Story,game and books.**(SPOILERS)**

+
Yea totally agree..loving early part of TLOTL as it appears Sapkowski missed Yeralt too and is homaging them early on...loving It!

---------- Post merged on 01-09-2016 at 04:12 AM ----------

Finished Lady of the lake..loved it! felt like Sapkowski was rewarding fans with the tying up of loose ends..much like BAW does for the games.(Also cool because i'll be heading to Toussaint soon in game...So stoked long suffering Geralt got his girl and that Ciri had her freedom..love it..
N.b. In one of the final scenes Galahad asks Ciri what became of Geralt and Yen and she,snorted, "oh they got married."
Why would she be unhappy about that? any thoughts?

Whenever you get the time there is a novel that Sapkowski published in 2013 that is set before the saga (can't remember if it's in between the short stories and saga or not). It hasn't been officially translated yet, IIRC, but there is a fan translation. It isn't required reading but it has an interesting ending.

She's not unhappy. She's sad becouse that actually never happen. They both "die".
Well it doesn't say that and if they both died why bother with unicorns?
I think it's more likely she's crying because she realises she will never have that life or be able to share it with them.

---------- Updated at 06:41 AM ----------

Whenever you get the time there is a novel that Sapkowski published in 2013 that is set before the saga (can't remember if it's in between the short stories and saga or not). It hasn't been officially translated yet, IIRC, but there is a fan translation. It isn't required reading but it has an interesting ending.
Yea saw that, might have a look later,cheers.

Last edited:
but but...there is non-canon Sapkowski story about their wedding - if you want to read @figulus01 here is the fan translation - it is funny and nice story:

I know that. That's why I say that. I know that story but it's non canon. It's nice adding that's all.

Heck it's all fiction,sapkowski is old man now and may not write another witcher book...games are canon now!

Well if he really writes no other Witcher book anymore. than the games will be officially canon!

And yeah the ending of The Lady of the Lake is not really happy ending for me.

But as Geralt once said:" and they lived happily ever after", it isn't like that very often, sadly!"

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in minority but I don't want Sapkowski to continue the story after The Lady of The Lake...like it ended it is perfect in my opinion.

I have to say that, it would be nice if he would continue it, but it would be also okay if not! I mean...he is the author. It is his ending, and it is a Bittersweet ending but an Ending.

But it is also a big Cliffhanger in my Opinion, and like i said "bittersweet". But well...

The Witcher is no fairy tail...maybe the witcher just needs an Ending like that!

Aaaah I envy you for reading Lady of the Lake already! Hehehehe but naught to worry it will be released this month here, so I will also keep you updated about my thoughts.

Aaaah I envy you for reading Lady of the Lake already! Hehehehe but naught to worry it will be released this month here, so I will also keep you updated about my thoughts.
Cool ! You can join the great end debate!

---------- Updated at 10:13 AM ----------

Maybe I'm in minority but I don't want Sapkowski to continue the story after The Lady of The Lake...like it ended it is perfect in my opinion.
Have to agree..also I happen to think that the way the end is written it's more than likely a happy ending...otherwise why bother with unicorns at the end or bandages after the boat ride?..Lot's of people make the rather large assu
mption that Ciri's crying because they are dead,I believe the smaller and more logical assumption is that she misses them and realises it may be some time before she sees them again.
Also,In the 'making of the Witcher' CDPR revealed that Sapkowski told them that Geralt&Yen survived...

Last edited:
"oh they got married."
Why would she be unhappy about that? any thoughts

Well you can decide if they die or not. But i agree with how the games set it up. The Unicorn revived them but the effects were not immediate. Ciri sailed them to a place called Avalon where few people can ever enter and they are basically left their to live together forever. Ciri is sad because she has left them on an island by themselves and she most probably can never see them again. Although the Wild Hunt seemed to know that Yennefer/Geralt was there.

---------- Updated at 12:36 PM ----------

Also,In the 'making of the Witcher' CDPR revealed that Sapkowski told them that Geralt&Yen survived...

Is this true?!?!? Easy Sapkowski then! I thought it was pretty obvious that they didn't die because we was told earlier in the books that a Unicorn's horn can heal or kill anything. (Or something similar) then a unicorn comes back at the end to repay Ciri for saving his life so now he will save Geralt/Yen. The reason why Ciri is sad is because she has left them for what she thought would be "forever" on their own island. Avalon is like the isle of Mists from Witcher 3, it exists but how do you get there? Need a special way.

Well you can decide if they die or not. But i agree with how the games set it up. The Unicorn revived them but the effects were not immediate. Ciri sailed them to a place called Avalon where few people can ever enter and they are basically left their to live together forever. Ciri is sad because she has left them on an island by themselves and she most probably can never see them again. Although the Wild Hunt seemed to know that Yennefer/Geralt was there.

---------- Updated at 12:36 PM ----------

Is this true?!?!? Easy Sapkowski then! I thought it was pretty obvious that they didn't die because we was told earlier in the books that a Unicorn's horn can heal or kill anything. (Or something similar) then a unicorn comes back at the end to repay Ciri for saving his life so now he will save Geralt/Yen. The reason why Ciri is sad is because she has left them for what she thought would be "forever" on their own island. Avalon is like the isle of Mists from Witcher 3, it exists but how do you get there? Need a special way.[/QUOTE
Saw it mentioned on an ealier forum...and I never believed they were killed either..just taken to safety and healed..also who says they stayed there?
if the wedding took place they wouldn't have shipped all the guests there would they?
As to Ciri's reactions at that moment,when asked by Galahad,She snorted,"oh they got married." Snorted,that's idignance not sorrow..as if to say that she was momentarily jealous of their status...of course later on she got a little emotional but that could of been a myriad of things..longing,seperation..

Saw it mentioned on an ealier forum...and I never believed they were killed either..just taken to safety and healed..also who says they stayed there?
if the wedding took place they wouldn't have shipped all the guests there would they?
As to Ciri's reactions at that moment,when asked by Galahad,She snorted,"oh they got married." Snorted,that's idignance not sorrow..as if to say that she was momentarily jealous of their status...of course later on she got a little emotional but that could of been a myriad of things..longing,seperation..

Exactly. She simply missed them dearly because before they was talking about living together as a family and now she has left them as a couple while she goes off and does her own thing. There are many pointers to say that they don't die, you can see it. The unicorn appearing at just the right moment is just to much to be a coincidence. It's come back to repay its debt it owns to Ciri. Ciri misses them terribly, she has left them and we don't know if Ciri even knows how to go back so to her not being able to see her parents again is almost the same as them dying. However once the Wild Hunt gets thing's going and Ciri finds out about Geralt/Yen back in the "real" world she rescues Geralt, while Geralt/Yens "retirement" on Avalon is destroyed and they are dragged back into the old world of politics, The Path, kings and shit. They thought they had finished with all that! ahaha, ahh well. The ending in the games for Geralt/Yen is a more satisfying ending, because they get exactly what they got at the end of the books except this time they are in the real world not a secluded world, so Ciri can theoretically visit them whenever she feels like it.

I agree, but another stand-alone story like Season of Storms could be fun- something before Sodden and Geralt finding Ciri.

I agree, but another stand-alone story like Season of Storms could be fun- something before Sodden and Geralt finding Ciri.

Yes, I'm one of the people who think that Lady of the lake has a perfect ending (although I really do think that this book has moments which are one of the greatest in entire saga, but there are also few thing that...I don't know maybe Sapko should work a little longer on that book).

Anyway, there are plenty stories to tell - sth about G&Y in Vengerberg, little bit more about Visenna and her motivations, or anything that would expand knowledge about sorceresses, especially Tissaia or Triss for me. Or anything, Witcher universe can be expanded, but better not after Lady of the lake

Last edited:
Yes, I'm one of the people who think that Lady of the lake has a perfect ending (although I really do think that this is a book has moments who are one of the greatest in entire saga, but there are also few thing that...I don't know maybe Sapko should work a little longer on that book).

Anyway, there are plenty stories to tell - sth about G&Y in Vengerberg, little bit more about Visenna and her motivations, or anything that would expand knowledge about sorceresses, especially Tissaia or Triss for me. Or anything, Witcher universe can be expanded, but better not after Lady of the lake

I disagree. If he writes a new story i want it after Lady of the Lake and i would also hope he doesn't fuck up Geralt & Yennefer and they have a happy relationship, i want arguments and i want big disagreements but no heartbreaking break-ups and running away or Geralt shagging another woman. No more! The problem with those prequel books is there isn't as big an interest in what happens, a story about sodden, G/Y in Vengerberg, Tissaia, you know how it ends so i just don't see the desire to read it. Same with the Star Wars Prequels, other than being pretty shit films the story was weak because you know what happens.

Same with the Star Wars Prequels, other than being pretty shit films the story was weak because you know what happens.

I disagree, there were bad, because they had shitty scripts and that's all (maybe revange of siths was a slightly better). Showing how republic has fallen, how Empire became so powerful and how Anakin became a Vader - it could have been great if it was executed well.

And what can you show after lady of the lake? Ciri is in trouble again, and G&Y are trying to save her again, or turn it upside down and make it G&Y in trouble and Ciri rescuing them? Few years agO Sapkowski used to say that there cannot be a continuation because you cannot continue story after the ending. Right now I'm a little bit afraid that he might break his word and write sth: 1. for money 2. to piss off some people :D

And what can you show after lady of the lake? Ciri is in trouble again, and G&Y are trying to save her again, or turn it upside down and make it G&Y in trouble and Ciri rescuing them?

CDPR did a really fucking good job of continuing the story and unless Sapkowski writes a new book i follow the books into the games. Witcher 1/2/3 were great continuations of his story and by the time he gets his memory back in the Witcher 3 the Wild Hunt and the war along with Yen/Ciri/Emhyr/Dijkstra and other book characters returning really made for a great experience. I like how Dijkstra talks about Thanedd if you ask him, saying if he could go back in time he would of killed Geralt not arrested him. He says that straight to his face lol :D

Right now I'm a little bit afraid that he might break his word and write sth

If he does write something after LOTL, everyone will now view that as the official continuation of the ending of LOTL. But it doesn't seem likely he will.

Top Bottom