Storage

+

Storage

• Yes

Votes: 190 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
So I'm forced to meditate every few minutes just to replenish my potions and bombs?
Wow, that is even more stupid than I had imagined.
It frankly gives me the impression that they are somehow trying to artificially prolonging my time playing the game.
Artificial time sinks are usually a sign that developers are trying to make it appear as if there is more gameplay or that its somehow longer than it is.

Seriously, why the hell do developers always have to try to reinvent every damned mechanic whenever they make a new game?
What the hell is wrong with leaving things that works alone and instead improve/fix something that needs it?

Meditation takes like what? seconds to do? Stop exaggerating try hard..

Meditation system has always been part of this franchise, comparing to its predecessors i will say that its been improved and made even more convenient due to the fact that we know this game will have plenty of new players who never played the Witcher franchise before too.

Anyway i'm not surprised players who are new to the franchise would have a problem with the storage system. I'm pretty sure cdprojekt is expecting to see this too. We don't have the luxury of making mods for the console side since its impossible, so hopefully cdprojekt "would do something to calm this folks down". I myself have no problem with the storage, i'm used to it since i played the witcher and elder scroll's franchise.

So either people learn to embrace the system and focus on the other many wonderful aspects of the game or idk? keep whining in false hopes that cdprojekt might give you a storage box?

Anyway i'm not surprised players who are new to the franchise would have a problem with the storage system. I'm pretty sure cdprojekt is expecting to see this too. We don't have the luxury of making mods for the console side since its impossible, so hopefully cdprojekt "would do something to calm this folks down". I myself have no problem with the storage, i'm used to it since i played the witcher and elder scroll's franchise.

So either people learn to embrace the system and focus on the other many wonderful aspects of the game or idk? keep whining in false hopes that cdprojekt might give you a storage box?

Storage has been part of The Witcher since the first game, mind you, and was very useful and welcomed.

I didn't know that suggesting improvements for a game was considered "whinning", maybe you don't find a use for it, it doesn't mean that there isn't though, oh there is...

Meditating to replenish potions doesnt really add to the time you play the game, you only need 1 alcohol and meditate for 1 hour to replenish all potions. Meditating for one hour in game is literally about 3 seconds if that in real life. Also as you upgrade potions you can use more of them. In example if you have thunderbolt and upgrade it to enhanced thunderbolt you have 4 usea of it rather than 3.

same here I like collecting relic weapons and armor It's just something a lot of us like to do and from out point of view we can say why do we have to complain about putting storage into a game like this I am sure by now devs from all different companies know how a lot of us feel so why not just put it in to begin with?keep your faithful followers happy ! Have people forgotten the old saying " The customer is always right " If you want there money :)
And to let you all know This is not my first trip around the block, I've been playing this game since the beginning, I didn't hear people complaining in the first 2 games that there was storage, so why take it out when you know people will be upset that it's gone? Most devs want feedback from the players this helps them know what we like and don't like, never considered peoples opinions whining

---------- Updated at 08:08 PM ----------

I say add a storage chest in the next week dlc! Who is with me?
yes
no
YES !

Last edited:
I'd like also to have someone warehouse, because I like to wear different outfits and weapons, according to different situations.
Heavy costumes are heavy and take up too much space in your bag. Handcrafted they receive but it will cost, the stock should not free.
Also, it would be nice to collect all the costumes and weapons in your inventory, as they are, however, taken the big time of the game they are acquiring, they are like 'catches of war', which are not henno sell. But now I'm forced to do so because there is no space.

* Storage of goods dropping of a house is not working. They are there only for a moment and soon disappear. Tried it.

You can safely drop items anywhere in the game and they persist to exist throughout, therefore, you can drop all the collectors items in your designated places of choice if you want. It's rather crude I know but it works nonetheless

You can safely drop items anywhere in the game and they persist to exist throughout, therefore, you can drop all the collectors items in your designated places of choice if you want. It's rather crude I know but it works nonetheless

Not working for me

Pack Horse for Storage

What I would like to see added to the game is an option to get a pack horse for storage. In the previous games you could store your excess gear in selected inns and it would somehow follow you from place to place. I would suggest adding a pack horse would be a better option though more time consuming to implement.

I would suggest that the option of a pack horse be made available after the second chapter (after Vizima) maybe even as a mini quest, you buy the horse or go and catch a wild one using the Axii sign, then buy a pack saddle. When you have the pack horse with you it follows Roche around like its being led by a lead rope, while the pack horse is with Roche he is much more likely to panic during combat. You could also leave the pack horse with stable boys at selected inns for five to ten crowns until you want to move him somewhere else.

If the pack horse is currently with you (in your vicinity, not just with Roche on the other side of the map) when dealing with merchants the pack horse’s inventory is available, also when crafting with a blacksmith or armourer the pack horse’s inventory is available to use this would also be the same for Geralt’s alchemy.

I would not make the pack horse’s inventory infinite, maybe a 200 pound limit (or 100 then increased with improved pack saddles).

This system would still keep inventory management an important part of the game but would allow much more flexibility.

In any case I would like to see some sort of storage brought back as there is always some piece of gear you think will come in handy latter on (like a piece of Geralt’s original armour that I later found that I needed it to make a better piece of armour) or an excellent weapon or piece of armour that you find that you cannot use until you reach a high enough level. Or just when the merchants have run out of cash.

Not Working for me either, I just tried it again. I dropped some items, fast traveled to another area, did a quest came back and the sack was gone.Glad i left some things that didn't matter. So I don't know if this patch we all just got has something to do with this not working anymore but it'snot working.

I think it'll be good to separate Geralt's inventory from saddlebag, which saddlebag inventory can only be accessed when Geralt is close to Roach.
Just think of Roach as a moving storage chest, sure helps immersion while being convenient.

I would rather like some sort of storage space as well. Be it being able to pay an innkeeper/respectable person to act as a bank, a chest you can set down yourself that never deletes what's inside, or anything really. I'm not a huge pack-rat but I like keeping the clothing that you wore at the end of the prologue, my trophies, certain quest books/notes that I rather liked or think he would keep (like Yennifers letter), extra food/alchemy items, ect.

Honestly this would only be as much of an issue if the game didn't auto sort your inventory continuously. Or let you have a separate tab for potions/oils. I don't need the weight reduction, I need organization controls.

On a side note, I really really want to claim that castle in Velen where the dragon flies around the tower :/

I'm ussing a mod that gives the Zerrikanian Saddlebags +500 weigth storage, I didn't want it to use it at first, but man, I don't regret using it, because the storage system is way to limited right now. They should officially give us more storage options or upgrade the ones they exist now.

Will there be a storage in the future patches?

I don't know you guys how to keep all your crafting material, herbs, food, books, quest items and upgradable witcher gears in inventory without getting overburdened. I only keep griffin and cat sets. Sold all other relic weapons and armor, notes and uneffective food, still I weight like 136/160. I hold on to my temptation of crafting ursine sets. I know if I do it I will be completely overburdened. I can't sell crafting materials because they might be used for upgrade my gear later. They are expensive I don't wanna buy them again, just think that is unnecessary.
So many armors and weapons in this game I don't have the chance to try them on because I have to sell them as soon as possible, what a pitty. Those DLCs can probably wait, we really need a storage ASAP.

I just want a vault (safety deposit box) at the bank. It could be an option when you talk to the banker. Just add it to the banking options, & give us a storage space at the bank

CDPR, PLEASE, Implement a Bank/Chest in Inns/Kahr Morhen in future patch!? please??

Does anyone else want this? I know about 20 other people who wish there was a bank in this game. I have 130 saddlebag space and I still don't have enough room for anything I need to put materials in a bank to make room for more materials. My entire first page is completely full with every potiona n bomb in the game. My materials are full.
I know im not the only one who feels this way and also wants a bank/chest like W1 & 2

---------- Updated at 02:03 AM ----------

I miss the tavern chests to store my collectables. :( I hope cdprojekts restores that in future patches.
I KNOW. Me, You, as well as 12,745,678 people who play this game too

Last edited:
Geralt's own private stash

CDred please add a private chest or a stash somewhere for me to keep my armor sets or any loot that I don't want to have on me at all times, as we all know there's armor you can upgrade and I can't carry all the pieces around because they weigh me down, I think it would be nice if we could have a place where we can keep the stuff that we are not currently using, hell let us buy a property or something.

Top Bottom