Story content you FEEL is missing [spoilers]

+
I've noticed a lot of content does feel a bit undercooked:

* No Meredith Stout other than the one night stand despite her offer to hire you in the future.

* A follow-up to Regina Jones researching the cure for Cyberpsychosis.

* Whoever put all those damned Tarot cards around the city.

* Killing Kerry Eurodyne's manager. It seems like he would hire you to do it. I mean, the game makes a joke about it but there's no way he wouldn't want you to at least scare the shit out of the guy.

* The ability to return to Clouds under Maiko's management (even if the entire braindance prostitution thing is horrifying).

* The entire Peralez questline that presumably IS setting up DLC but even then, you'd think we could go after the Security Company for a lower level on the conspiracy totem.

* We never did get to investigate who killed the Mayor.

* Chrissy Whizzy promises you'll love her new Braindance video [presumably murdering her manager] but we never get to see it.

* More Ozob.

* Someone actually hiring us to repair that Roller Coaster in the first place.

* Anything involving Morgan Blackhand.

* The offer to join Max-Tac.

Anything I'm missing here that you think should be there but isn't for whatever reason?

From your list, Peralez does feel like it could be it's own main storyline and I really would like to see something in the cyberpsychosis quests about the quickhack too - perhaps have it being instrumental to a 'cure'. And I'm pretty sure we could tie the mayors death into the Peralez quests, since to me it seems like Night Corp killed him to replace him with a brainwashed Peralez...

Delamain. Can you say "Permanent Companion"? Because that's where I feel it should end up - I'd be really happy if it was an implant connection presenting in a similar way to Johnny, just without the whole 'death by overwrite' BS. (And just imagine the interaction with other AI's like Brendan and Skippy! XD).

Barry the cop who lost his best friend (Andrew). Perhaps this could be a good way to insert some NCPD questlines...

Sandra Dorset. Maybe some collaboration to find more Night Corp secrets - possibly tied together in the Peralez stuff that needs expanding.

Trauma Team missions... a few good possibilities there.

Viktor Vector. Feels like he was made into a great friend during the time-skip-prologue-thing, he gives you a small line-of-credit type loan thing, and he saves your life later [heist aftermath], but where's the rest? It's a bit like he's been hired as a stand in Dad or something...

Last edited:
Here's an easy one... I know this guy who is my best friend and then gets killed off 10 missions into the story... But I never actually get the friendship part of the storyline... We just cutscene from the second mission to the next mission and we are all of a sudden besties. Where are all the Jackie missions that make us actually friends?

Also, why are all the NCART stations actually in the game, the Tram tracks are visible on the map, the elevators work to take you to the platforms, the doors work like a fast travel, and there are even clocks indicating the next train time... But the fast-travels don't show on the map and the stations aren't fleshed out and why can't we ride the damn train?

Pacifica is missing half the storyline that was planned or they just tossed a whole zone in there as a big "coming soon" sign as the geometry is missing everywhere. Heywood also got alot cut out. The Stadium, Dockyards, Space Station, Space Center.. all are incomplete.

The Peralez story ends weird as do many others. Misty seemed shortened. And the whole Mayor getting killed thing... do we cause it by talking that guy down so he lives? He says he's gonna do it but does he? Do we ever get to find out more than just a radio announcement about the mayor being killed?

I've also tried to follow up on well over 50 shard messages about things supposed to happen here at this time and such...

It seems the most content missing requires scripted animations like picking something up or moving something with the hands...

But I'm near or over 300hrs, completed 4 of the 5 endings and 2 of the 3 life paths and I'd just be glad if they added even a fraction of the content back.

Here's an easy one... I know this guy who is my best friend and then gets killed off 10 missions into the story... But I never actually get the friendship part of the storyline... We just cutscene from the second mission to the next mission and we are all of a sudden besties. Where are all the Jackie missions that make us actually friends?

Well you have:

1. Life Path
2. Scavenger mission
3. Maelstrom Mission
4. Meeting with Dex
5. Heist

I am curious how many missions you'd think it would take to actually make Jackie feel fleshed out as V's bestie? You can't obviously have something like Alistair in Dragon Age where they only die at the end.

Well you have:

1. Life Path
2. Scavenger mission
3. Maelstrom Mission
4. Meeting with Dex
5. Heist

I am curious how many missions you'd think it would take to actually make Jackie feel fleshed out as V's bestie? You can't obviously have something like Alistair in Dragon Age where they only die at the end.

I get really into stories and didn't have a problem getting attached to Jackie but I feel like another 5 missions would have been great. I think I would have rather heard Jackie over Silverhand's commentary on a lot of the little side missions.

How interesting could the game had been if Jackie didn't die so early because we chose to make him keep the Biochip in his head instead. Later on, maybe we pass the chip into V's head.

Pretext and buildup for almost every relationship V has. And I don’t mean romance stuff here, I don’t care about that shit.

It just feels that the narrative pushes V to be head over heels for almost every character so fast, that the ”friendship” just feels awkward and kinda gay. From Jackie to Takenura to River to Evelyn to Judy...

I actually believe that they cut out half of the main story.

The "cyberpunk 2077"-splash screen appearing at the end of act 1? That's not only odd but goes against set principles.
In the first act, you are restricted to Watson. Usually a thing they do in the prologue.

When the journalists had their 4 hour hands on demo, they said that they only scratched the prologue. Not being able to play past Sandra Dorset within 4 hours, but reporting about cyberware is a bit odd.

Imho, our act one (heist and preparation to the heist) was meant to be the prologue in the original concept. By that logic, the second act and the introduction on Johnny silverhand was actually act one (makes sense).
Act 3 feels not really like an act 3 at all and is very, very short. The epilogues are not on par with the previous writing and feel artificial with lots of symbolism and tacked on emotions.

Pretext and buildup for almost every relationship V has. And I don’t mean romance stuff here, I don’t care about that shit.

It just feels that the narrative pushes V to be head over heels for almost every character so fast, that the ”friendship” just feels awkward and kinda gay. From Jackie to Takenura to River to Evelyn to Judy...

I'm confused as this game feels about the same time level for every other friendship in video games.
Post automatically merged:

When the journalists had their 4 hour hands on demo, they said that they only scratched the prologue. Not being able to play past Sandra Dorset within 4 hours, but reporting about cyberware is a bit odd.

Another way they lied to journalists seemed to be they gave an overpowered V to do that mission.

An introduction to the fixers and a gradual path to earning more respect for bigger jobs.

This.

I assumed Jackie was going to take V around to formally meet and greet the fixers at certain Street Rep levels, instead of the proximity phone calls we actually got.

"Hey choom, I know you've been busy collecting soda cans but take a break and meet me for lunch. I want to introduce you to someone."

Fair enough. You feel what you feel.

it's actually a pretty massive problem in lots of story driven games.

Mass effect 3 was a massive offender in that regard.

Shepard wakes up on earth an some beefed up and inked guy comes in and is suddenly my best buddy. My reaction was: who the fuck is that guy and why is he acting like we are best buddies.

Cyberpunk at least gives you the slide that shows Jacky taking you home with him after stranding in NC.

it's actually a pretty massive problem in lots of story driven games.

Mass effect 3 was a massive offender in that regard.

Shepard wakes up on earth an some beefed up and inked guy comes in and is suddenly my best buddy. My reaction was: who the fuck is that guy and why is he acting like we are best buddies.

Cyberpunk at least gives you the slide that shows Jacky taking you home with him after stranding in NC.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves the game industry has started to do over the last decade. Especially BioWare.

That needing and expecting gamers to go to other sources for major content and story development. Every medium should be fully self contained. You can explore further in other media, but each one needs to be its own digestible chunk.

Despite the fact I think Jessica Chobot is awesome, I will never, EVER, forgive BioWare for killing off Emily Wong on Twitter so she could effectively replace her in ME3.

Still mad just thinking about it.

Damn, that's a hell of a grudge to hold for so long.

I think I need help.

Peralez story looking like unfinished. Sure, if you was very observant there many details you can found(invisible flying car, mr Blue eyes). Many strange notes and if you bind this quest with Sandra Dorsett and her quest, possibly to consider that Night Corp is involved. But really this is just teases you hard. The extension of this story would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom