Storage

+

Storage

• Yes

Votes: 190 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Just got armor through a mission. Unfortunately i can't wear it for another 9 levels of upgrading. I had to sell my griffin enhanced armor so i could keep it in my storage. It was heavy armor....my luck.

I think a storage space if deffinitely needed for keeping unique swords/armours (ingredients and crafting materials are fine I have never had a problem with being overburdened due to them since they all have weight of 0,01). However I don´t like the idea with unlimited separate horse inventory since you can call the horse whenever=> so it´s like giving unlimited inventory... I think the best solution would be an DLC quest for Vimme Vivaldi after completing which he will grant you access to your personal vault at his bank.
@ all people who say something like "simply don´t collect everything/ Geralt is a wanderer" ehm noone forces you to use vault if you would feel like it ruined your game experience

in case it hasn't been stated enough: DO NOT DROP YOUR ITEMS AND EXPECT THEM TO STILL BE THERE! it only works for a very short period of time. i lost a bunch of good stuff early in the game listening to these fools.

i believe we could use a separate storage space. part of the gameplay is surely based on you choosing one or two types of armor or swords and only using those few but i would much rather be able to have a couple sets of light, medium, and heavy armor set available. plus different swords for bare or armored humans\nonhumans. different swords for regular monsters or big defensive monsters. fire sword, ice sword, bleeding, poison. i want to make and have them all for different circumstances.

at 160 carry weight i can easily hold 2 types of armor and 4 swords. that's enough to enjoy and have a few options but there's so much available i hate having to choose only 2 of each.

I think a storage space if deffinitely needed for keeping unique swords/armours (ingredients and crafting materials are fine I have never had a problem with being overburdened due to them since they all have weight of 0,01). However I don´t like the idea with unlimited separate horse inventory since you can call the horse whenever=> so it´s like giving unlimited inventory... I think the best solution would be an DLC quest for Vimme Vivaldi after completing which he will grant you access to your personal vault at his bank.
@ all people who say something like "simply don´t collect everything/ Geralt is a wanderer" ehm noone forces you to use vault if you would feel like it ruined your game experience

And so everytime you need something you have to go back to Novigrad?
It's not that none force us to use the vault. Is the vault itself that is just stupid. The game rules are made in this way to introduce the inventory management.
You can't collect everything and you don't have to. This is the fact. You want to keep some stuff? Then you have to deal with the weight. An unlimited storage would make the weight limit pointless.
At least, an horse storage (limited) would be a compromise.

And so everytime you need something you have to go back to Novigrad?
I guess yes since Vivaldi does not have branch offices in the rest of the world. If you want mastercrafted armour you have to visit one specific vendor, same with weapons, so why should be vault something different? It would be a special service after all (I suggest quest prequisite just like the ones with weapon/armor smith). On top of that it would keep the aspect of inventory management which you deserve so desperately (you don´t have access to all your items whenever you need them).
You can't collect everything and you don't have to. This is the fact
Yes it is and it is also the reason of this (and numbers of similar ones) topic- people want this to be changed and be able to keep all those nice unique pieces of masterwork... check poll results.

Last edited:
Storage with Vivaldi

A "deposit" box must be added to Vivaldi or some where. From what I have seen from reviews and forums storage is fairly high on the list of things to be add among the fan base. I get that the intention is to create a more free flow experience by not having it but the reverse is the actual out come. I spend half my time playing trying to figure out what is smart to keep and what I can sell so I don't run into problems on the next ques (not fun). The largest saddle bags are not a solution. Even if it was... there is no hope of organizing it to make it more manageable. This repeated design choice is stubborn and frustrating. I try not to be critical of things but this is stupid. I would love to hear feedback from cd projekt on this. You have my support but be reasonable on things like this. Sad to see this masterpiece experience tarnished over this.

There definitely needs to be some kind of storage like there was in the first two games. Big oversight.

I would like a way of storage yes. But not a chest that you can access in every inn, that is too unrealistic.

Currently I don't really have to choose too. I just store all my equipment that I would like to keep in a merchant. They never lose the stuff that you sell... so you can use merchants to store items.

Vivaldi as vault keeper has been mentioned several times... but well a dedicated topic might do its work, anyways I suggest making access to vault as quest reward (same as master armorsmith/weaponsmith).

" ... I lost a bunch of good stuff early in the game listening to these fools..."

I don't consider my self a fool, good thing is neither do I feel the need to insult several people in an public forum with one general statement, just for the sake of venting my heartache about some lost loot .... guess some people should try to get a tiny bit less emotional about games... or try to acquire some basic social skills : /.

To the matter at hand:

I got 124h playtime, and 4 piles of stuff of stuff lying around from around hour 20 on. Didn't lose a single peace yet. I reload a lot, I sometimes go back an hour or two to do things different or in an other order, I installed every patch and every DLC. And still, my stuff keeps lying around where I put it down. Guess that makes me a fool now, just don't feel like it...

In my thinking that makes, lets say ~100h witchering for me, without losing anything, AND not(!) having to worry about weight. (Still don't feel like a fool)

BUT still, in the back of my head I stay prepared for the case, that one of my piles goes missing (I would be a fool to disregard all the advice and warnings about that).
And if that case would occur, I would EASILY notice that one of the BIG RED X' es (loot piles) on my minimap would have disappeared on the next "sell run" for the latest (I got to go on "sell runs about ~once an hour or so).

And if one of the four X'es on my minimap is gone, I just had to reload a safe game from 1min - 59min ago, where I still have all my 4 X 'es on my minimap.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say its a great or even a good solution(!), I also would prefer a chest some place (KM maybe) or the option to store stuff in Vivaldi's bank - but at least it has been a solid work around(!) for me so far. (And I still I don't feel foolish).

To maybe(!) have to play an hour of the game twice, seems a small price to pay on my "witchering-billl", for not(!) having to worry about weight problems, and STILL have all sets crafted and all stuff collected I might want/need to use at a point.

So if that makes me a fool - so be it... Not going to argue with impolite people, it never ends well ;).

Stash please.

This game really needs a stash. If you are considering testing out the different Witcher sets available you are already bound to be overburdened. Lets have a quick look at the mastercrafted set weights:

41,46 total for Mastercrafted wolf set
47,74 total for Mastercrafted feline set
41,46 total for Mastercrafted griffin set
48,99 total Mastercrafted bear set

So if you have two of these you are already 80+ off from your 160 max weight limit. In addition to this herbs, crafting components, and useable items add to this. That is also before you even start to take in to account all the different items you will loot throughout this vast gameworld. So you don't even have to be a collector or hoarder to reach the max limit in no time.

This makes trying out different setups and gear a bad option due to how severely hampered you are by your weight limit. You can of course fix it with mods for the PC version but for such a massive game it really makes no sense to have not have any sort of stash. Also if the weight limit is kept I shudder to think of playing the two forthcoming DLC's with even more content.

For me logical placements would be either at Kaer morhen or Vivaldis bank in Novigrad. Come on make it happen CDPR....

I've seen these numbers before and I'm still flabbergasted at the cat set being the second heaviest.

On topic: I'd appreciate a stash. People proposed allowing us to return to (an empty) Kaer Morhen at any point throughout the game and having a stash there doesn't sound unreasonable.

Kaer Morhen or Vivaldi's Bank or at Inns like in the past games. Any of these would be logical and functional.

We need something to manage all this inventory.

Is the Putrid Grove saddlebag not big enough? Even with keeping 2 extra sets in my inv (plus all the reagents( I had no inventory problem at 160 lbs

Kaer Morhen or Vivaldi's Bank or at Inns like in the past games. Any of these would be logical and functional.

We need something to manage all this inventory.

Yes x1000. I expected this issue to have been addressed by now. I expected storage upon release actually. Why would they leave this out when the first two games had it, especially considering this game really lends itself towards a player being loaded down with different gear/weapon sets, alchemy and crafting mats.

Top Bottom