Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

+
shroudb;n8763180 said:
Not really, just a buff on NR and a slight touch up on SOME of MO cards is enough to bring all 5 factions on similar power levels.

I highly disagree. NG has so many giant advantages right now. As a faction they are just so much more well rounded than any other faction. Without nerfs to NG the other factions will need a lot of buffs. For example if NG gets to keep Auckes then basically all factions need a silver double lock.

Well i really hate that if you use vicovaro novice on ambassador you get 2 extra points so 12 instead of 10, people keep abusing it man.

nilfgard is definatly strong, but there are other decks that are also strong and nilfgard is not unbeatable. you are already unhappy with the game you might want to consider leaving it because ther is no way that CD projekt red isn't making a bigger balancing mistake. In my opinion NG is strong, but the game is still well balanced.

StrykerxS77x;n8767940 said:
I highly disagree. NG has so many giant advantages right now. As a faction they are just so much more well rounded than any other faction. Without nerfs to NG the other factions will need a lot of buffs. For example if NG gets to keep Auckes then basically all factions need a silver double lock.

that's just your opinion dude.

all factions except NR are ppresent in the top of the ladder, so I don't know what more you need to realize that NG is not that far ahead of the other factions. If anything, SK is ahead.

it's just htat NG has a better starting deck, and people can more easily (cheaper) make a good NG deck instead of a good SK deck.

And the people who know how to pilot (non consume) MO are on the top of the ladder as well

SC has 2 viable top tier decks as well, again present in the top of the ladder.

so no, " NG broken wah wah wah" is just wrong

shroudb;n8771780 said:
that's just your opinion dude.

That's obvious. As is the masses of posts claiming that NG is much more well rounded than the other factions.

shroudb;n8771780 said:
so no, " NG broken wah wah wah" is just wrong

I didn't say broken. I think your claim that NG needs no nerfs while only NR and monsters need some buffs is way off. If they do no nerfs on NG then all other factions will need help of some kind, whether a little or a lot.

StrykerxS77x;n8771870 said:
That's obvious. As is the masses of posts claiming that NG is much more well rounded than the other factions.

I didn't say broken. I think your claim that NG needs no nerfs while only NR and monsters need some buffs is way off. If they do no nerfs on NG then all other factions will need help of some kind, whether a little or a lot.

I disagree to the "a lot of buffs" mostly.

SK and SC especially are quite comparable to NG.

MO need some buffs to some of their archetypes (consume mostly) and NR need some buffs to everything that's not reaver related

btw, a point here and there (like tibor going from 25 to 24, or axeman going from 2 to 3 as an example) are ofc things that i don't consider worthy enough to warrant a mention, "tweaks" WILL happen

shroudb;n8771910 said:
I disagree to the "a lot of buffs" mostly.

SK and SC especially are quite comparable to NG.

MO need some buffs to some of their archetypes (consume mostly) and NR need some buffs to everything that's not reaver related

btw, a point here and there (like tibor going from 25 to 24, or axeman going from 2 to 3 as an example) are ofc things that i don't consider worthy enough to warrant a mention, "tweaks" WILL happen

Of course MO and NR need the most help. Other factions can compete with NG but it does bother me that NG has this insane tool box to make decks with while other factions don't have near as many interesting and versatile cards. What is comparable to rot tosser? a bronze card that can resurrect from your enemies grave yard? double lock? sending your enemies cards in their deck directly to the grave yard? The quality of NG silver and gold cards is just as a whole so much better than the other factions.

StrykerxS77x;n8772130 said:
Of course MO and NR need the most help. Other factions can compete with NG but it does bother me that NG has this insane tool box to make decks with while other factions don't have near as many interesting and versatile cards. What is comparable to rot tosser? a bronze card that can resurrect from your enemies grave yard? double lock? sending your enemies cards in their deck directly to the grave yard? The quality of NG silver and gold cards is just as a whole so much better than the other factions.

margarita is a better lock than auckes usually
sigdrifa is an amazing thing unique to SK
freyas are insane late game value, more than rot tossers usually
moving creatures to whereer you please (both MO and SC can do that) is godsent, something that NG can't do at all
weather weather weather
etc

each faction has it's unique "OP" stuff

as for NG having a big toolbox, that's exactly what they have. You mention Sweers, an extremely situational card that's mostly cut, if you nerf him he would simply not be run. A big toolbox, when you are limited to 6silvers/4golds doesn't mean that it's OP because in the end you'll only be running 6/4 out of those, if you nerf some "for balance" you'll just make some cards useless and not run at all, people will just pick something OTHER out of the toolbox. And of cyou can't nerf everything, because then you'll just have old NG (garbage tier)

I'll use SK as an example again (since SK is basically my favorite faction):
look at sigdrifa, look at decoy, and then look at Restore. Restore is SHIT, it's probably one of the 3 worst silvers in the entire game atm. The goal should be to buff Restore so as to compete with sigdrifa for that silver slot, similary to how Sweers competes with the guardian or with Assahid, or whatever other silver you run in your NG list.

edit:
what i'm trying to say more simply is that:
EVERY faction (yes, including NR) has some really strong stuff. That's the stuff that's currently run in their competitive lists. If you nerf NG "because it has too much good stuff" then you'll also need to nerf every other good card from the other factions as well, because at their top capacity, 4 out of 5 of the factions are more or less the same.

where NG differs, is that it has MORE stuff (not BETTER). And that's a good thing. It's a good thing to have multiple competitive cards and decks, because if you don't we'll end up with 1 deck/faction being playable.

So, since on the top end level factions are mostly balanced, then it's the lower end that needs to rise, bringing more decks on the same level, as opposed to nerfing EVERY faction down to bad tier

Last edited:
shroudb;n8772280 said:
margarita is a better lock than auckes usually
sigdrifa is an amazing thing unique to SK
freyas are insane late game value, more than rot tossers usually
moving creatures to whereer you please (both MO and SC can do that) is godsent, something that NG can't do at all
weather weather weather
etc

each faction has it's unique "OP" stuff

as for NG having a big toolbox, that's exactly what they have. You mention Sweers, an extremely situational card that's mostly cut, if you nerf him he would simply not be run. A big toolbox, when you are limited to 6silvers/4golds doesn't mean that it's OP because in the end you'll only be running 6/4 out of those, if you nerf some "for balance" you'll just make some cards useless and not run at all, people will just pick something OTHER out of the toolbox. And of cyou can't nerf everything, because then you'll just have old NG (garbage tier)

I'll use SK as an example again (since SK is basically my favorite faction):
look at sigdrifa, look at decoy, and then look at Restore. Restore is SHIT, it's probably one of the 3 worst silvers in the entire game atm. The goal should be to buff Restore so as to compete with sigdrifa for that silver slot, similary to how Sweers competes with the guardian or with Assahid, or whatever other silver you run in your NG list.

edit:
what i'm trying to say more simply is that:
EVERY faction (yes, including NR) has some really strong stuff. That's the stuff that's currently run in their competitive lists. If you nerf NG "because it has too much good stuff" then you'll also need to nerf every other good card from the other factions as well, because at their top capacity, 4 out of 5 of the factions are more or less the same.

where NG differs, is that it has MORE stuff (not BETTER). And that's a good thing. It's a good thing to have multiple competitive cards and decks, because if you don't we'll end up with 1 deck/faction being playable.

So, since on the top end level factions are mostly balanced, then it's the lower end that needs to rise, bringing more decks on the same level, as opposed to nerfing EVERY faction down to bad tier

I wouldn't compare moving units on the board to messing with cards in someone's hand, deck, and graveyard which NG can do all of. I don't care if cards like Sweers are completely changed but the way they are now are just unfun, ridiculous, and contribute to the insane tool box that NG has over the other factions. NR is complete shit compared to NG. They have like one silver that's strong off the top of my head. I am not disagreeing with you that other factions should be buffed but I am absolutely sure the devs are going to nerf some of NG's over powered cards. NG has more stuff but some of it is also straight up better. There are other strong lock cards in the game but it annoys me that NG has a double. I do not think that should exist and IMO it's better than even the very strong margarita. Some factions are strong like SC but they still need to be expanded and helped. For example Mulligan is not good right now and needs help or more cards to complete it. I haven't played the SC all spells build yet but it seems like that shouldn't even exist. Not sure how the devs are going to look at that one.

Oh yeah. Why in the world does NG not only have the silver double lock card but they ALSO have the other silver that works like Margarita in wiping the card back to base value? Did they seriously need both?

StrykerxS77x;n8772930 said:
... For example Mulligan is not good right now and needs help or more cards to complete it...

Oh yeah? Welcome to round 3 than and take this 26, 28 and 30 cards. Or the forever resilient and buffed to oblivion dwarfs. Or the insanely forever spamming Reaver Hunters with their ridiculous buffing, which can occur in every single round.

Every faction has it's exploits and need-to-tweak stuff. As someone above said - if you nerf something you'll need to nerf something from some other faction in exchange. Cause no one has an insurance from bad hands

partci;n8774810 said:
Oh yeah? Welcome to round 3 than and take this 26, 28 and 30 cards. Or the forever resilient and buffed to oblivion dwarfs. Or the insanely forever spamming Reaver Hunters with their ridiculous buffing, which can occur in every single round.

Every faction has it's exploits and need-to-tweak stuff. As someone above said - if you nerf something you'll need to nerf something from some other faction in exchange. Cause no one has an insurance from bad hands

Mulligan is not good. The cards that get buffed from the mulligans aren't nearly enough to make it good. NG has superior cards/abilities and is much more well rounded than the other factions. Imagine how difficult it would be to make NG a bad faction? They almost don't have a bad card in the entire faction. NR on the other hand would be useless without reaver hunters.

StrykerxS77x;n8778070 said:
Mulligan is not good. The cards that get buffed from the mulligans aren't nearly enough to make it good. NG has superior cards/abilities and is much more well rounded than the other factions. Imagine how difficult it would be to make NG a bad faction? They almost don't have a bad card in the entire faction. NR on the other hand would be useless without reaver hunters.

you do understand that's the whole point we're making right?

I'll use your examples:
mulligan and reavers.

Mulligan is indeed lacking, mainly because no silver/gold supports the archetype, just bronzes. But Dorfs and Spell control is top tier.
Reavers are indeed good (bordering top tier), but machines and 3/3/3/3/3/3/ are indeed lacking.

Now, we go with the "nerf NG" faction.
We nerf them to the point of mulligan, or machines. That makes weather monster, Dorfs, SC spellcontrol, QG, Morkavrg, and reavers all better than NG

and we're back into square 1.

The decks i listed, for their specific factions, are all top tier atm. All represented in the top of the ladder.

If you nerf NG, which each NG deck is about the same level as those decks, then you also need to nerf ALL those decks.

Then the solution is simple:
You buff machines, you buff consume, you buff selfwounding SK and you buff mulligan.

Simply put, the top decks atm are:
NG spy
SC spellcontrol
SC dorfs
MO weather
SK Mork
SK QG

the ok decks atm are:
NR reavers
NG reveal
NG control
MO wild hunt

The bad decks atm are:
SC mulligan
MO consume
NR machines
NR 333
SK selfwounding
SK axemen

If you nerf NG spies, you simultaneously nerf NG control, since that too uses a lot of the same cards. But more importantly, you leave another 5 decks all better than anything that NG can muster, without really helping NR at all.

If on the other hand you buff the weaker archetypes, those i listed on the "bad" column, then all factions get top tier and average tier decks.

Thing is, each NG deck, individually, isn't "stronger" than the rest of the top, it's just that NG has "more" viable decks. Then, the solution is obviously NOT making something "worse", but giving "more" to the other factions as well.

One deck to counter a specific NG deck doesn't work on a different NG deck, and my NG deck works great against the meta NG decks. It's a win/win. I just took a NG deck that was over 100 str in last round down to 24 and I won 74 to 24.

shroudb;n8779170 said:
you do understand that's the whole point we're making right?

I'll use your examples:
mulligan and reavers.

Mulligan is indeed lacking, mainly because no silver/gold supports the archetype, just bronzes. But Dorfs and Spell control is top tier.
Reavers are indeed good (bordering top tier), but machines and 3/3/3/3/3/3/ are indeed lacking.

Now, we go with the "nerf NG" faction.
We nerf them to the point of mulligan, or machines. That makes weather monster, Dorfs, SC spellcontrol, QG, Morkavrg, and reavers all better than NG

and we're back into square 1.

The decks i listed, for their specific factions, are all top tier atm. All represented in the top of the ladder.

If you nerf NG, which each NG deck is about the same level as those decks, then you also need to nerf ALL those decks.

Then the solution is simple:
You buff machines, you buff consume, you buff selfwounding SK and you buff mulligan.

Simply put, the top decks atm are:
NG spy
SC spellcontrol
SC dorfs
MO weather
SK Mork
SK QG

the ok decks atm are:
NR reavers
NG reveal
NG control
MO wild hunt

The bad decks atm are:
SC mulligan
MO consume
NR machines
NR 333
SK selfwounding
SK axemen

If you nerf NG spies, you simultaneously nerf NG control, since that too uses a lot of the same cards. But more importantly, you leave another 5 decks all better than anything that NG can muster, without really helping NR at all.

If on the other hand you buff the weaker archetypes, those i listed on the "bad" column, then all factions get top tier and average tier decks.

Thing is, each NG deck, individually, isn't "stronger" than the rest of the top, it's just that NG has "more" viable decks. Then, the solution is obviously NOT making something "worse", but giving "more" to the other factions as well.

I haven't been suggesting giant nerfs to NG and it's archtypes. I just believe certain individual cards are over tuned or should just be reworked. Sort of like how I do not think RNR is OP but I also think it should be reworked or taken out of the game.

​​​​
​​​

I completely agree in various buffs to the other factions. Not necessarily to make them more powerful but to make them more well rounded like NG.

Didn't see a nerf for NG, yesterday...

Their Graveryardhackers (VM) just cant get blocked from Skelliges Bear anymore. Feels like a buff. Thibk I will start abusing NG soon... :-D

I had a lot of fun playing ranked matches last night... 8/10 played NG. I won a few, I just think it is very telling in the current meta that so many people consistently play the same few NG decks.

I've resisted getting on the NG hate train for quite a bit but Ranked games isn't 80% but its easily over 50%, with Skelliga being around 35% and Spell decks rounding out the last 15%. I have seen almost no monsters anywhere, well except myself lol.

Moridin2244;n8819890 said:
I've resisted getting on the NG hate train for quite a bit but Ranked games isn't 80% but its easily over 50%, with Skelliga being around 35% and Spell decks rounding out the last 15%. I have seen almost no monsters anywhere, well except myself lol.

I'm a monster guy also. I wasn't saying NG is 80% of all games, I just played 10 matches last night and 8 of them happened to be against NG. It was a quite frustrating luck of the draw but oh well.

Top Bottom