Stock trading?

+
I noticed in one of the videos (can't remember which and can't find it, but maybe someone can?) that there are what appears to be stock numbers showing as part of V's UI in the lower right corner. With like the classic "MIL (arrow up) and then a number." Did anyone notice them?

So was wondering if stock trading is possible or something, as it seems like a very strange thing to have as part of the UI, if it doesn't have any use :) But it can of course be part of a mission or something.

I do a bit of trading IRL. If its a thing in the game I will try it out and see how it works out.

Maybe if you are doing a mission against a company and you can bet against that company. If you succeed then you can profit. If you fail then youll lose money.

I dont think they will actually include an interactive stock market. I think the thing you are refering to will be just a cosmetic thing for getting into the "corpo" immersion.

Also im sure there was like, 2 or 3 threads on this already...

It's just a fancy hud useless décoration that's here when you start as a corpo, I doubt you'll be able to trade stock in game.

Lifepath aren't "class" as in fantasy RPG, they are Rôles... Kinda.
It just tells the game what kind of ground you come from, rich, outsider or scum from the street, but beyond that we'll ALL be some kind of edgy bum looking for a job.

If you choose a Corpo you'll just be a Corpo for the begining of the game, then you'll end in the street with nothing, just like anybody else.

That's the point of the game, being broke and making your way out of the gutter.
Having access to too much money and power such a those of a corporation would be pretty unlikely (also, working for a corporation is far from being a good place for various reasons, usualy you don't get fired... More "erased", for various security reasons...

Maybe for the multiplayer, when the game play will likely be more money driven. I can't see how a stock trading system would fit into the story and also make sense. Maybe there will be gambling, but I think we'll just have to grind for our money the old fashioned way.

Guest 4211861

I'm sensing the next spin-off, after Gwent, Thronebreaker and that mobile game.

Cyberstocks

I do a bit of trading IRL. If its a thing in the game I will try it out and see how it works out.

Maybe if you are doing a mission against a company and you can bet against that company. If you succeed then you can profit. If you fail then youll lose money.
I think it would be a cool side feature :)

I wouldn't stocks are illegal some places
Is ... is that a joke?

As for the OP, I doubt it since it kinda seems out of place but then again, it would not be the first time, even in a AAA game (e.g. GTAV, barebones as it was), so who knows for sure?

Top Bottom