Strategic Withdrawal fix suggestion.

+
Since I have a passion for this leader I made this.
Strategic Withdrawal being gone has left a big hole where many Nilfgaard cards do not have a fitting leader anymore. I think it should return and replace Imprisonment as that leader has such a similar function to Impostor.

Attachments

• Strategic_Withdrawal (10).png
    Strategic_Withdrawal (10).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
I really like this idea. Unfortunately, from my observations, CDPR is very good about listening to criticism, but much less good about incorporating good ideas. I hope your idea sees light of day, but I’m not optimistic about it.

I really like this idea. Unfortunately, from my observations, CDPR is very good about listening to criticism, but much less good about incorporating good ideas. I hope your idea sees light of day, but I’m not optimistic about it.
Yeah me neither but I figured it's better than not putting it out there at all.

It is a good idea, but it creates the problem of being able to use the same card both times, even if it is on different turn, at one time or another this generates an op strategy, which is why renewing won the 9 provision limit.

One thing I have to agree on is that Imprisonment is a very bad skill. She goes against the synergies that NG has with blocking, the two points of damage she does are useless, I hope she gets a rework.

It is a good idea, but it creates the problem of being able to use the same card both times, even if it is on different turn, at one time or another this generates an op strategy, which is why renewing won the 9 provision limit.

One thing I have to agree on is that Imprisonment is a very bad skill. She goes against the synergies that NG has with blocking, the two points of damage she does are useless, I hope she gets a rework.
It wasn't a problem before with the old Strategic Withdrawal why would it be one now? It was actually considered a pretty weak leader by the time it was removed.
Keep it mind it only works on NG units, nothing else.
If the effect would really prove to be too strong I think you'd be able to balance it out by reducing Emhyr's body, maybe 3-4 points would be more fair.

Last edited:
It wasn't a problem before with the old Strategic Withdrawal why would it be one now? It was actually considered a pretty weak leader by the time it was removed.
Keep it mind it only works on NG units, nothing else.
If the effect would really prove to be too strong I think you'd be able to balance it out by reducing Emhyr's body, maybe 3-4 points would be more fair.

Yes, the ability was not super powerful, and this does not seem to be immediately a problem, but devs don't want to have to worry, in future expansions and balances, that the player can play the same card twice, (yes I know that there are things like Assyri and Lippy, but according to them this is not a problem.)

It seems a good fix you can't play 2 cards in a turn with this version. Any way I will increase Emir value to 6 a 4 seems too low tempo.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, the ability was not super powerful, and this does not seem to be immediately a problem, but devs don't want to have to worry, in future expansions and balances, that the player can play the same card twice, (yes I know that there are things like Assyri and Lippy, but according to them this is not a problem.)
Self decking SK and blue frames disagree, both [...] decks if you ask my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems a good fix you can't play 2 cards in a turn with this version. Any way I will increase Emir value to 6 a 4 seems too low tempo.
Post automatically merged:

Self decking SK and blue frames disagree, both [...] decks if you ask my opinion.
That's funny, I actually had it at 6 points before editing it. I can't seem to make up my mind where in the 4-6 point range would be the best for balance. When you compare it to some of the top tier leaders these days like OH or PF 6 points might not be too strong. Strategic Withdrawal did have an issue of being low tempo before as well.

Top Bottom