Stores selling the game before I as an preorder gets it?

+
Stores selling the game before I as an preorder gets it?

I saw the game on steam as pre order, and as an avid fan and supporter of this game i bought it (with expansion pass) to get it as early as possible. Cause thats why you buy the game on pre order yeah? to get it as early as possible (pre download and so on)

So wonder at my suprise when my friend who is watching twitch sees multiple people with no fanbases playing the game on twitch. Cause some stores decided to sell it early? (got told so by a dude in chat, so may all be bullshitt). Feeling kinda cheated when i could just go out and buy it and get it earlier than ordering it on steam or GoG.

Understand that if it happened it wasing CPRs fault but still...

-Gernia

Lots of trouble every time a popular game comes out, with retailers breaking street date. Not much anybody can do about it, no distributor's ever successfully sued a retailer for this. Next game, that retailer doesn't get his allocation.

Isn't that exactly why breaking street date happens so often?

Retail stores are aware they can't compete with digital retailers when it comes to price and decide to sell anticipated games early hoping that gamers incapable of waiting will storm their stores. Ride the hype so to speak. Easy buck for them.

Top Bottom