Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

+
Okay, there's a big difference between critiquing a faction, and insulting the people who play it. Complaining about NG's cards and combos is one thing, but I've seen a few comments ranting about how NG players are "abusers" or "bad players" or "lazy netdeckers", and so on, which isn't benefiting the discussion, or helping the situation, in any way.

I'd like to think that, as a community, we can do better than that. Especially given that we're now in public beta, with an influx of new players coming to the game and the forum. Every new patch brings a new meta, and thus, new things to complain about - Weather Monsters, Henselt Promote, Brouver Ambush, and so on. Personally, I started with Nilfgaard for public beta simply because it was the least changed faction, I'd gotten a few NG silvers and golds from reward kegs, and I was therefore able to easily rebuild the NG deck I'd used in closed beta. I started with what I knew, and expanded from there.

Nilfgaard is pretty balanced right now. I have had a lot of close wins & close losses which says to me that its balanced aka a couple of points difference.

Nilfgaard can start a combo of more than 5 cards if they set it up right spamming Vicovaro Medic, Ambassadors, Emmissaries and Vicovaro Novices over and over again until all of their deck is on the field. With Emhyr they can also double play Aukles who can lock 4 units of your choice, and if you have Decoy that's 6 locked units.

Rot Tossers were always fine. Not too much trouble. But there are way too many cards that let you cycle through your deck and have a perfect play.
Not saying that it's impossible to win though.

Auckes should definitely go back to being a single target lock like he used to be. A double lock is just too much even with a low strength. Other than that though, I don't really know if it needs any massive changes. Maybe a few tweaks. Cynthia and Guardian could probably have a few points shaved off their base strength and Tibor is a little much now that the power curve for golds seems to have fallen a bit. As for the rest of the faction though, I think it's not really disproportionate to the other factions. Granted, Nilfgaard is very strong in the early game. It can create huge tempo quickly with Golems, and by chaining Emissary to multiple Vicovaro Novices. But like many swarm decks, that leaves it quite vulnerable to mass removal, whole row targeting effects, and especially weather. It's also not super hard to draw out their one big swing, pass, and then win the next two rounds.

Wild hunt monsters destroy NG spies. Lacerate achieves massive value against NG. ST Saskia+Roach+dorfs achives ridiculous tempo with carryover. SK with carryover of wolf and olgierd and 20+ str hunters in GY. If you have problems with rot tossers the best tech against it is bloodcurdling roar -> turn their cow carcass into 12 str bear. NG is just as competetive as other factions now and finally not as bad as CB nilfgaard.

I, for one, was a Scoia'tael player in the closed beta but the way CDPR changed this faction didn't suit my playstyle anymore. So I chose my second favorite one and it happens to be Nilfgaard. Now, I do recognize this faction has some of the best units in the game and I think it comes from the fact they arrived last. They got all the attention the first factions didn't have and maybe the studio has put to much love into them.

Some cards are over the top, especially Cahir, Eggerbracht or Bonhart, which are straight far better than most other golds in the game. Cahir shouldn't have the ability to replay the leader's power and Tibor should have a +10 not a +15. Those are examples of course but I am sure that with time, CDPR will balance them properly. We are in open beta after all.

I like how everyone defending NG just completely ignores zhiphius's first post. Like "you can't even explain why NG is OP, oh what's that, someone's actually explained that, nah, never seen it".

Abusing of OP cards and decks is not something that will EVER stop. EVER.
There are always more people interested in winning than playing.
You'd have a better chance asking for a snow storm in mid-summer.

zecenker;n8666090 said:
Abusing of OP cards and decks is not something that will EVER stop. EVER.
There are always more people interested in winning than playing.
You'd have a better chance asking for a snow storm in mid-summer.

It doesn't seem to be working out very well for them. I'm ranked top 10 in the world and I'm not even past level 10, and I'm not even using NG because my time is spent owning the meta novices that try to play it. I'd start streaming, but the last thing I need is every kid and their mother with their eyes glued to the screen wondering what card I may play next. It's so cringe. Can't we just get some competition that doesn't try to abuse OP cards only to fail miserably?

God_of_Eredin;n8661590 said:
NG is garbage against my me, even with the best cards and a veteran player, it's trash. Earlier today I played my weakest SK deck against a level 10 that was streaming and I mulligan for THREE savage bears just to prove it. The tears of my opponent were delicious while I had 3 bears out, watching them struggling on what card to play as they wiped the tears in fear. Then right after they take out 2 bears, I just bring out Rag Nar Roog to rub in it. They bring their crap NG out and I've already used Bran on 3 queens guard. I use Hjalmar and then just decoy it to use it again. They bring out more trash and I just mad man lugos it. The NR mainstream loser streamer passes in embarrassing fashion.

I bring out 3 queens guards, then a bear, then Hjalmar. That puts me at 55 and I watch them struggle, wasting all their cards until I"m up 2 going into the final round.

I bring out my queens guards again, followed by a gremist good for a 12 str bear, and res a clan craite warrior for 10.

The guy rages right on his stream and probably ran off to return his xb1 back to game stop. I'm sure this neckbeard will make a lovely addition to their local comic card shop while they sit there playing MTG on saturday nights with other people of social anxiety while the rest of us go out and live a healthy, normal life.

And all because they thought they were boss for spending $$$$ on a NG deck playing noobs until they got to level 9-10. Oh well, gotta put my phone away. Movie is about to start. Tired of owning these NG noobs.

It's funny that you're aggressively criticizing people who play NG, and in the same post proudly describe how you use RNR to teach them a lesson not to abuse "broken " cards =D the irony in that is delicious xD

How do you manage to bounce hjalmar, btw? Special decoy you have, or did you actually go to the trouble of demoting him? XD

Anyway, there are clearly a few NG cards that will get nerfed soon. But if I can give a GG to a player who steals a lost game from me with a single RNR to which I happen to have no answer even with double the cards he has in hand, and more power on the table than him, then yeah, I think you should be able to understand as well that using cards the game allows you to, for as long as it does, is not cheating or dishonest. You may not find it fun, in which case you can just forfeit the match and go on to the next one, which is what I do now when I see an OP gold weather card being cast and I have no answer. Or, alternatively, if you care so much about winning, then just play whatever you think will net you the win.

God_of_Eredin;n8669440 said:
It doesn't seem to be working out very well for them....Can't we just get some competition that doesn't try to abuse OP cards only to fail miserably?

I am sure there is proper competition out there with decent gaming in mind and the capability to do so.

Just that there won't ever be a shortage of incompetent gold-digging abusers.

In fact wait a little till more people acquire more of the powerful cards and more of the cards and their more "useful" combos.

During CB there were regular mass exoduses from one faction to another as each became more advantageous because of tweaks in the game. :mad::mad::D:D One day you would be playing nothing but monsters, next week it would be SK.

Just keep owning them, I guess. :)

Yes, but You dont need all 800gold cards. There is max 2 cards per faction You really need. Rest is cheap.

Skryba86;n8669530 said:
It's funny that you're aggressively criticizing people who play NG, and in the same post proudly describe how you use RNR to teach them a lesson not to abuse "broken " cards =D the irony in that is delicious xD

How do you manage to bounce hjalmar, btw? Special decoy you have, or did you actually go to the trouble of demoting him? XD

Anyway, there are clearly a few NG cards that will get nerfed soon. But if I can give a GG to a player who steals a lost game from me with a single RNR to which I happen to have no answer even with double the cards he has in hand, and more power on the table than him, then yeah, I think you should be able to understand as well that using cards the game allows you to, for as long as it does, is not cheating or dishonest. You may not find it fun, in which case you can just forfeit the match and go on to the next one, which is what I do now when I see an OP gold weather card being cast and I have no answer. Or, alternatively, if you care so much about winning, then just play whatever you think will net you the win.

I just played someone that used RNR on me in round 2. He had 4 cards left and quit out. He knew what was coming. So your claiming RNR is broken when I've got people quitting early against me early WHILE they have the card in play? Interesting. Maybe the card is over powered for people that don't know how to use a first light on it maybe?

Anyways, if the nerds who watched their favorite streamer do good with NG against some noobs want to copy said streamer and "abuse" NG let them. I really hope they keep doing it because I just keep countering it. Makes it easier for me, and while the tears that roll down their cheeks are rather tasty, it's their own personal problem to overcome. It certainly hasn't stopped me from currently being ranked top 10 in the world. As MMR increases I'm sure I'll drop out of top 10 (can't keep up with no lifers), but for the timing being this is rather fun.

People are really whining about NG??? NG has always been shit and now it got an upgrade, people whine? I've always play NG and I'm quite happy CDPR showed some love to that faction. That being said, yes NG has very strong single cards but has way less synergies than other factions so in the end it's not that easy to play.
When I read the unending list of what NG can do, I'd like to remember you guys that one can play only 1 hero and 25-30 cards so it's up to you to identify if you are facing spy or reveal decks and adapt to it (little tips for the dummies: if you see a reveal card, it's very unlikely that your opponent play carcass toss). If you meet so many NG decks, then adapt yours with some tech card that you can still play usefully in other match up. This are the basics of a CCG

God_of_Eredin;n8670900 said:
I just played someone that used RNR on me in round 2. He had 4 cards left and quit out. He knew what was coming. So your claiming RNR is broken when I've got people quitting early against me early WHILE they have the card in play? Interesting. Maybe the card is over powered for people that don't know how to use a first light on it maybe?

Anyways, if the nerds who watched their favorite streamer do good with NG against some noobs want to copy said streamer and "abuse" NG let them. I really hope they keep doing it because I just keep countering it. Makes it easier for me, and while the tears that roll down their cheeks are rather tasty, it's their own personal problem to overcome. It certainly hasn't stopped me from currently being ranked top 10 in the world. As MMR increases I'm sure I'll drop out of top 10 (can't keep up with no lifers), but for the timing being this is rather fun.

Hahahah Yeah, you really gotta know how to use first light, it's not easy! =D you need to have it in hand and then you even need to cast it and on top of that, select the right option between the two that come up. It's really a 50/50 then, if you have no brain. Pure dumb luck, I say. The easy part is always having it saved up in your hand when RNR comes a' callin'.

If how well people play or how early they quit against me dictated how strong or weak a card would be, goddamn would this game be full of lousy cards some days of the week. Luckily, that ain't so, am I right?

Congrats on your top 10 ranking, man! Quite a feat! I'd read you say so in one or more other topics, too. It's nice you spread the word.

As for the topic, well, NG having been the bottom tier during most of CB doesn't mean it should be overturned and be OP now. And I definitely think there are a few cards in the faction that should get rebalanced somewhat. Don't think the faction is broken though, just really strong right now. But I also don't think monsters is weak either, much less that consume is dead, contrary to what I read a lot of people say. I think it's really far too early to say, with the exception of a couple clearly OP cards out there.

Thanatos35;n8671240 said:
yes NG has very strong single cards but has way less synergies than other factions so in the end it's not that easy to play
Is this a joke? NG has probably the most powerful combos in the game.

lol its not even a week into the meta. Unless they spent 500-1000 bucks on the game, no one even has a full collection of cards.

How about we relax, play the game, and come back with our analysis of card balance when everyone actually has had some time to experiment with all the cards and combos and the meta is a little less tenuous?

NG isn`t that OP, there are many counters to it. Also, remember, this is a card game, where luck is always an important factor. You can`t have every counter to every deck in your deck. And you don`t always have the right card at the right time. A good queensguard deck (for example) overrolls a NG deck any day.

Nilfgard + Tibor is broken.

In ranked 90% of the matches are vs NG... they make you draw all your deck and then renew Tibor for 25 points and you get NOTHING out of it. It's been a week and im already feeling like i dont wanna play till this is patched. CDPR went crazy with the buffs, the factions has it all now. Double lock Silver that is pretty much Radovid and that is insane, a way to kill all copies of your bronze cards. Medics that are bronze and almost as good as Caretaker that is a Gold. A silver that works resets stats and makes you lose points with an insane versatility, double leader effect and they get to play all their deck wich makes it so that they are never unlucky with their hand. Crazy leader Tempo with the Golems...

Top Bottom