Story speculation and the tower of Swallows

+
Story speculation and the tower of Swallows

After having this screenshot as my wallpaper for some time, I recently connected that this could be the Tower Of The Swallow/Gull. Any of you who are familiar with the novel's plot will be familiar with the location. With the inclusion of Ciri I think it would be very likely we may get to see some action in the towers! View attachment 10210

Attachments

• the-witcher-3-tower-wallpaper.jpg
    the-witcher-3-tower-wallpaper.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 2,335
Swallow's Tower should be south of yaruga river, near Nazair, not close to main locations of W3. And I wouldn't like to see it; I hated time/world travel stuff in the books.

Scryar

Forum veteran
Swallow's Tower should be south of yaruga river, near Nazair, not close to main locations of W3. And I wouldn't like to see it; I hated time/world travel stuff in the books.
Kaer Morhen isn't anywhere near Skellige/Velen as well and it's still in the game. And they said, there are several smaller hubs, so I wouldn't exclude the possibility that we will visit the swallow tower. I also think that time/worldtravel apects can enhance the story if they are done right like in Witcher 1. Actually I hope we will visit Tir Na Lia,.

Kaer Morhen isn't anywhere near Skellige/Velen as well and it's still in the game. And they said, there are several smaller hubs, so I wouldn't exclude the possibility that we will visit the swallow tower. I also think that time/worldtravel apects can enhance the story if they are done right like in Witcher 1. Actually I hope we will visit Tir Na Lia,.

I'm not saying it can't be in the game nor it shouldn't be. I personally wouldn't like to see time/world travel stuff being important in this story. I can't help but feel that it takes away from the importance of witcher's world/earthly matters(like the ongoing war) when it's shown in your face that there is a 100 universes beside the one you're living in.

Definitely understand what you are saying.
If its executed right it could be quite awesome, and I think it would fit in with the game's arching plot.

I had a thought lately, watching the Elder Blood trailer: there's a shot where Ciri's running through a forest - I think that the dreams that Geralt was having at the very beginning of W1 & 2 were actually Ciri's cries for help. That was the case in the books too.
This may point to the fact that despite the previous titles were very much independent games (story-wise) the third part may recap a lot of parts that seemingly weren't too meaningful.

I had a thought lately, watching the Elder Blood trailer: there's a shot where Ciri's running through a forest - I think that the dreams that Geralt was having at the very beginning of W1 & 2 were actually Ciri's cries for help. That was the case in the books too.
This may point to the fact that despite the previous titles were very much independent games (story-wise) the third part may recap a lot of parts that seemingly weren't too meaningful.

I don't think it will cover pre-Witcher 3. I think it will be like: Geralt will investigate what happened to Ciri at a particular place as he tries to find her, once he got true and/or false information, we'll play as Ciri to see what really happened maybe a few days ago. It's been hinted this way.

Top Bottom