Strange effect after drinking an elyxir

+
Strange effect after drinking an elyxir

After drinking an elyxir called Blizzard or something like that (I'm playing the Russian version so I'm not usre about the names of the things) tha witcher becomes extremely quick and the whole screen mode is misty and unclear while moving. The effect of the spell they say is short, 20 minutes but 2 days has come and nothing has changes. The whole view is still misty. Wnat shall I do?!!!

Near the Medallion there are symbols of each potion or spell. Is it still present there?Maybe try to have a rest, I mean meditate for an hour for example.

No, the symbol of the portion isn't there. And I've already meditated several times. :-\

That is indeed strange... We'll have to wait dor some REDs to answer it then.Have you installed the 1.1a patch?

No, what is it for? But I've just tried to drink the same portion and after the effect had gone everything got back to normal. :D I lost the portion though which is a pity :(

kezzyn said:
No, what is it for? But I've just tried to drink the same portion and after the effect had gone everything got back to normal. :D I lost the portion though which is a pity :(
There was a bug similar to this in 1.0. I HIGHLY suggest you install 1.1a (unless you are pirating the game which would be the only reason not to install the patch).

I play with 1.1a and I have the same problem.I installed the game, installed 1.1 just afterwards, started to play, then installed 1.1aI drunk a Blizzard potion for fitghting the Beast: my screen got blurry (kindof "slowmotion"), and thought it was due to the potion (my Intoxication bar was about 30%)I'm now in Act II doing various quests, my Intoxication bar is 0%, and I still suffer from this graphics effect.Annoying as it gives some headaches after a while (without mentionning the disturbance, specially during fights).I changed various graphics options without any result.Any advice please ?Thank you

I have another question on the same topic - I've noticed this after drinking Blizzard elixir, but later it appeared again after Swallow, I think... The thing is, red dots start appearing here and there, when Blizzard takes effect... I have two guesses about the reason of this - first is my GF(thou it doesn't look like artifacts to me) and second is intoxication level rising, hence red spots it Geralt's eyes?

Maegnar said:
I have another question on the same topic - I've noticed this after drinking Blizzard elixir, but later it appeared again after Swallow, I think... The thing is, red dots start appearing here and there, when Blizzard takes effect... I have two guesses about the reason of this - first is my GF(thou it doesn't look like artifacts to me) and second is intoxication level rising, hence red spots it Geralt's eyes?
I notice red spots when dringking the Cat elixir. I too think its a game feature, IE your intoxication level rising

When you're intoxicated at about 50% -60% the red dots appear and if you continue, at about 80% you start hearing Geralts heart beat.

Red dots appear at 50%. Took me a while to figure out. I'm high on pots a lot of the time.Is there any -actual- detrimental effects to high toxicity, except "don't reach 100 or you die a painful death"?

Luckmann said:
Red dots appear at 50%. Took me a while to figure out. I'm high on pots a lot of the time.Is there any -actual- detrimental effects to high toxicity, except "don't reach 100 or you die a painful death"?
I've noticed my health suddenly decreasing.

i got the same problem. i drank blizzard, fought the hellhound and then everything got blurred n the effect did not stop even after meditating, drinking white honey, :-[ or just waiting for sth to happen. Is it a bug? Are the devs informed about it? i have not used blizzard ever since. Maybe i should try it out again and see if the blurring effect happens again.

I didnt understand before but I do now.I think its a bug, I too used blizard to fight the beast.. and after defeating the beast, even when the potion wore off, the screen was still doing to "blur" FX untill the cut scene into the city. then it went away.

Hi Meditation does NOT cancel this effect.Only drinking Blizzard again removes the persistent (that is, over several hours "witcher life" as well as gameplay) effectSeems to be a bug(not to be confused with standard intoxication of course, which does vanish after some meditation _ usually 1 hour)

???WTF, I also had the same issue, and thought it to be a bug - but it disappeared when I meditated after killing the beast. O_O

Darth39Mael said:
???WTF, I also had the same issue, and thought it to be a bug - but it disappeared when I meditated after killing the beast. O_O
I think we're getting confused here.... the blur effects are part of the game, its an in game "under the influence" effect of taking the Blizard Potion. Meditating for the rest of the potion duriation will remove the effects.However....The BUG is when the potion wears off naturally (ie NOT through Meditation), you will still see the blur effects as if your still under the influence of the potion and Meditation does not cancel its effects because as far as the game is concerned your not under the influence there for there is no need to change any charicter settings, inc graphics ;) . I have found Saveing and reloading helps for me..

Top Bottom