Stream with developers 27.06.2019

+

Join us tomorrow at 8PM CEST at twitch.tv/cdprojektred for a second Novigrad stream with GWENT developers! Paweł Burza and Piotr “Rysik” Golus will be revealing final cards coming with the new expansion, as well as showing some Syndicate gameplay.

See you there!

DRK3

Forum veteran
It's good that you did 2 matches in the stream, that way we got to see 4 different Syndicate decks and leaders.

So, where are the patch notes Burza said that were coming? I want to see that Gimpy nerf, to a time where he's most needed...

Also, i thought next season was going to be Dryad's, not Griffin's... In the contracts there's no mention of season of Griffin, so i spent all my RP because i had no interest in Dryad Trinkets, but now you throw this curveball...

(EDIT) Found the patch notes, here they are, for whoever's interested
https://www.playgwent.com/en/news/28537/novigrad-expansion-patch-notes
Post automatically merged:

RIP Gimpy
2018-2019

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lets not forget Gimpy was also the perfect counter to Revenant decks...

Now he's a little better vs Arachas decks, but near useless vs firesworn decks, revenant decks, possibly kikimore decks, if that becomes a thing.

Lets not forget Gimpy was also the perfect counter to Revenant decks...

Now he's a little better vs Arachas decks, but near useless vs firesworn decks, revenant decks, possibly kikimore decks, if that becomes a thing.

Ah, yes...Revenant deck...you're right. But nobody will play Henselt Draug when you can play SY-decks :smart:

DRK3

Forum veteran
CDPR, or more specifically, Gwent's dev team really put itself between a rock and a hard place (trivia tidbit: in my language, this expression is actually 'between a sword and a wall')

On one side, they have us, veteran players who constantly criticize them and (rightfully) demand balance changes, and dont even bring them much revenue, since we're drowning on ore and scraps and can get all new cards as soon as they hit.

On the other, the new players, who are the key to a sustainable business, and arent aware of how generous Gwent is, and are more likely to spend real money on kegs and packs, to get a headstart, and dont complain about Gwent's problems.

But new players dont come out of thin air. And if the veteran players arent recommending the game to their friends, and are even giving the game bad 'word of mouth', the dev team is forced into doing something like this: a big, shiny update to appeal to new players and appear in gaming news, regardless of the balance issues it'll bring overall and that needed more time to test, just to boost new players and MTX profit from the new content in the short-term.

On one side, they have us, veteran players who constantly criticize them and (rightfully) demand balance changes, and dont even bring them much revenue

We ask numerous times for a system of cosmetics to continue supporting the game when cards are no longer needed.
There is very little of that currently and pre-purchases with items "limited in time" do not help since they only serve to generate a sick community where people feel "unique and special" for imaginary items. Additionally, all those who arrive after that period can not access the product, so in the end it is lost sales.

I bought meteorite powder, but at this moment I have everything I want, animated cards and battlefields. I can not buy just to buy to generate repeated cards.

If someone new wanted to focus on SY it would only take a month, it's a question of starting with SK and problem solved. In HS the abusive powercreep is understood since HS collection system is completely predatory, here in Gwent that does not happen so you can not "incite" the players to buy Kegs.

Rico is an insanely stupid card. Another of those "f**k strategy, be lucky instead" cards. Who comes up with such "ideas"?
Gwent Team P1: "Guys, I'm really bored of all the thinking involved in how to answer a specific card the opponent plays."
Gwent Team P2: "I know what you mean. I also don't like thinking about which card to play out, since my opponent will have the suitable answer anyway."
Boris, from the cleaning team, while emptying the litter: "I got you covered! A card that takes on whatever power the opponent plays. No thinking necessary, no strategy needed, just give your opponent his own medicine. And of course, make it as cheap as possible. Not more than 8p! The opponent will throw up, when he plays his 10p card. What' ya say, P1?"
P1: "Great! Solves my problem!"
Boris: "And you, P2, how about a card that just deals damage, without bringing power to the board, so that it's not vulnerable. The clue is that it deals a random amount of damage, so you don't have to think at all. Just play and be lucky. But take care that the card's damage range is made so that it covers 98% of all cards in Gwent. It has to be satisfying to remove an opponent's unit from the board without a strategy. And because it is so powerful, make it really cheap. I'd say not more than 5p."
P2, after a pause: "Boris, you're a genius! Thank you so much!"
Boris: "There's more where that came from. I think of an auto-shielding unit, auto-protecting unit, locking and purifying on the same card, the reviving of no-unit decks by a finisher card that boost by the number of specials you already have played not just in this round, but the whole match. That's guaranteed 12 points to the board for only 7p. So, ask me anytime!"

Top Bottom