Storage

+
I know that the generalized storage area for gear in our apartment is supposed to cover things. But I find it cluttered....which is part of being a pack rat.

I would like to see us gain similar access to the closet. However, I would like to see the weapon wall area used specifically for weapons and the closet specifically for clothing. Likewise I would love to see our top end clothing, displayed in the closet... or perhaps just the set clothing or some kind of iconic clothing option.

Simiilarly, I arranged for Meredith to live and have an empty crate in my room and would like to be able to store stuff in it.

These are great ideas. I recall how useful the storage 'cube' was in Hellgate where you could carry it in your mobile backpack and it expanded (Tardis style) to incorporate many extra slots within a limited storage size for the cube itself.

The things I would like to see are also:

1 Access to your stash storage ( the one in the apartment) via the drop box terminals, so as well as selling stuff using 'R' we could simply Store stuff 'S' direct from any remote terminal direct into stash, and vice versa, access and manipulate and remove items from the stash remotely. This worked very well in Hellgate London where the storage in every station linked to the same central stash

2. I want to be able to dissemble items (z) for crafting parts, and sell for E$ while they are WITHIN the stash screen, whilst in the apartment room. This means we don't have to transfer every item to the backpack inventory first to then dissemble or sell. At present you cannot do this whilst in the stash screen and you move them back and they jumble up with the weapons and clothes you have modded and want to keep. It gets confusing to not sell the wrong ones.

3. I want to be able to 'Lock' ( and then unlock) Items in inventory so they cannot be sold or dissembled for parts accidentally !!! So many times with a shed load of similar guns I have nearly sold or dissembled one of the ones I want to keep by mistake, especially that Z key which does tend to roll on if pressed to the next item in the table row. In the same way as items worn have a colour slant on the icon, we should see a padlock icon on locked items.

4. I want more than the 3 weapon slots... why can we not have 6 or 7 as these number keys 5-9) are otherwise generally not used.. (except in some mods which can be changed ) There are so many occasions where you need pistol, assault rifle, shotgun, non lethal bat, and katana in a short sequence in the same battle and having to press 'I' for inventory to change beyond 3 slots is really limiting.

5. Instant Toggle Keys - I want 'I' to go to inventory alone as one key, a dedicated 'backpack' key, a dedicated Map Key (toggle on/off) instead of the current 'holding page' which creates too many clicks. IT's annoying to go to Map using 'M' then have to click M twice for views then esc taking you back to dashboard. Similarly backpack storage and wearable items system is a bit clumsy at present.

6. Inventory 'Favourites' (Sets) I would like to make combination outfit sets with different clothing and be able to select a set and change instantly in one key. Also to select 'Favourite' weapons to distinguish them easily from all the stuff you pick up on missions where the icon is the same.

Going to disagree about portable stashes.

Here we have V walking about in the world, and if we look at them in photo mode they're not carrying a huge, heavy rucksack with things sticking out of it all over the place... and then we look in the inventory and hey, they're carrying thirty-odd guns of different kinds, half a dozen katanas, a club or two, a machete, and enough clothing to equip a squad.

Even just in my ready-to-use weapons, I have a katana which must be about a metre long, and a sniper rifle that is certainly bigger... and yet when I unequip them, although I still have to carry their weight, they just disappear into the same mystical dimension as all the other shit I'm carrying.

That's really immersion-breaking.

If you're going to carry a sniper rifle, there ain't no concealed carry for a thing like that. It's slung on your shoulder unless you're using it. A katana may go through your belt, but everyone's going to see it's there. You can maybe carry a pistol or a revolved concealed, but with some of the outfits female-V gets to wear it's hard to see where you'd conceal anything at all.

Being able to keep a whole lot of stuff in the boot/trunk of your car is fine, I have no problem with that, but carry? Just no.

Top Bottom