Story,game and books.**(SPOILERS)**

+
Dealing with a striga certainly can be a pain in the neck.
Geralt certainly seemed to get his neck out of joint..suspect Iola helped him forget it..He's in an old house now having dinner with some one who seems to have the appearance of Boris Johnson on acid..Nivellan I think he's called.

.Is that the temple where the Herbalist in White orchard said she was from I wonder?

Yes it is! You also work out why Geralt was injured by the Striga in the first place, it's the same reason why he decided to save Yennefer for seemingly no reason!

OVER 24 HRS SMOKE FREE NOW...Loved Last Wish...Met Toruviel,Yen,Ciri's folks (I suppose) and a host of others..of to sword of destiny now.")

OVER 24 HRS SMOKE FREE NOW...Loved Last Wish...Met Toruviel,Yen,Ciri's folks (I suppose) and a host of others..of to sword of destiny now.")

I expect you to finish the book in 1 day! I read them all in 8 days and 7 nights. Your turn :)

Nice with the smoking lol

I expect you to finish the book in 1 day! I read them all in 8 days and 7 nights. Your turn :)

Nice with the smoking lol
Cheers on a roll now!

---------- Post merged on 31-08-2016 at 07:12 AM ----------

Half-way through Time of contempt now and still enjoying books....can't help thinking author's gone a bit overboard on the constant estrangement of the two principles though.I get what he's trying to do but think the experience suffers for it,as the scenes envolving Yen & Geralt are electric.

@figulus01 haha yeah man, i think he even said himself he went a bit overboard with the relationship stuff! But i don't care in the end, it just goes to show that whatever they went through, they always get back together! There opposites and differences and huge but their love is extremely strong. Well actually their differences brought them together aswell ^^ but well... you get me, their relationship just works books into the games! Always back together.

@figulus01 haha yeah man, i think he even said himself he went a bit overboard with the relationship stuff! But i don't care in the end, it just goes to show that whatever they went through, they always get back together! There opposites and differences and huge but their love is extremely strong. Well actually their differences brought them together aswell ^^ but well... you get me, their relationship just works books into the games! Always back together.

Aye,read through the night and am about to start last book now...seems a series of two halves really, first half witchers second half time travelling Ciri..think the Ciri character got big on the author really quickly and arguably marginalised other characters a bit..subjective I suppose.

Aye,read through the night and am about to start last book now...seems a series of two halves really, first half witchers second half time travelling Ciri..think the Ciri character got big on the author really quickly and arguably marginalised other characters a bit..subjective I suppose.

U WOT, your on the last book already? wtf, that's like 3 days. lmao.

Don't forget to mention Yennefer :D Their own damn retirement home is named after them...

How is the smoking going :>

You are already at "The Lady of the Lake"...holy shit! You were quick! ;)

But yeah, the novels are building mainly about Ciri in the first place! About her Companions and the people who are searching for her!
I mean there are still many other point of views in the novels that are not only about Ciri!

But every book needs a leading Character! A character where the author can build a story around that special person!

Last edited:
U WOT, your on the last book already? wtf, that's like 3 days. lmao.

Don't forget to mention Yennefer :D Their own damn retirement home is named after them...

How is the smoking going :>
Aye good..still on the path.Cheer!

---------- Updated at 10:37 PM ----------

You are already at "The Lady of the Lake"...holy shit! You were quick! ;)QUOTE]

Yeah,for me playing the games first didn't work as I couldn't get used to the fact that in the books my character,Geralt, rapidly becomes secondary to other
people/events that I had less of an interest in.So,I guess I often found myself skim-reading to the next Geralt or Yen bit to see what happened to them..anyhoo
will finish Lady of the Lake then my current playthrough and see how I feel .

Damn...i am a idiot

It was a very silly mistake ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So,I guess I often found myself skim-reading to the next Geralt or Yen bit to see what happened to them..anyhoo

I did something similar, whenever the Yen or Yen/Geralt part finished i speeded up my reading, i didn't miss the information that was in the books but i read faster and then when Yennefer came back i slowed down and savored my favourite character for my pleasure of reading about her!

Last edited:
It was a very silly mistake ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I did something similar, whenever the Yen or Yen/Geralt part finished i speeded up my reading, i didn't miss the information that was in the books but i read faster and then when Yennefer came back i slowed down and savored my favourite character for my pleasure of reading about her!

Yea totally agree..loving early part of TLOTL as it appears Sapkowski missed Yeralt too and is homaging them early on...loving It!

---------- Post merged on 01-09-2016 at 04:12 AM ----------

Yea totally agree..loving early part of TLOTL as it appears Sapkowski missed Yeralt/Yen too and is homaging them early on...loving It!
Finished Lady of the lake..loved it! felt like Sapkowski was rewarding fans with the tying up of loose ends..much like BAW does for the games.(Also cool because i'll be heading to Toussaint soon in game...So stoked long suffering Geralt got his girl and that Ciri had her freedom..love it..
N.b. In one of the final scenes Galahad asks Ciri what became of Geralt and Yen and she,snorted, "oh they got married."
Why would she be unhappy about that? any thoughts?

Top Bottom