Stop drawing conclusions when CDPR openly states that things are placeholders and subject to change.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. People are losing their marbles over something the company is saying at the beginning of the Video are placeholders. This just goes to show how much BS the gaming industry has exposed people to in the past, so that we are now seeing people jump to conclusions and be this viciously precautious about another potential bad investment / letdown.

Stay cool people, this is the maker of The Witcher and Mike Pondsminth, a real gaming oldschool innovator and OG. Its not EA or Pethesda.

This game will be the bomb.

Yea, I suppose people (and myself) have huge amounts of PTSD from dealing with other AAA corporations or publishers...
While I do agree it's silly to jump to wacky conclusions early on, I do think we should all still be very vocal and share all our thoughts and opinions and ideas on everything we see and hear, like and dislike, and explain in great detail "WHY" but in a polite way anyway, but maybe not in such a fearful way. We would be doing CDPR a great disservice if we didn't share with them about what we care about, and give our feedback. So there is a difference between.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH NONONONONONONONO AHHHHHHHHHHH WE'RE DOOMED!!!"
and
"Oh, interesting, Please take this into considerations, I have some level of concern, by the way I'm very classy *drinks tea*"

edit:
SWEET LORD THIS POST AGED TERRIBLY!
I am currently feeling doomed. The PTSD is now mine!
egg on my face.... :giveup:

Last edited:
Yea, I suppose people (and myself) have huge amounts of PTSD from dealing with other AAA corporations or publishers...
While I do agree it's silly to jump to wacky conclusions early on, I do think we should all still be very vocal and share all our thoughts and opinions and ideas on everything we see and hear, like and dislike, and explain in great detail "WHY" but in a polite way anyway, but maybe not in such a fearful way. We would be doing CDPR a great disservice if we didn't share with them about what we care about, and give our feedback. So there is a difference between.

"OHHHHHHHHHHHH NONONONONONONONO AHHHHHHHHHHH WE'RE DOOMED!!!"
and
"Oh, interesting, Please take this into considerations, I have some level of concern, by the way I'm very classy *drinks tea*"

Indeed.

The problem with the whole drama is that the game is 7 months away... 7 painful months with theories, conspiracies, assumptions, misinformation, rage, etc.

So, my advice is to be patient, my trust is with CDPR, like OP said even Mike Pondsmith itself is involucred in this project for a while. I have a good feeling about this game like no other in several years.

I'm still cut that we can't buy apartments / move up in the world.
Regardless, even if it has or hasn't got the stuff we are all crying about it could still suck balls or be an amazing game.

(Apart from not having a customizable penthouse with neon codpiece change room, viewable in the third person, in which case i'm not buying the game)

Yup, people overreacting everywhere because many of them somehow don't seem to (want to) understand what "Work in progress" and "subject to change" means. First time I've seen so much crying and toxicity over things being changed during the development of a game. This game literally goes from revered to trashed in a single news, it's so funny.
Like wow, take a chill pill (the red one, preferably).

CDPR genuinely wanted to be transparent with us about the development but sadly I think they realize they've made a mistake communicating too soon. Don't be surprised guys if they don't tell us shit about their next games.

Keive

Forum regular
The thing is, all these gaming companies that people dislike weren't always so bad at first. But~ I'm still putting my trust in CDPR because if there are these many people who say that we should and it's all just a work in progress then why not. Anyway, the threads are getting pretty toxic now and it's not even much of a discussion as it is an argument and attacks.

But I do want to add that some people here probably waited so long and are seeing stuff that disappoints them. Waiting for a game for years, being active in forums, looking for news on it and then it's not even close to what you expected, that sucks, been in that boat myself for an MMO.

Not to break the thread but the whole issue was that cd projekt went in a direction and been totally silent about it till the reveal. We are also plenty of things we don't know and don't forget the game was even ready to be preordered when what we had was a tech demo of the 2018 E3.

DOn't forget that this forum exists from way before the game went to the e3.

Seriously. People are losing their marbles over something the company is saying at the beginning of the Video are placeholders. This just goes to show how much BS the gaming industry has exposed people to in the past, so that we are now seeing people jump to conclusions and be this viciously precautious about another potential bad investment / letdown.

Stay cool people, this is the maker of The Witcher and Mike Pondsminth, a real gaming oldschool innovator and OG. Its not EA or Pethesda.

Yeah its not like we (as in me at least) don't have such abysmal experiences of game developers flat out lying before the game is released. I for example remember the infamous "walking on stations" debacle for Eve online. For those who don't know, you play as a spaceship in Eve online practically always. At certain point of time, Eve devs started making promises that players human characters could disembark and freely walk around on space stations. Obviously people had plenty of hopes about what this would entail, and the devs didn't deny those. Shopping malls, services, bars, you name it. Eventually, after an extremely detailed character creator for realistic looking characters was released, it turned out that "walking on stations" meant that your character would have a single room to walk in, with no interactivity with anything besides a couch, and no connection to any other character model, player or NPC. It was the most ridiculous cop-out in the history of video game development. I also remember vividly CCP developing the World of Darkness MMO for 5 years or so, until it got totally cancelled and nothing at all came out.

I am with you here , there seems to be a lot of toxic poster here now .

You should go check Steam forums..

You should go check Steam forums..
... or resetera.

Can also get heated on the CDPR board, sometimes even a bit irrational and personal. But on those boards, its rumors instead of facts, feelings instead of discussion, insults instead of arguments. Truly, compared to those forums, the forum on cdprojektred here is like a calm sea...

All I can say is I completely agree with this post.
Post automatically merged:

I’m not even sure what people are flippin’ over about.

Everything looks so relentlessly mediocre, that one can’t possibly be mad at it.

Well that kinda backfired, wish gifs worked better, but it's my first time using them here. Learning lesson I suppose but you get the gyst.

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    808 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Eh, I guess we are reacting as such because there is so little we actually know. There're still 8 months till it's (supposed to be) released and every time we get any morsel of information it's signaled that what we see are subject to change.

What we actually know so far is that the team is working hard and Mike keeps a close eye on things. All else are speculations at this point.

7 painful months with theories, conspiracies, assumptions, misinformation, rage, etc.

So True, so True... It's like everyone knows everything and the game is not even finished. They have a good 5 or 6 months of polishing and programing to go.

I will not be per-ordering (but that's because of Beth), I am tempted to just wait until January to re-visit this site.

Drip feeding led to this. If cyberpunk becomes success i 100% expect them to go full Bethesda or Rockstar and not share literally anything because at this point a lot of people only care about their headcanons, specially when it's 6+ years old.

It's evident when people still argue about CDPR's usage of terms "immersion" and "RPG" on a daily basis, no matter what the thread is about, should be enough to see how strong feelings people have. People just can't move on because first we don't get enough content to talk about and second there is still long time for the game to come. It's no longer about trying CDPR's vision but more about what people want, waiting to play the game yourself and judging on things presents rather than absent takes too much patience.

So stop telling us what to think and let's talk about more pressing matters like "fpp vs tpp"/ "what true rpg is". You know your fate, it's inevitable.

Well that kinda backfired, wish gifs worked better, but it's my first time using them here. Learning lesson I suppose but you get the gyst.

XD

I am with you here , there seems to be a lot of toxic poster here now . Rather than look for the truth from CDPR they jump up and down . Even when posters are shown the truth they pretend or ignore when CDPR answers .

500 × 522
I notice this too....
There's an unusual amount of disinformation that ends up coming from random places all over the internet, and then people just automatically believe it without confirming if it's real or not.

Last edited:
It's not EA or Pethesda.

Yet.

EA and Bethesda (like countless others) were once loved and cited as examples of quality, game developers absent of greed.

Then opportunity (aka truckloads of cash) knocked and suddenly genuine, quality artists who previously didn't have a greedy bone in their body suddenly started imagining how life would improve with their income multiplied by 10.

I agree the game will be great for what it is though.

I'm still cut that we can't buy apartments / move up in the world.
Regardless, even if it has or hasn't got the stuff we are all crying about it could still suck balls or be an amazing game.

We'll be able to do all the moving up in the world, buying new apartments etc to our hearts content in GT...oops I mean Cyberpunk Online.

I bet we'll even get TPP too so we can see all the cool threads we'll be able to buy with our Eddie Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom