Story line suggestions!

+
I really like the story arc in witcher 3, the part the wildhunt attacks the witcher castle,
the witcher castle always felt like a home to me, and being forced to flee from it, makes the story more unpredictable and the uncertainly of the characters future gave a much stronger adventure feel to the story.

So I really want some quests to trigger the similar event, where our home is will be under siege, and we are forced to abandon it, just like John Wick 2,
or like Freelancer, a really old space figher game, where we are force to leave Earth, because aliens have infritrated the Earth system, and we are forced to work with the Rogue forces, all the side quest up to that point are automatically abandon, which is really cool, feels like I am playing a new game in the middle of the story, need to flee very far away to start up again.

What I didn't like about Skyrim and GTA is also this, dragons and police are chasing the character, but if you make it in the house, the character will be safe, the house never breaks, and we keep dropping our gears down, then go on another side quests or main quest.
Even tho they improved a bit in Fallout, where your can be under attack, there is never a sense of dramatic change in the story until the end.

I guess what I really want its a surprise turn in the story, a sense of uncertainly and drives the story in new directions, rather than finish quest after quest.
I felt the bordem in Skyrim when i completed like 40/50 side quests, just feels repetitive, even the main quest doesn't change the world at all.

I guess thats why they put world changing event in the main quest end of Fallout 4, thats the part i found most fascinating, the problem is after the main story is complete, the story kind of stopped there, but to be honest, they can really build a new whole story line from that point, which will make the game and story so much more in depth and good, like what do we do after we help the synths destroy the surrface, where is story going next, what will the world turn into, can we regret our path and try to fix the end? something like that.
I was really hoping there is main quest after this, but there is no more story other than the side quests left.

Not trying to tell you guys what to do or anything, the video preview is amazing, and i hope can play it soon, just giving some suggestions on the story in my opinon.

Main story line is the core of RPG, it need have enough material and and twists to make us feel the same as the character, where we both don't know what the future holds, where is the storying is going, and are anxious and excited to see what happends next.

Just exploring the open world will make the game too pale, as we see in No Man Sky, players are given so much to explore, but lacks the drive and story that interests us to do it.

PS: As a easter egg, please name a vehicle brand “Roach”!Maybe the CEO of the company is Ciri, lol

Thanks for reading it, if you guys had the time!

Maybe their is job where you have to find these part for a scientists "EJB" for "weather device" so go around the city collecting parts for this scientist and sending/bringing to him.

You end up finding that this isn't "Weathe device" but a time machine and this guy is from the past. So maybe if you were nice to this scientist his gives clothing that looks like in game back to the future 2 and coordinates to place in the city.

But I won't be easy to find this place but when you do. You get a special reward, CD PROJEKT RED version of the DeLorean from back to the future and maybe some other treasures.

So, in 4chan long time ago we had this plot idea:
¿Remember the credit-card from the demo? You can use it to put a virus in the cyber-thugs and get the spider or you can try to get enought money to not use it and keep it.
So...
Lets say you keep the key for the entire game, and in one of the last quest of Corpo-bitch(the one from the demo) use it in the ``main-computer´´ of his corporation to fuck everything and get her involved (since was his virus).
Keeping the key will be really hard because it unlocks the easy mode in this mission.
Can be a cool achievement.

One of my favs things in TW3 was interacting with the Trolls , you didn`t have to kill them . You could talk to them and get around your objective and they were funny as hell . It would be good to have something like that in CP2077 .

Also it annoyed me in Skyrim when NPC`s didn`t recognize my achievements , like i am the Arch Mage and NPC ask what are you doing here . So it would be good if the world around you knew of your deeds both good and bad .

Last edited:
well I hope the stories fall in line with cyberpunk 2020. they should use the adventure books as examples of what a cyberpunk story should be. Green War and Euro tour are few of my favorites.

Last edited:
I'm optimistic for this game, but, at the same time, it's understandable that we won't see all the different stories we'd like to take part in as a player character happen in the game.
In that respect, I'm somewhat hoping that modding support might somehow get implemented, however such a thing might happen. If implemented, then, we could then add those stories as side quests.

For instance, your character gets a call from an old friend, or relative new to town, asking you to come by for a drink, and, maybe talk about something they could use some help on.
The character arrives at the building location to find it cordoned off by police with tactical units entering the building.
Asking bystanders, or a plain-clothes officer at the cordon what's happening seems to imply someone with cyber-psychosis has gone nuts, and started killing the residents. For fear of your friend/relative, you're compelled to slip the cordon, or talk your way inside.
You work your way through wreckage, obstacles, bodies, hostile police mistaking you for the problem to find ... your friend/relative dead, and now you feel compelled to get payback, or, maybe your friend/relative is the one causing all the trouble and you have to stop them through any number of means.
Quest rewards could be the apartment itself, the usual fare of items, gear, etc, or even another quest in a chain of quests in reference to the initial quest trigger call implying discussion of something the friend/relative might need help with.
Quest rewards could vary depending how the player tackles the initial quest in a potential chain.
It's not inspired writing by any means, but, it's a story that could lead to other stories, with an overarching story of a quest chain that could have several moving parts, and compartments.

One could explore atmospheric story-telling by creating an area where the player's senses are diminished or compromised. Have a whole quest where a piece of technology disables the player character's hearing, disabling all sound for a period, or, have the character's head get partially hacked/compromised with augmented reality to where the player character doesn't know what's real, or just a hallucination created by the head-hack.

I don't know how extensive the road system is for Night City, but, I think it could potentially be interesting if there was a street racer scene.
One could plausibly make the acquaintance of a street racer (independent or gang affiliated) working on his/her car for the next race against rival street-racers/gangs.
We haven't heard anything that I recall regarding street racer gangs, but, it's not implausible.
Getting into street racing could be introduced in a side-quest chain that involves sabotaging rival gang cars, and doing a yoink on performance parts to give your street racer acquaintance; to give them a little extra edge in an upcoming race.
Such a thing could culminate in racer peep getting their skull caved in for the dirty dealings before the race, or perhaps their whole car is stolen, where you then have to steal the car back, and/or take racer peeps place in the race as an additional minigame. You could also get to keep the car for some whatever reason.
It wouldn't have to be something that's required doing for the main story line, but, just an involved chain-linked series of side quests that unlocks the option to participate in street racing.
The street racing could, similar as seen in the demo-video, involve Death Race 2000 rules where racers shoot at each other.
Once street racing is unlocked, it could be a repetitive side-activity for eddies, street cred, fun and prizes.

If such a thing isn't part of the game, or not added as a DLC, then, as per my previous post, I hope there's modding support enough to make it happen.
There's so many stories that could be implemented against the background of Night City in CP 2077. Here's to hoping for such variety that we find ourselves pausing in amazement of the ingenuity and talent the dev team, and writers put into giving us a whole range of surprising stories to show off and take advantage of most all the mechanics this game engine has to offer us.

Here I go again:

While exploring one of the less than acceptable areas of the city, you find (or if your street cred is high enough, you're contacted by) a Real Estate Developer.
They're in a bit of a pinch if you find them and you have to rescue them from some thugs. If you've been contacted, then, you find them in the same chancy situation when you go to meet, and must save their bacon.
Down to business - The Real Estate Developer has designs on cleaning up the neighborhood, remodeling ... the usual slum lord song and dance of running out the "riff-raff" to make way for shiny happy people with lots of money to fill the developer's pockets.
Take the job, or not; your decision. If you do, you're given a series of shady business, less-than satisfying quests to clean out buildings, eliminate gangs, squatters, vagrants, hobo camps etc.
After each building, remodeling and construction can begin, and if you show up at one of the locations you cleaned out, there's work crews busy at work, remodeling, rebuilding (Progress on buildings happens over time as you go back to visit on occasion, or, is completed after some arbitrary X in-game time) ... but, sometimes there's trouble. You're called to deal with that trouble, and you recommend hiring some cheap security, so, each job site then also gets a small security detail to protect the workers.
Some of the sites you're told to clean out present the old questions concerning the morality of your actions ... and, if you don't do it, someone else WILL ... or do you go back and kill the Real Estate developer(?) ... but, they're just a cog too, and someone will replace them ... so, how does one deal with this mess?
Are you a good errand boy/girl and clean out all the locations?
One of the sites might contain an old forgotten secret location; a bunker, a misfit luddite community, something of interest that presents a story challenge.
How do you work through this series of jobs?
Do you find another other scumbag Real Estate Developer to Yojimbo back and forth between your original client until both are ruined? What do you do?

Quest chain reward could be a new fancy apartment, possibly leveraged through blackmail regarding all the dirty deeds that were done to get the place built. ... or any number of other things like new contacts, as well as the street cred, and usual coin for doing errands.

Last edited:
Something ... anything involving extracting someone trapped in the Soulkiller ...
Also a side quest with as emotional punch / development and thought as The Bloody Baron.

... not that any of these suggestions are getting eyeballs, I'm still compelled to post them.
I get manic episodes, so, I gotta gotta.

Anyway ...
It might be fun to have a nod in the direction of The Matrix.
Your player character comes across an old analog phone, or phone booth, and it's ringing.
You've heard of this bygone technology. You didn't think any of these were still around. Do you pick it up?
If yes, then, enter the head-hack where all your firewalls are breached and your senses are transported into a virtual reality.
This quest could plausibly not be made available until the player character has the requisite hardware installed to get hacked into a forced VR experience.
Your body is still standing where is was a moment ago, but, subjectively, you've been transported somewhere else.
This could just be an Easter egg nod to that film franchise without any meat or action involved, going far enough to get the point across without copyright infringement, or, there could be more to it; a quest to help a netrunner that designed this trap to get your attention without exposing themselves, an escape room puzzle designed as an audition of your skills to see if you're worth hiring for a job, there's a number of ways such a device could be played out to add memorable, worthwhile content.

Edit/Update:
When you exit the VR and are back in the real world, if you arrived at the location by car, your car is missing, and in it's place is an ominous black armored corpo air transport like we saw in the game play demo with the Militech folks.
With this spooky armored air transport, we also get some Heavy Duty guys and girls in tactical kit, and they want to talk to YOU.
"Where's my effing car!" you're probably thinking.
The whole situation has gotten more interesting.
You can try to fight them, if you want. That probably would not be wise. If, however, you do, and, you somehow succeed, you'll learn from one survivor the same thing you would have if you just talked to them.
They're a tactical corpo unit that's been tracking that net runner for months, and were alerted to that location when the netrunner's digital fingerprint pinged at that location. Since you're not the droid they're looking for, they'd like to offer you a job ... to keep in contact with this netrunner until they can lock down his/her physical location.
Why does everything have to be so complicated?
Now, it's your place to feck off the whole thing and ignore them all ... but, hey, the corpos still have your car, work for the netrunner while pretending to work for the corpos, or, work for the corpos while pretending to help the netrunner, or, perhaps, find some other angle.
Decisions, decision, and more decisions. Hopefully you've got a decent Intelligence stat to figure your way out of this mess to maximum potential.
Myabe you have friends that can help you?

That's all I got on this one.
Yes, all these story idea posts are broad brush spitballs, but, no one's contacted me to say I'm getting a writing credit, or patting me on the head, so, there's not much more encouragement for putting much detail on these spit balls.
Whatever the case, if my squirrel cage rattles with something, I'll probably be back again and again to add yet another other more 'nother thing. :)

Last edited:
Here I go again:

While exploring one of the less than acceptable areas of the city, you find (or if your street cred is high enough, you're contacted by) a Real Estate Developer.
They're in a bit of a pinch if you find them and you have to rescue them from some thugs. If you've been contacted, then, you find them in the same chancy situation when you go to meet, and must save their bacon.
Down to business - The Real Estate Developer has designs on cleaning up the neighborhood, remodeling ... the usual slum lord song and dance of running out the "riff-raff" to make way for shiny happy people with lots of money to fill the developer's pockets.
Take the job, or not; your decision. If you do, you're given a series of shady business, less-than satisfying quests to clean out buildings, eliminate gangs, squatters, vagrants, hobo camps etc.
After each building, remodeling and construction can begin, and if you show up at one of the locations you cleaned out, there's work crews busy at work, remodeling, rebuilding (Progress on buildings happens over time as you go back to visit on occasion, or, is completed after some arbitrary X in-game time) ... but, sometimes there's trouble. You're called to deal with that trouble, and you recommend hiring some cheap security, so, each job site then also gets a small security detail to protect the workers.
Some of the sites you're told to clean out present the old questions concerning the morality of your actions ... and, if you don't do it, someone else WILL ... or do you go back and kill the Real Estate developer(?) ... but, they're just a cog too, and someone will replace them ... so, how does one deal with this mess?
Are you a good errand boy/girl and clean out all the locations?
One of the sites might contain an old forgotten secret location; a bunker, a misfit luddite community, something of interest that presents a story challenge.
How do you work through this series of jobs?
Do you find another other scumbag Real Estate Developer to Yojimbo back and forth between your original client until both are ruined? What do you do?

Quest chain reward could be a new fancy apartment, possibly leveraged through blackmail regarding all the dirty deeds that were done to get the place built. ... or any number of other things like new contacts, as well as the street cred, and usual coin for doing errands.

This one sounds very CDPR . Do you toss out the orphans who are starving ..... no i couldn`t do that . Only to find out 3 hours later those orphans are a group of training assassins like Black Widow .
Post automatically merged:

Something ... anything involving extracting someone trapped in the Soulkiller ...
Also a side quest with as emotional punch / development and thought as The Bloody Baron.

I would love to meet Alt in this type of quest line .

No matter what you do, I want this girl from the teaser trailer to be an NPC in the game:

Cyberpunk-2077.jpg

(If she already isn't that is)

This character has been with us for years. Even with the absence of any knowledge of the game, she was always there. Her story from the teaser should be in the game. Armor of the guy who stopped and recruited her should also be in the game. I don't have the words to describe how much I will be disappointed with the game if this isn't the case. Because for so many years, that teaser meant so much for me.. for all of us. It was everything we had and I know it served its purpose, but it would be extremely disappointing for me if the teaser died there... if it wasn't part of the Cyberpunk game in some fashion.

Please CDPR, make it so.

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if she's not part of the final release but with that said, i agree with both of your requests especially the armor/cyberware of the Psycho Squad member being available to the player or at least something as similar as possible, yes, very much so!

2nd Edit:
We know, or, have been told that we won't be able to "harvest" cyberware from all the countless enemies we wind up giving X's for eyes.
However, there's that Scav gang highlighted at the beginning of the game play demo, and, they're a little bit upset about you putting the tilt on their operation.
Perhaps there could be a resolution?
After you cut through 100 baddies in a mission location like a blender, you can chirp the scavs, give them the location, and in return, they give you a cut of the profit, and, perhaps, choice pick of any really interesting cyberware they find.
It could be an optional less-unethical solution to their business model where they can keep doing what they do, but, they're doing it to baddies that you've already sent off to cyber-heaven. They profit, you profit, and innocent folks don't get got.
:)

Addendum/Edit:
IF you can't, or don't make nice with the Scavs, well, they DO seem pretty upset, and they seem like they can hold a grudge.
Even if you DO make nice with them, well, can they REALLY be trusted?
Wouldn't it be interesting if V got a "milk run" job through his/her fixer that sounds easy enough to go on without any support, but, unknowingly walks into an ambush, and V winds up up waking up on a table missing arms, legs, and/or other important parts getting rescued by Jackie, and/or other allies that learned of the ambush too late and rushed to your rescue ... coming full circle with that first mission.
It wouldn't have to be a mandatory mission, but, by skipping it, or reloading to an earlier save where V doesn't have to go through such a horror show, V loses the opportunity to go through a whole recovery montage; getting new arms, legs, parts, whatever, getting better, building back up, and starting a hunt for every Scav that ever existed, and anyone that ever supported them.
V for Vendetta ... or something like that. :) ... and all the things, unique locations, even, perhaps one of a kind items that could come out of that protracted over several different missions throughout the progression of the game that would otherwise not exist, and be locked out from the player if that one mission is passed up.

Last edited:
No matter what you do, I want this girl from the teaser trailer to be an NPC in the game:

View attachment 10990351
(If she already isn't that is)

This character has been with us for years. Even with the absence of any knowledge of the game, she was always there. Her story from the teaser should be in the game. Armor of the guy who stopped and recruited her should also be in the game. I don't have the words to describe how much I will be disappointed with the game if this isn't the case. Because for so many years, that teaser meant so much for me.. for all of us. It was everything we had and I know it served its purpose, but it would be extremely disappointing for me if the teaser died there... if it wasn't part of the Cyberpunk game in some fashion.

Please CDPR, make it so.

I am sure i read somewhere one of the Devs said she would be in game , wouldn't she be an awesome companion .

I would like to have a lot of underground areas where you could fight/work for different factions.

I think corporations story plots have gr8 potential even if u can't join them
like building relations with corpos / making the enemies in their rival corp or gang by doing business with them

4 example:
u do business with Arasaka and help out some Arasaka troopers being attacked by Militech
it makes Militech less likely 2 make business with u or h8 u, but improves relations with Arasaka unlocking new interactions with them, discounts, making Arasaka troopers help u when they see u being attacked or being able 2 buy Arasaka assault team 2 support u in some battle

okay, so, this one is silly, and it's meant to be silly.
We saw THIS GUY in one of the CP 2077 videos for a split second.
Cyberpunk 2077 wallmart gocart guy-smaller.jpg

There's got to be a story there.
He doesn't look like he's got any cyberware, and he's just roll'n around in Night City, one of the most dangerous and violent cities, like he give zero F*cks about anyone or what they think.

If this guy doesn't have a story, then, I want to give him one.
I'll call him Optimus Rhyme.
If you attack him, it triggers a cut scene where his scooter transforms into a fully articulated, fully enclosed exo-suit with a blue and red color scheme ... resembling a certain Autobot with a similar name and color scheme.

From there, a dance-off rap battle will commence where Optimus Rhyme blasts you with sick beats and the story of his journey to this planet to save it from the impostor Defectivcons that can only pretend to be masters of the Cybertonica Lyrica Beat.
Your dance skills and use of lyrical lexicon employment will be tested, and if you pass, you're recruited to seek out these pretender Defectivcons, and given little token to signify your allegiance with Optimus Rhyme to rid the world of bad music ... or, something along those lines.

It wouldn't even need be that complex. Guy could just me an immortal "secret" gimmick character. He rolls around Night City, and you only ever discover the "secret" by attacking him. He transforms into Optimus Rhyme, does a little song and dance, then transforms back without any other additional interaction options. Attack him, and he transforms and does a song and dance.

Yes, it's stupid. Yes, it's silly. That's kind of the point. If the game doesn't have a sense of humor and refuses to laugh at itself and other franchises, then, that's just a little bit sad. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom