+

Storage

• Yes

Votes: 190 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Storage

I'm new to the series, don't know if Witcher 1 or 2 had weight system, but in an open-world game this massive, IMO, it's not a cool thing no offense. It's just, why, you know. But can I find a storage box for stuff I won't readily need but maybe for later use? Thanks guys.

I'm new to the series, don't know if Witcher 1 or 2 had weight system, but in an open-world game this massive, IMO, it's not a cool thing no offense. It's just, why, you know. But can I find a storage box for stuff I won't readily need but maybe for later use? Thanks guys.

A limitation shouls exist anyway.
I would prefer a limitation system related to the grid.

You can actually carry quite a lot of stuff compared to TW2 and you don't need to keep like every alchemy ingredient you find, since you only need them once for every potion.

Last edited:
A limitation shouls exist anyway.
I would prefer a limitation system related to the grid.
but in order to aquire mass amounts of money you need to craft the best stuff multiple times and you need unlimited amount of mats for that! its pretty much infinite.I hope the put a bank or chest in here...or if they do can somone please tell me where it is please??????????????? THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I read somewhere there is a bank somewhere in the game... where is it and can we store / deposit / withdraw stuff there, since, well, IT'S A GORRAM BANK?

[SPOILER, answers the bank question above]

I'm at the bank, there was no option to ask for a storage/pay for one. I have never been over the limit personally, I just sell the garbage gear regularly and upgraded my horse storage early on

Im already having trouble with the system. My equip load is already at 40 and my iventory is a mess. I need a chest ! An rpg without a storage chest, WTF ?

Upgrade the saddle bag if you have one or find one if you dont?, the starting ones increase the load by 30 points the next is by 70 points and goes on...

The only reason we need a storage box is to store some items that you dont want to sell/dismantle(named items) and want to keep them just for collections sake.

Ok dude I just bought that saddle thing, like 180+ crowns and we know money's tough to come by here.

I'd like to buy another, do they stack? And how do you upgrade it? Thanks bro.

*~*

They dont upgrade but neither stack you gotta find another saddle with higher space :)

You can find them in chests or on merchants.

Having at least 1 saddle will help a lot when you finish white orchard(prologue) thus help you net more Crowns(Currency)

They dont upgrade but neither stack you gotta find another saddle with higher space :)

You can find them in chests or on merchants.

Having at least 1 saddle will help a lot when you finish white orchard(prologue) thus help you net more Crowns(Currency)

Yeah thanks dude I just upgrade seems your max weight limit is 130 (with 70 from rugged saddle). Hopefully there's more since there'd be DLC right.

What was the official reason, to not have storage chest?

I do wish this game had a few. I'm a hoarder, and I like to collect. I wish we could obtain an abandoned house, such as the one by the pond (devil in the well)
And it have a few chest for storage.

Sure it's not a game breaker, but it would make it more complete to me.

Stop being a pack rat, hah. On a side note, do cells respawn in this game? You can try dropping a bunch of junk inventory stuff and throw them on the floor inside a house at an abandoned village...Save the game, log off and see what happens. If it stays put, there is your ingame storage

---------- Updated at 07:54 PM ----------

To all you packrats, there is a 100 slot saddlebag you can purchase at one of the merchants, cost close to a 1000 Orin so save up.

Yeah, you can drop stuff on the ground somewhere (I chose Dandelion's inn) and it will stay there forever AFAIK. You can put yourself over the pile of items and add new items to it extremely easily too.
You can also organize your items by putting them in different piles...
So... There really ain't no need for any specific kind of storage in the end. ;)

I personally wanted the horse to serve as a mobile unlimited storage, but in return Geralt should have only had the steel and silver sword slots, 2 slots for food or potions, and 2 slots for bombs. Roach's storage should have been unaccessible during combat, which would force the players to choose the gear they have on Geralt beforehand. It would have added a strategical and preparations element to the combat and storage.
Also it would have been another incentive for players to upgrade their armor, if the armor had additional slots for potions or bombs.

I personally wanted the horse to serve as a mobile unlimited storage, but in return Geralt should have only had the steel and silver sword slots, 2 slots for food or potions, and 2 slots for bombs. Roach's storage should have been unaccessible during combat, which would force the players to choose the gear they have on Geralt beforehand. It would have added a strategical and preparations element to the combat and storage.
Also it would have been another incentive for players to upgrade their armor, if the armor had additional slots for potions or bombs.

That actually sounds awesome, and adds to realism and immersion. The reality is, nobody can carry 130 lbs. of stuff and be jumping and rolling everywhere. Like you said, you only have access to your stuff from Roach and the only stuff you have are your equipped stuff.

From purist standpoint, IMO that'd be cumbersome. I'm not, I'd be actually cool with it, as long as Roach doesn't have limit in weight LOL (and now I contradicted that realism part).

But again, very interesting proposition, I'm all for more grounded, realistic approach in the games. Perhaps for Witcher 4 then?

Top Bottom