Story contradictions?

+
Story contradictions?

Did anyone notice this contradictions during the DLC missions? Because I did. During the Open Sesame quest some random lady asks you about Vesemir and you let her know that he died like a hero. At the end of the DLC if you choose to not confront the Man of Glass there's an option where you can ask him where Ciri is. He basically tells you that he can't spot her because of some sort of magic pointing the fact that she still is on the Isle of Mists. How is Vesemir dead if Geralt didn't even find Ciri yet?

While what you say does makes sense, it could also be so that he can not locate her because of her magic powers interfering? Her ability to move trough space and time, etc maybe?

How about the quest dead mans party, you have to fight 5 ghosts who are all using swords, but when you finally meet Vlodomir he cant even pick his sword up !!

How about the quest dead mans party, you have to fight 5 ghosts who are all using swords, but when you finally meet Vlodomir he cant even pick his sword up !!

Spectral swords vs real sword. The ghosts don't pick up actual weapons, they're just spectral - part of the ghosts so to speak. Vlod on the other hand tries to pick up his actual weapon.

Spectral swords vs real sword. The ghosts don't pick up actual weapons, they're just spectral - part of the ghosts so to speak. Vlod on the other hand tries to pick up his actual weapon.
yeah I got that part, but then why doesn't he have a spectral sword, it just seemed a bit odd.

yeah I got that part, but then why doesn't he have a spectral sword, it just seemed a bit odd.

It's a valid question for authors of the lore how that works. But my guess is: he could have. It probably is just a question of the spirit's will to generate a weapon in its hands*. But, you know, it just isn't the real deal.

*This is just a guess, though, and an often seen explanation in other universes. If that's how it works in the Witcherverse, only an author will be able to tell you.

Which would, of course, then raise the question "So how come a spectral sword can do damage?"

Did anyone notice this contradictions during the DLC missions? Because I did. During the Open Sesame quest some random lady asks you about Vesemir and you let her know that he died like a hero. At the end of the DLC if you choose to not confront the Man of Glass there's an option where you can ask him where Ciri is. He basically tells you that he can't spot her because of some sort of magic pointing the fact that she still is on the Isle of Mists. How is Vesemir dead if Geralt didn't even find Ciri yet?

This further leads to an issue that is bothering me since HoS came out:
regarding the time frame >>> when exactly does HoS happen. Before you finished W3 or after?

Because:
while playing the main game you had been east of Oxenfurt, and there had been no trace of any region that later "blinked" in when you finally installed HoS.
Weird.

OK, since you can branch off (one of the options of starting HoS) from the main game at any time, it should be possible to build up your version of Geralt, and then return to the main game and continue from where you had left before.
Now, if my memory serves me right, then I think I can remember an article that said that after installing and playing HoS the main quest of w3 would be closed (with only side/second quests, etc. left over).
The options of how one may start HoS actually are hinting the exact opposite.
Weird.

This further leads to an issue that is bothering me since HoS came out:
regarding the time frame >>> when exactly does HoS happen. Before you finished W3 or after?

Because:
while playing the main game you had been east of Oxenfurt, and there had been no trace of any region that later "blinked" in when you finally installed HoS.
Weird.

OK, since you can branch off (one of the options of starting HoS) from the main game at any time, it should be possible to build up your version of Geralt, and then return to the main game and continue from where you had left before.
Now, if my memory serves me right, then I think I can remember an article that said that after installing and playing HoS the main quest of w3 would be closed (with only side/second quests, etc. left over).
The options of how one may start HoS actually are hinting the exact opposite.
Weird.

You're getting things confused: There is an option to start HoS as a stand-alone experience. In that case, you will get a level 32 Geralt, some equipment and the main quest will indeed be finished, with side quests remaining to be done.

If you play HoS as a part of the whole game, aka with a savegame from your main campaign, your quest log will remain untouched - your progress with main and side quests will be the same as before activating HoS. You can start HoS any time you want, as long as you left White Orchard (though there might be logic issues if you attempt it too early).

Last but not least, you can't blame the game for not having the expansion's region before the expansion, right? They could have made all of HoS's content in a new distinct region, but their solution is actually much more graceful: HoS blends in seamlessly with the main game. Look at it that way: if you now start a new game, you have a new, bigger seamless experience including HoS.

When i was trying to romance Shani, Geralt didn't even mention he's "living happily ever after" with Yennefer at the moment. Hope they'll improve the integrity.

if his past is anything to go by, he would neglect to mention a relationship if he could get in her pants.

When i was trying to romance Shani, Geralt didn't even mention he's "living happily ever after" with Yennefer at the moment. Hope they'll improve the integrity.

Only way to keep 'integrity' here is not to flirt with Shani (impossibru, I know)
'Amnesia' excuse is not working here, it's just a dick move ( :lol: ) from Geralt :smiling2:

You're getting things confused: There is an option to start HoS as a stand-alone experience. In that case, you will get a level 32 Geralt, some equipment and the main quest will indeed be finished, with side quests remaining to be done.

If you play HoS as a part of the whole game, aka with a savegame from your main campaign, your quest log will remain untouched - your progress with main and side quests will be the same as before activating HoS. You can start HoS any time you want, as long as you left White Orchard (though there might be logic issues if you attempt it too early).

Last but not least, you can't blame the game for not having the expansion's region before the expansion, right? They could have made all of HoS's content in a new distinct region, but their solution is actually much more graceful: HoS blends in seamlessly with the main game. Look at it that way: if you now start a new game, you have a new, bigger seamless experience including HoS.

What about leveling high enough to reach the point of speaking to The Countess in "Open Sesame!" quest BEFORE doing "The Battle of Kaer Morhen" quest? Vesimir wouldn't be dead. haveanyone tried that?

One contradiction is when Radovid is dead and Nilfgaard already won the war, but Shani still need to go to the eastern front due to war.
You can also hear guards yell "Long live Radovid!".

I agree about the guards yelling "Long live Radovid", but the Redanians don't surrender instantly do they? I'd have assumed that the Eastern Front would continue to be a battlefront for weeks, if not months.

Guest 3847602

I agree about the guards yelling "Long live Radovid", but the Redanians don't surrender instantly do they? I'd have assumed that the Eastern Front would continue to be a battlefront for weeks, if not months.

I does, but the Redanian soldiers in White Orchard yell the same even in Dijkstra victory/Witcheress Epilogue. :D

Top Bottom