• Yes, I really really want storage at Inns

Votes: 88 74.6%
  • Extra storage at Inns would be nice

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Nah, extra storage is not necessary

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I really really don't want extra storage in the game.

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Storage at Inns

I would like to see extra storage for Geralt at Inns. Just like the previous 2 games had.

My bags are full. I'm not a real hoarder. But I like to keep stuff around in case I need it for crafting later. When you play a new game, you never know exactly which items are important or valuable later. So your bags will fill up quickly. You can sell all stuff you find, but I'm sure you'll regret it at some point in the future. With the changes to alchemy and crafting, I really have no idea what stuff is important and what is junk. So I want to keep it. Having my own "bank" that I can access at Inns would be convenient. The previous 2 games had it. Other games have it. Why don't we have it in TW3 ?

Last edited:
IF they simply made alchemy/quest items weigh 0 it solve a lot of issues with weight limit. Though I've been lately feeling the need to keep all my unique swords for the heck of it... but using the 9999 weight limit mod, if I wasn't i'd of sold them in a heartbeat...

Want storage ? Simple:

1) Chose an inn
2) Drop your items on the floor
3) Tadaa ! You got your own storage space.

Apparently, the items which you abandonned do not disappear.

True. I played TW1 recently. And I kept all my books. I also like to keep all weapons I use (the special ones). Maybe special armor too. I guess after playing so many hours with a particular sword, or particular chestpiece, I would like to keep it till the end of the game.

I know that throwing stuff on the floor is an option. But it's sloppy. And books deserve a little respect. :) You don't just throw them on the floor. Also, behaviour in games changes all the time. I wouldn't be surprised that some day a patch comes out that removes all unattended items that lie on the floor somewhere. Too risky. I rather have official storage.

If stuff stays around when you throw it on the floor, that means those items will be stored in the savefiles anyway. Storing them with location coordinates, or just with a flag saying they are in the bank, that shouldn't make a difference. So storage at Inns would probably make savefiles smaller !

Agreed - especially with crafting as complicated as it is right now, it's really damn near impossible to keep track of everything, so obviously I just keep a little of each component, and that adds up really quickly.

Wondering if more people want storage at Inns. So far nobody seems to have a reason why we should not have it.

I wouldn't mind extra storage for misc items and swords/gear that took time to get, but more importantly I would love an inventory system... I mean like the one we had in the last game, with actual sorting options and different categories that made a bit more sense. Both of these would be awesome, but I would take an overhaul with an eye toward adding new saddle bags or increasing the weight limit of the ones already in game.

If only there was a way to keep this on the first page, so more people would see it, and would vote. I doubt there are only 35 people playing this game.

On the other hand, it seems clear already that people would like to have this feature.

A Witcher hideout or cache at each region would be much more interesting (or at least two for the entire game) ... if your going to do it , do it right : P , using the in is a quick fix and i approve it.

Sometimes i just want to use my older gear , so the game don't became too easy... and also off load my generic trophies .

It makes sense that Witcher organizations or schools would have hidden locations for their operatives.

Last edited:
Too bad this keep falling off the first page. I would like more people to vote on it.

On the other hand. It already seems like this would be a feature that would be welcomed by most players. Shouldn't take too much effort to implement. (TW1 and TW2 had it. There are already Inns and Inn-keepers. Seems straightforward).

Books alone are a good reason for off character storage. Even if all you could do is open up a "safety deposit box" with the guy that exchanges currency that would be fine. I don't always want read books right then... and a place to keep extra alcohol is becoming very desirable.

(And yes would be nice to keep a neat collection of swords and armor you don't want on you all the time.)

Not having storage is hurting the game more than what the desire intent adds...

Books alone are a good reason for off character storage. Even if all you could do is open up a "safety deposit box" with the guy that exchanges currency that would be fine. I don't always want read books right then... and a place to keep extra alcohol is becoming very desirable.

(And yes would be nice to keep a neat collection of swords and armor you don't want on you all the time.)

Not having storage is hurting the game more than what the desire intent adds...

For books and other written material, I'd rather have some kind of journal where everything is transcribed into automatically... combine that with a flagging system for texts that already have been read (like in TW2), and it would be perfect.

As far as storage goes: Just make Poach a "vendor" without money requirements... call horse, hold down E to open saddlebags, store stuff = win!

No. No storages. There's really no point in having a storage, because it's not a game where you have to collect stuff.
And a storage would make the saddlebag really useless.

Want storage ? Simple:

1) Chose an inn
2) Drop your items on the floor
3) Tadaa ! You got your own storage space.

Apparently, the items which you abandonned do not disappear.

I've seen comments on reddit where peoples stuff has despawned after a while. I've not tested it personally.

No. No storages. There's really no point in having a storage, because it's not a game where you have to collect stuff.
And a storage would make the saddlebag really useless.

That's how you see it, but fact is, you CAN collect stuff, so people want to be able to do so...

Also: Yes, dropped stuff does despawn after a while.

At first I was asking about storage at Inns aswell, but then I learned that you can disassemble all the hides into leather and that saves alot of weight.
And you can also buy much better saddle bags in Novigrad (like +100), which pretty much solves the problem with weight.

So, the answer is - Nah, extra storage is not necessary.

Top Bottom