Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Dear CDPR,

I need a library for my books
I need mannequins for my complete armors
I need racks for my swords and axes
I need a wall display for my trophies
I need a personal chest for...stuff
And everything at Kaer Morhen, or a house at Novigrad.

That's it, thank you !
A witcher who can bow can own a home !

Last edited:
Drop or sell what you don't need.
You don't have to carry with you all the armors.

Thanks ever so much. That hadn't occured to me...
Too many stories recently of dropped items disappearing for dropping to be acceptable, and sold items can disappear from stores.
All I want is a safe storage option like we had in Witcher 1 and 2.
I'm playing on a PC, if the inventory shuffle minigame becomes too annoying, I'll mod it right out of my game with a 500lb encumberance mod. But we are talking about a feature that should be there and has been in the last two games.

Drop or sell what you don't need.
You don't have to carry with you all the armors.

So what if you want all 4 mastercrafted Witcher sets? The weigth requirement for those alone require 179,65 and max is 160. So then the option is either sell, dismantle or drop them. In such a big RPG one of the things that keeps things interesting is changing setups and testing different gear and playstyles.

Such a sever limiting of what you actually can carry in a immense RPG game just does not make sense.

I wanna Pack Mule, and then upgrade to a Mule and Wagon, I wanna put all the stuff in W3 in my donkey cart.

though I'd agree with many of the above comments -- collections, treasures, sets etc are a great way to provide content.

Being able to buy a house in W3 would contradict with the very nature of Geralt's nomad profession.
But maybe we should be able to rent or buy a chest at Vivaldi's Bank.

I'd make the inn's back as they were in TW1, with a storage there.
Then again, why...
Once you find a better piece of equipment, one usually uses that, and not many revert back to the lower quality piece...

Then again I would think of mats.
Which does need a storage.
And a complete new SORT system!!!!

I believe if a storage is implemented, it should at least have a limited capacity.
The saddlebags and the concept of weight is a good idea but it becomes meaningless without restrictions.

Would like to see stacking for the different types of mutagens in the inventory.

They do have a home. It's called Ker Morhen. Witchers go out for a season or two then go home for the winter. They have very limited amounts of gear and stuff. You are asking to break major lore. Roach does not pull a wagon.

LOVING the game, but....

I am really loving this game. One of the things I don't like and sort of wants me to quit and not bother with Witcher 3 is I am tired of giving up unique weapons and armour. Witcher 3 is basically get better stat weapons and armour and just sell what you just had.

What is the point of looking for special Witcher gear when you just find better weapons and armour?

What is the point of collecting when we don't have any storage? Game is starting to become a chore and not fun now with being over encumbered all the time. I can understand why we become over encumbered, but I don't understand why we can't store our weapons and armour we find.

Sometimes I want to keep something because I like the stats and/or look of. I basically get rid of everything because it's weaker and just takes up precious storage space. We need permeant storage so we can keep what we like and not sell/break down/get rid of just because we can't use it.

So I am asking is am I missing anything? Do we have a storage area were we can store things without just buying a larger saddle bags?
We we have a weapon/armour we like and we find something more better, is there a reason to keep it? Can we upgrade them?

Is there a reason now to do Treasure Hunts? I am finding this Bull Crap now because when I finally find a treasure, it's basically useless now. I love collecting them because of being unique, but again, can't store, so they are useless. Besides selling/breaking down for crafting materials, is there a use for them?

*edit* For what ever reason, the quote I am replying to never showed up.

For me, it's not about breaking lore. It's about having fun. Right now, I am not having fun because I can't keep what I want because of weight restrictions and being over encumbered.

Want lore, have an option. This way, people who want to play fluffy or as lore as you said can play it that way, and then fore people like me, who want to horde everything can play that way.

Want to talk about lore, then why are we level one when we start? I never felt like Gerelt or when I play him is the kick ass swords man he is suppose to be, especially at level one. Did he forget everything what he did in Witcher 2 and 1?

There isn't. In fact, you don't have to collect them.

I want to collect though. :)

My solution for storage

In the previous two games there was a lot less to collect and it was a more linear experience. Here we have a huge open world and there are lots of different armour sets, weapons, books, crafting ingredients and other things the player is likely to want to keep hold of but. Surely we could have a stash somewhere?

I have thought about the issue and come up with some ideas:

-There could be various ways storage is accessed but different storage containers should not be magically connected to each other like the previous games.
-In the world there could be certain merchants and innkeepers who would provide storage chests but would charge a fee each time you access these chests, so that they aren't abused but used when needed.
-Upon reaching certain points of the story, friends of Geralt could provide free storage containers, such as the Bloody Baron if his quest line is completed and a chest in a room at Kaer Morhen.

I am slightly concerned you might have already implemented a fix into the code of the 1.07 patch and this would be a simple case of innkeepers with magical chests. I think my proposed system would be effective, realistic and provide a rewarding game experience. It is crucial the different chests are not connected to each other for realism.

Last edited:
It is crucial the different chests are not connected to each other for realism.

Nice well written post. Problem is, I am playing a game. If I want realism I would go outside.

What you have written was so well done until you started talking about realism. If we are to talk about realism in a game, why is it we are not eating breakfast, lunch and dinner? Why are we eating during combat? Why are we eating raw food and not cooking it? (Hey a new idea for crafting, using raw food ingredients to make better food :) ) Why don't we sleep? Shower/bathe or go to the bathroom?

When playing a game, especially a fantasy game where a lot of things don't exist, talking about realism just doesn't make sense.

I play for fun. I don't want to play as a chore. While one of the best games ever, Morrowind, it was a chore to play. I am older now and just want to let of steam or jus play and have fun. I don't want to work for it. So having magical storages connected to each other is fine for me.

After all where is all this stuff being stored on Roach who is not even with me most of the time. Saddle bags? I guess they are made from the same material in Elder Scroll pockets.

Where is the realism in that?

Add a tavern chest like in Witcher 2.

I'm about to craft Ursine armour, but I would like to keep my Griffin set too. I did some tests and while items persist for a while if you drop them they DO disappear.
Any chance that you add a travelling chest as we had in Witcher 2 or even better a house you can buy in Novigrad with storage ? :D

Last edited:
Nice well written post. Problem is, I am playing a game. If I want realism I would go outside.

What you have written was so well done until you started talking about realism. If we are to talk about realism in a game, why is it we are not eating breakfast, lunch and dinner? Why are we eating during combat? Why are we eating raw food and not cooking it? (Hey a new idea for crafting, using raw food ingredients to make better food :) ) Why don't we sleep? Shower/bathe or go to the bathroom?

When playing a game, especially a fantasy game where a lot of things don't exist, talking about realism just doesn't make sense.

I play for fun. I don't want to play as a chore. While one of the best games ever, Morrowind, it was a chore to play. I am older now and just want to let of steam or jus play and have fun. I don't want to work for it. So having magical storages connected to each other is fine for me.

After all where is all this stuff being stored on Roach who is not even with me most of the time. Saddle bags? I guess they are made from the same material in Elder Scroll pockets.

Where is the realism in that?

I see your point and it is valid, perhaps I should have used different terminology. I think that the chests not being connected to each other and storage being separate, would be a good gameplay mechanic.

They could remove the weight limit and weapon degradation since this is a game, but they are good mechanics which provide a sense of managent, as I believe separated storage would.

Last edited:
I see your point and it is valid, perhaps I should have used different terminology. I think that the chests not being connected to each other and storage being separate, would be a good gameplay mechanic.

I agree with you, having everything being separate is a great idea. Having them connected, would just seem weird. It would be convent for sure, but as you say, it would take me out of the game.

Top Bottom