Strange problem with stutter...

+
Strange problem with stutter...

Hi there,
Here is my problem, it's rather strange, i hope someone could help, i explain:
Everytime i launch TW3 (steam, latest version, 1.12), i have a curious stutter, not regular, it's more like streaming issues with a micro freeze, it happens every 15s approx.
The thing is, if i shut the game and launch it again, these micro freeze totally disapear..
More strange, if i let the game on the 1st launch, these micro freeze disapear too after 1/2mn...
It's like a car which need to heat up...
I've tried a lot of things with NVInspector or NVCP... nothing, to not have these 2mn with micro freeze, i have to shut it and re-launch it...
This happened with all drivers since 362.00 (i had my rig when 362.00 released)

My spec:
MSI Z97 G45 Gaming
I7 4770k
2 x 970gtx MSI 4G Gaming
16go X-Fury
Win 10 Pro 64bits
Nvidia latest drivers (364.51)
1080p everything Ultra (hairworks on aa x 8 )

OC or not, same problem
I'd like to just launch the game, and play it without the need to boot it 2 times.
What can be the cause?
Checked with Afterburner, gpu/cpu usage is the same on the 1st and 2nd boot, but 1st boot stutter, 2nd is perfect 60fps locked... Everytime... even after a fresh windows boot it's the same, 1st boot stutter or micro freeze every 15 sec during 2mn, 2nd boot 60fps locked godness...
Help plz, it drives me mad, i have no explanation...
Thx by advance :)

Last edited:
You will want to ensure that the game is locked at 60 FPS. It's not a title that likes to run at anything over 60, as that creates syncing issues and skipped frames, which can lead to a host of other issues.

Set your monitor refresh rate to 60 Hz. Save 120 and 144 Hz for shooters and action games.

Also, be sure that you have your power settings on "Prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia Control Panel.

Lastly, there are a few areas in each map that simply stutter -- not graphics-related -- seemingly, no matter what you do. They're small areas, and it should correct itself once you leave. Never been able to correct this even slightly, though certain patch versions seem to have made it better / worse.

Top Bottom