt with within the story itself and don't need additional game mechanics to be built around it.

So you don't feel that using the economy as a weapon would be reasonable? I agree that 2077 isn't going to be EVE, but if it is going to be an open ended game, then why not allow us to attack certain corporations in order to drive down their stock and buy them up when they become cheap? I disagree that Cyberpunk isn't built around the economy. How can you say that when the most powerful entities in the game world are corporations? The most devastating wars were all instigated over economical assets.

A stock market doesn't have to be a focal point, but it wouldn't detract in any way from the story. Saying that stock market issues can be dealt with within the story alone implies that the game will be linear. CDPR said that wont be the case. Why not allow players to manipulate the market and instigate their own branches of the story?

well we simply don't know what shape cp2077 will take as a game, and although we can surmise that it probably won't be an mmo or a sandbox aimless type game but we never know what will happen and perhaps it will have elements of both those game types along with a strong story driven rpg style, hell why not? it sounds awesome to me.

i leave my mind open to a fluctuating marketplace that will impac tthe world either by your doing or another players and these may or may not directly impact on your own personal game - i love depth like that, but i dont' really want to be stuck in an mmo to experience it.

well we simply don't know what shape cp2077 will take as a game, and although we can surmise that it probably won't be an mmo or a sandbox aimless type game but we never know what will happen and perhaps it will have elements of both those game types along with a strong story driven rpg style, hell why not? it sounds awesome to me.

i leave my mind open to a fluctuating marketplace that will impac tthe world either by your doing or another players and these may or may not directly impact on your own personal game - i love depth like that, but i dont' really want to be stuck in an mmo to experience it.

CDPR have stated many times that 2077 will be an Open-ended sandbox with a non-linear story. That sounds like a fairly solid 'game shape' to me.

Top Bottom