Strange things people want in this game

+
I see you're not very good at this. If it's too obvious it loses it's impact.

Perhaps the greatest surprise is a thread based on ridiculing ideas presented by others made it three pages. :)
Ridicule wasn't my intent. Just wondered what others thought were game suggestions they thought were odd or made no sense given the game's story and all. But, i have enough of a sense of humor that i can appreciate a good joke too.

There should be a functional metro, there should be a delamain cab or literally a single other cab in night city to take me anywhere with roads, there should be transmog for items, there should be 3rd person and actual shadows for characters, like actual models for a 3rd person view so character shadows don't look stupid, there should be police cars roaming the streets ready to chase me, or ready to get out of their car and stop me from massacring 25 tyger claws in broad daylight. there should be a shitload of features in cyberpunk that aren't.

but since they're not here because cdpr had game limitations, i guess we should just let it go. too late now. speak with your wallets and don't buy their next game.

There should be a functional metro, there should be a delamain cab or literally a single other cab in night city to take me anywhere with roads, there should be transmog for items, there should be 3rd person and actual shadows for characters, like actual models for a 3rd person view so character shadows don't look stupid, there should be police cars roaming the streets ready to chase me, or ready to get out of their car and stop me from massacring 25 tyger claws in broad daylight. there should be a shitload of features in cyberpunk that aren't.

but since they're not here because cdpr had game limitations, i guess we should just let it go. too late now. speak with your wallets and don't buy their next game.
We have cars, and there's a fast travel system already. Sound like wanting the game to do your job for you.
This isn't WoW. Wear what you like and just put armor upgrades in it.
Not that i have an issue with third person, but why the obsession? Do people bitch this much about Doom?
Why would the cops stop you from mowing down criminals like they can only dream about, particularly since it doesn't seem to be against the law in this world?

mods for the XB X/S and PS5

seems modders are doing a lot for this game and would be cool to get access to some of their work

For that unfortunately, it's to Microsoft and Sony that you have to ask (not really to CDPR).
Might be somewhat a combination of the two. Like how they had to release a special version of skyrim for consoles with mods. And in that case, Playstation users would get screwed because of the no 3rd party assets or whatever that keeps a lot of mods off the PS versions of skyrim.

Might be somewhat a combination of the two. Like how they had to release a special version of skyrim for consoles with mods. And in that case, Playstation users would get screwed because of the no 3rd party assets or whatever that keeps a lot of mods off the PS versions of skyrim.
I don't know for all games, but for me, Bethesda games (Skyrim and Fallout 4) are the only games where you are able to use mods on consoles (and like you said, it's limited... and even more limited on PS, due to Sony).
And I also think that modders doesn't really "want" work for consoles due to these limitations... instead of PCs where they are free to do whatever they want/imagine/can :)
If I remember correctly, on playstation the limitations are particularly vague... So basically, you don't know in advance if the mod you made will be "accepted" or not (if it don't, what a waste of time...)

To be honest, While I was well aware of the amount of sarcasm used in my post. IF cdpr was crazy enough to have done all that and more... They'd probably be owner of the best videogame I'd ever play I think.
Something as broadscaled as that, it would be unprecedented, and remain so for quite some time I think.

Procedural NPC activities. For example: If you follow an NPC for a specified time, the game will map an activity cycle to it. The NPC would then proceed to go to work, go shopping, do freetime activities and stuff. Not necessary imo but it would be really immersive

I've seen a lot of odd things about what people want in this game. They seem to want this game, and others, to be a mix of The Sims, Skyrim, and GTA online. Like wanting the character to actually stop and eat food. So, you basically want two different food mechanics in the game? Because if the character stopped to eat all the time, you'd either stop everything, even mid combat, to eat, which blows the "immersion" out of the water in a heartbeat, or they'd still be shooting you while you eat, and you'd die because you're too busy feeding your face.
What are some of the things people want to see added that you think are just too out of place, or would make the game more complicated than necessary?
Those things are totally not odd or strange stuffs. people "expected" a lot from this game. In fact, this is pretty normal & understandable imo, especially with what CDPR did with their own ad campaigns about the game.
On your example on food stuffs. I think what people generally want is the "immersion" of it, even on eating food. I think what people meant by this is they want the act of "eating food" actually mean something, It's not that hard to comprehend, just look at RDR2 eating system. Some food that you can eat instantly on the go, some food that you can cook yourself & some other that you need to buy (stop) & eat it in certain places. All while having detailed animations & different "meaningful" effects on their own. Same things with MHW for example. There are items/food that you can eat on the go, cook yourself, & other certain places, with all kind of different effects on their own.

Also, there are also people that want the proper RPG system that actually similar with Cyberpunk 2020/RED TTRPG. This are the most normal thing.

Those things are totally not odd or strange stuffs. people "expected" a lot from this game. In fact, this is pretty normal & understandable imo, especially with what CDPR did with their own ad campaigns about the game.
On your example on food stuffs. I think what people generally want is the "immersion" of it, even on eating food. I think what people meant by this is they want the act of "eating food" actually mean something, It's not that hard to comprehend, just look at RDR2 eating system. Some food that you can eat instantly on the go, some food that you can cook yourself & some other that you need to buy (stop) & eat it in certain places. All while having detailed animations & different "meaningful" effects on their own. Same things with MHW for example. There are items/food that you can eat on the go, cook yourself, & other certain places, with all kind of different effects on their own.

Also, there are also people that want the proper RPG system that actually similar with Cyberpunk 2020/RED TTRPG. This are the most normal thing.
They're strange in that they don't really fit in the game as it stands. People's assumptions are not the responsibility of the studio. RDR2 is a completely different game, and you're just reinforcing my point of people wanting this game to become something it wasn't designed to be. Games change all the time. [...] What is MHW?

Last edited by a moderator:
They're strange in that they don't really fit in the game as it stands. People's assumptions are not the responsibility of the studio. RDR2 is a completely different game, and you're just reinforcing my point of people wanting this game to become something it wasn't designed to be. Games change all the time. [...] What is MHW?
I am very much disagree on that & I would argue the game DO HAVE the capabilities & the tools/assets to be implemented well. MHW is Monster Hunter World.

The game did have such designs. For example. plenty of food stalls, bars, & restaurants that could easily provide a different eating system. add to the fact, that the game literally have sitting & eating animations. V also have safe houses (i.e. apartment, camp, etc) that could provide a cooking system, even in the most simple manner. Don't be saying that RPG games don't do this kind of stuffs 'cause plenty of RPG games did it & more. RDR2 is just another example of a game, RPG games like BOTW & FFXV have such system & actually a pretty meaningful food system within the circle of overall gameplay-combat experience.

Here's an example of my own thread of such design can be implemented well within the current Cyberpunk 2077.
IDEAS TO IMPROVES THE CONSUMABLES & ITS VENDORS/BARS

In any case, my point is still stand. People expected a lot from this game & it's pretty normal, especially when it comes to an immersive experience in RPG game (first person focus no less). If it's not, than I really doubt the game could gained such a big amount of exposures & receptions, regardless being positive or negative. Regarless if the game launched broken or very polished.
Post automatically merged:

What about interactive sex scenes? It could be QTE, with additional smashing buttons as fast as possible ,if you really can't control yourself?
Time for real innovations Ci-Di-Pe-eR.
Try Huniepop "mini game." Now that's quite a challenge! LOL

Last edited:
Don't be saying that RPG games don't do this kind of stuffs 'cause plenty of RPG games did it & more.
Citation needed. I have seen this before and it turned out that such features were either hard core/ survival mode or added later by mods.

It would be also interesting to see statistics. I mean I looked up Watchdogs and Drinking game completion percentage was 5% of players.

What else I could want that may be deemed strange, lets see:
- Dual wield weapons, both firearms and melee. If almost everything is possible in this world, why not holding 2 single weapons?
- 3rd person toggle would be nice. Not much point in character creation if the ONLY time we see the character is the inventory screen and photomode :facepalm:
- Decadence of NC to be much more present and explicit. It's supposed to be futuristic Sodom and Gomorrah/Babylon, for f sake. Instead, it feels more like Ghost in the Shell, and it ain't exactly that
- Ability to take romances to V's home (not theirs)
- NC to feel much more alive. Crimes committed in front of you as you walk the streets, being able to attend Eurodyne concerts, gangs attacking you for trespassing their territory, things like that
- A couple more romances, both serious and Meredith-like.
- Like some have already said elsewhere, real effects and consequences of cyberpsychosis
- Last but not least, please fix the glitches

Trauma Team as game feature.

V could get Trauma Team plat and they would come to pick up V and give first aid if/when V flatlines. It would be cool to see them arriving and being carried to their AV and see TT do their thing.

Results:
How could V see any of that if V was flatlined?
If V were in sort of aware but unable to move, wait for TT AV to arrive, wait TT to work V on stretcher, wait when TT carry V on stretcher in AV, wait when TT operates V. Get out from TT hospital, lose quite a few eddies. Why not just reload save?
Could be abused to heck for TT to fight gangs etc. instead of V.
How could TT not notice that their Plat tier customer is messed up because of artificial object in head?

What is with people and Trauma Team? They're paramedics with guns, not gods of medicine.
It was months ago, about a year or so even.

TT is actually quite a power player in CP universe. One of the global corporations and they have also hospitals. Night City has one at least. I don't see anything strange people wanting to know more about them, I just never saw how their paramedics could work as interactive game feature, like V having TT Plat.

Top Bottom