Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

+
Monsters aren't that weak. Tbh I think they are one of the strongest factions currently. After the buff they are more than playable.

The funny thing is I'm running a custom monster deck that performs pretty good, though I got shafted by luck of the draw sometimes which happens, however all the buffs to monster do nothing for my deck but a bunch of the nerfs do.

Nilfgaard decks are really annoying

I just started to play a few days ago. When I see a Nilfgaard deck come up I simply end the match right there. They are no fun to go against and they are quite frankly to powerful compared to other decks. Its game breaking. I may be just one person who thinks this, or it may be epidemic. I do not know and cannot create a post on the general discussion to see what others think. It would be a good thing to review. I know that Nilfgaard decks seem to come up all to frequently compared to other decks from my observation.

I liked the game so well that I bought the 60 keg package, I can guarantee that if the Nilfgaard stay as they are I wont be buying anything else, and will likely quit the game all together. I this somethign that CD Projekt Red should be aware off.

Yeah they're aware of it and making some changes in the upcoming patch Monday, for example Imperial Golem will now be 2 strength instead of 3

Just as Plark said but also, this is not the first time the game has some issue with the balance (which makes complete sense, not only they made major change on the core system of the game and how decks play out, but also the game is still in BETA and balancing a video game, especially a card game is extremely difficult) but CDPR has always been very reactive about fixing the difficulty players encounters.

When you find something unbalanced and feel like it's discouraging, just make them know on the forum, just like you did, and they will do something for you, surely.

It still is beta so there will be probably a lot of changes but let's hope they will keep doing that after official release too.
It is essential to pass the good ideas to CDPR because it is different experience between player and developer.
I dont want to make you sad but first patch notes about NG released last week are laughable like Tibor nerfed by 2 strength. They will still be op and will have each tool in game which is the biggest problem in Gwent right now (NG not having any disadvantages). I feel that to balance game more they should take some value cards from NG to implement any weakness into this fraction and buff cards of decks which are not very good like Ambush ST.
Monday is next stream so maybe something will change more.

25 str from 1 card ? You know what card. I wonder who was stupid enough to make that card and who was even more stupid to allow it into the game.

Iuliandrei;n8656850 said:
There are more counters than ever to rot tosser now, the big one being Bloodcurdling Roar which is a neutral.
But now most units are agile, they can move, even NR has that weird medic ability which is more or less a 4 STR Vilgefortz.

The thing I think you failed to realize (before posting) is that a deck can't be built around countering one other deck. It needs to be versatile enough to handle itself against all kinds of decks. In a way, playing Rot Tosser 5 times, is abusing the system. It's just like the weather issue. The other thing too is you can only carry 3 Roars even if a deck found a way to work with that.

As for the OP.. I do agree Nilfgaard is a bit powerful however it's not the worse offender. Weather decks or the current Queensguard decks are way stronger. That damn boat can't be countered because of the ability to remove locks from a revive.

Dreatlan;n8856200 said:
The thing I think you failed to realize (before posting) is that a deck can't be built around countering one other deck. It needs to be versatile enough to handle itself against all kinds of decks. In a way, playing Rot Tosser 5 times, is abusing the system. It's just like the weather issue. The other thing too is you can only carry 3 Roars even if a deck found a way to work with that.

As for the OP.. I do agree Nilfgaard is a bit powerful however it's not the worse offender. Weather decks or the current Queensguard decks are way stronger. That damn boat can't be countered because of the ability to remove locks from a revive.

Wut?
current QG lists are at most t2, barely existent in higher ranks.

Weather monsters, tempo calveit, strength SK, are the decks you see more often.

all 3 are more or less equally represented.

Just stop playing. This basically the conclusion of all online competitive games that exist. Honestly I just concede the second NG gets annoying, like who cares? That's what it's there for.

Last edited:
Every single time I come up against a NG deck I go for card adv and then when he tries to play his 25+, I shackle it with my last card just before my ventre kills it.

The tears are amazingly savory and scrumptious as I sent an emote saying "observe a master in action"

God_of_Eredin;n8858160 said:
Every single time I come up against a NG deck I go for card adv and then when he tries to play his 25+, I shackle it with my last card just before my ventre kills it.

The tears are amazingly savory and scrumptious as I sent an emote saying "observe a master in action"

You tend to brag a lot about video games.

Xantaro;n8856110 said:
25 str from 1 card ? You know what card. I wonder who was stupid enough to make that card and who was even more stupid to allow it into the game.
Kayran is pretty much the same if not better then Tibor (You lose a card instead of giving your opponent 1) as he Consumes as well. Only time Tibor is vastly superior is if they fail to draw a Bronze card.

Dreatlan;n8856200 said:

I don't think you know what you're talking about. That versatility means you have some tools to handle all kind of threats and rot tosser is one of them. Also nobody plays 5 Rot tosser in a game, there is no abuse. In order to play 5 rot tosser you need to play Emhyr which nobody does, so is Emhyr destroying the ladder right now or you're just using some extreme examples and shooting yourself in the foot? That's no way to make a credible argument.

The power of Nilfgaar doesn't come from rot tosser, after this patch the only reason people to still play this card is to stagger your brigades, because it RARELY kills anything, and even if it does it's still a loss. You don't need 3 bloodcurling roars in your deck, if you managed to pull 1 off and your opponent throws another at you which kills a 5 strength YOU ARE STILL WINNING.

I'dd take NG over Monster weather any day, i have my own NG deck which focuses on deck thin/resilience though. I honestly can't complain towards NG since i don't play enough against them. Or anything else for that matter since eveyone loves that weather.

Top Bottom