Strange things people want in this game

+
I've seen a lot of odd things about what people want in this game. They seem to want this game, and others, to be a mix of The Sims, Skyrim, and GTA online. Like wanting the character to actually stop and eat food. So, you basically want two different food mechanics in the game? Because if the character stopped to eat all the time, you'd either stop everything, even mid combat, to eat, which blows the "immersion" out of the water in a heartbeat, or they'd still be shooting you while you eat, and you'd die because you're too busy feeding your face.
What are some of the things people want to see added that you think are just too out of place, or would make the game more complicated than necessary?

I want Round 2 with Meredith. Don't know if that's strange though
I've seen a few people who want her to be a whole romance, instead of just a one night stand. Strange depends on how you feel about her fetishes, i guess (just guessing based on how she's dressed at the time)

Just fix the ragdolls and give me better take out animations and I'd be golden until the expansion and free DLC is out.

I've seen a few people who want her to be a whole romance, instead of just a one night stand. Strange depends on how you feel about her fetishes, i guess (just guessing based on how she's dressed at the time)
I have a feeling she'd like to borrow show Geralt's Season 2 armor... in that case, that's a no-no :coolstory:

The nipple tape, on the other hand, well I can think of worse fetishes :smart:

I’d want athletics skill to check the characters balance whilst running and sprinting, and cause tripping if the check failed.

I’d also want the character to get exhausted and drowsy from running and staying up for too long (don’t need a ”must sleep” mechanism for it, though, simply sitting on a bench or spmething to catch a breath and relax for a bit would suffice).

I’d want there to be skills for driving different vehicles.

I’d wabt there to be a skill for gambling that allows for spotting a cheat (and possibly cheat yourself) with cards or dice or something similiar.

I’d want drugs and alcohol to cause addiction that would need to be treated.

I could go on and on with things most people would see as unorthodox, but I as nice things to spice up the gameplay and interactivity.

I’d want athletics skill to check the characters balance whilst running and sprinting, and cause tripping if the check failed.

I’d also want the character to get exhausted and drowsy from running and staying up for too long (don’t need a ”must sleep” mechanism for it, though, simply sitting on a bench or spmething to catch a breath and relax for a bit would suffice).

I’d want there to be skills for driving different vehicles.

I’d wabt there to be a skill for gambling that allows for spotting a cheat (and possibly cheat yourself) with cards or dice or something similiar.

I’d want drugs and alcohol to cause addiction that would need to be treated.

I could go on and on with things most people would see as unorthodox, but I as nice things to spice up the gameplay and interactivity.
Thank you. A prime example of my point how some want things that would make this a mix of Sims, Skyrim, and GTA.

I'll give another example of what i mean by strange ideas: I've seen someone mention Trauma Team somehow save V.
If Arasaka, the people who built the tech, can't help, what the hell is T.T. gonna do?

Thank you. A prime example of my point how some want things that would make this a mix of Sims, Skyrim, and GTA.
Outside driving skills, it just looks like he wants a spiritual successor to Fallout 1-2 (or pnp, but I didn't play those, so I can't tell for sure), not Sims, Skyrim and GTA. Not that I object. I just don't know how to apply Fallout 1-2 to FPS. If it's even feasible.

Outside driving skills, it just looks like he wants a spiritual successor to Fallout 1-2 (or pnp, but I didn't play those, so I can't tell for sure), not Sims, Skyrim and GTA. Not that I object. I just don't know how to apply Fallout 1-2 to FPS. If it's even feasible.
They tried that with fallout 3 and 4, from what i understand of the series, and that didn't seem to end well. I've only played 4 personally, but i've looked up info on the others in the series.

wanting the character to actually stop and eat food. So, you basically want two different food mechanics in the game?
This one isn't wholly unreasonable, because it already exists in the game. There are numerous instances where V will sit down and we see contextual animations play for both drinking (Lizzie's Bar when meeting Evelyn, Capitan Caliente with Kerry) and eating (Yakitori with Takemura), so for the sake of immersion it doesn't seem far-fetched that the player should be able to sit V down at bars and foodie places and do that. It's kind of jarring when you approach a vendor and it just throws you into a menu.
Because if the character stopped to eat all the time, you'd either stop everything, even mid combat, to eat, which blows the "immersion" out of the water in a heartbeat, or they'd still be shooting you while you eat, and you'd die because you're too busy feeding your face.
Not sure if I'm misremembering, but I think you can't use consumables like food & drink when in combat, I couldn't last time I tried anyway.

Anyhoo, I think playable arcade games would be a superfluous addition. Surely no-one seriously wants a playable Roach game added with the intention of putting a substantial amount of time into it? It's not like this is SEGA who can put Space Harrier or Fantasy Zone etc. into their Yakuza titles.

I don't really see why some people are so obsessed with having survival mechanics in CP2077.
Survival is fine in games like Fallout, Skyrim and other similar games but it's not like food and water would be an issue in the world of Cyberpunk and since the map isn't insanely large, not having a fast travel due to survival wouldn't change things that much. Also the idea having to constantly go back home to sleep would become very annoying very fast.

What I personally would like to see though is some small immersion things like the ability to just sit down on a chair at the bar or in a park ect. and then maybe have like a similar interface that you have with a mirror where you could play diferent animations like eating and drinking.
Recreational BDs would also be cool. Just add a few BDs you could buy and watch. E.g. the ability to see a Kerry music video or Samurai gigs in BD format would be awesome.

I wouldn’t use those particular games as ingredients of the ”mix” (they don’t have what I ask and mix of games isn’t even the right intent).
I’d want athletics skill to check the characters balance whilst running and sprinting, and cause tripping if the check failed.- Sims. That game can have them fail even at things they're good at.

I’d also want the character to get exhausted and drowsy from running and staying up for too long (don’t need a ”must sleep” mechanism for it, though, simply sitting on a bench or spmething to catch a breath and relax for a bit would suffice).- Sims. Also, why are you running that much when we have cars? Not to mention the existing stamina system is fine.

I’d want there to be skills for driving different vehicles.- Skyrim. Why would you need that many different skills? It's just unnecessary.

I’d wabt there to be a skill for gambling that allows for spotting a cheat (and possibly cheat yourself) with cards or dice or something similiar.= Mixture of Skyrim and GTA. Skyrim for the skill, GTA style for gambling in the first place. (who plays that badly to need an alternate way to make eddies?)

I’d want drugs and alcohol to cause addiction that would need to be treated.= More of a fallout mechanic, but close enough to fall into Skyrim-esque.
Care to try that denial again?

They tried that with fallout 3 and 4

No they didn’t. They just latched a list of familiar franchise names and partial themes over their post Morrowind design ethos and called it a day. Fallout 3 isn’t nicknamed Oblivion with guns without a reason; and with Fallout 4, instead of fixing the mistakes of 3, they doubled down and made things even worse.

Care to try that denial again?
What are you talking about? I don’t care about Skyrim or GTA, and least of all Sims.

There are enough systems and mechanics to draw and iterate from cRPGs (that are far better games than any of those) and Cyberpunk 2020, that I don’t need to resort to looking at pointless titles like those three.

-EDIT-
Oh wait, you hid your own comments within my post…

The comparisons don’t make much sense to me, though. Sims has nothing to do with RPGs, and the Skyrim/GTA comparisons are either completely false or tangential at best so you could basically use any game there that has a similiar feature.

Post automatically merged:

Outside driving skills, it just looks like he wants a spiritual successor to Fallout 1-2 (or pnp, but I didn't play those, so I can't tell for sure)

The PnP mostly. I’d like the game to resemble 2020 systemically and mechanically too.
Even a bit.

Last edited:
What about interactive sex scenes? It could be QTE, with additional smashing buttons as fast as possible ,if you really can't control yourself?
Time for real innovations Ci-Di-Pe-eR.

Top Bottom