STREAM WITH THE DEVELOPERS

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Join us live on Monday 03.02.2020 at 6PM CET at twitch.tv/cdprojektred for the Patch 5.1 overview stream! Jason Slama and Paweł Burza will go over the most important changes coming with the update.

See you there!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Will probably watch it live. Lets hope it's more than your typical 'nerf the broken cards and leaders', and actually includes some much needed buffs to many many cards that have been terrible since HC launch. But i can live if it is not, as long as it shifts this stupid meta.

rrc

Forum veteran

Join us live on Monday 03.02.2020 at 6PM CET at twitch.tv/cdprojektred for the Patch 5.1 overview stream! Jason Slama and Paweł Burza will go over the most important changes coming with the update.

See you there!
“Most important changes coming” - that is actually promising. Sounds like more than just nerfs/buffs. Kind of gives a vibe that there are some game fundamentals being changed (for example: Removal of artifact removals and balancing artifacts? Or 100+ cards getting changed so that multiple archetypes are going to be equally competitive? Something mind blowing and pulling the distracted Gwenters who are migrating to LoR back to Gwent?). Or may be it was a figure of speech and jokes on me.. let’s see..

Last edited:
“Most important changes coming” - that is actually promising.
Lol. That's not the whole sentence those words are coming from, see shepherdmoon's post below. Let's hope your out-of-context optimism is proven correct.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Lol. That's not the whole sentence those words are coming from. Let's hope your out-of-context optimism is proven correct.
Somehow I get a feeling that there are some significant changes coming to the game (and game play). The 'Stream with Devs' announcements have never said 'most important changes'. It is usually something like 'we will go over the changes (or) we will go over the patch/expansion' etc. I don't remember 'most important' being used with a stream with devs. Also, the reason for my hunch is, we didn't have any balance changes last month, giving two whole months for the devs to do something big/significant. Lets see. I hope I am correct and that we will get something big, something fantastic, something mind blowing.

Gyg

Forum regular
For sure we will have some big changes - streams aren't recorded for small fixes. I hope there is no new expansion this time :D.

I don't know...we have now the game version 5.01. The new patch is 5.1. I think, a patch with "most important changes" would have the number 6.0. I hope, I'm wrong, but for me it seems, this is an "evolution-patch" and not a "revolution-patch".

I think "most important changes" doesn't mean that they are more important than previous changes in other patches, but rather that they will only discuss the most important changes of that particular patch: in other words, they will not waste time telling us about how so-and-so got a 1 provision or power nerf/boost.

Guest 4368268

Please for the sake of your community's love, save this game! We need a certain breakthough right now.
Absolutely, It's strange just how quickly after an expansion this game can go back to feeling 'stale'.
One reason is that the balancing has always been off, so if they introduce new cards you can be assured that half of them will now immediately be the strongest cards in the game (and thus you'll see them over and over) and the other halve will be useless filler cards that are a copy of what we already had and you won't see them period.

Recently the expansions even introduced new fundamentals/mechanics and still it just gets bland so quickly because of that power discrepancy. The game, in my opinion, needs to build up to a higher skill ceiling. Break the meta of 'super greed' vs. 'super control' and allow the strategies more in the middle to have a chance to flourish. Those are after all also the ones that require more timing/skill and are the least frustrating to play against.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hurray for Crows Eye rework, the most useless card in Gwent for 16 months!

But what you did to Adrenaline Rush and Epidemic? Just made them boring

Wild Hunt and MO reworks seems really interesting cant wait to try it out, already have some ideas.

Good to see SK damage archetype getting some love, atm its just self damage and crows that is viable.

Good nerf to Pincer Maneuver, but it still has more provisions than Usurper and Gernichora. And where's the nerf to Falibor and Philippa?

RIP Trap decks, now Eldain decks will be just pure Elf decks. But the rest of SC nerfs are good, good call on nerfing call of harmony or it would obviously would replace Mystic Echo as the SC go-to ability.

NG SPIES CONFIRMED! (but not for this update)

I like the new passiflora and Hammond, SK didnt have a good movement card.

RIP Novigrad Justice. Pretty hilarious nerfing this card so much later than when it was problematic (in October if i recall correctly)

Last edited:
Well, that's a lot of changes coming tomorrow. Easy to see why full mill value's getting removed.

I'll always miss False Ciri's old ability but now she'll at least be playable again. I also like the changes to Wild Hunt though I never play the faction. They're such a big deal in TW3 that they deserved some love. :D

Well, the dev stream just left a bad taste :(
Very few problems are getting resolved, reworked cards are mostly generic and boring, no change to Matta ......
As i see it, the next meta will be only slightly better and less point-slam oriented than the one we have right now.
:giveup::giveup::giveup:

Just to pick up on something Jason said while discussing the removal of full mill value - At 10:03 he said that they "were thinking about auto-milling extra copies in some cases".

Obviously it is unclear at this stage exactly what he meant by this, but I hope CDPR keep one thing in mind. You might actually want to hold on to 2 copies of a standard gold card or 4 copies of a standard bronze card so that you can later transmute the extras to premium versions. If those extras had been auto-milled for you, you would end up having to expend additional scraps to recreate them for transmuting. That would mean losing out on 600 scraps in the case of a legendary card.

As an aside, it would be nice if it was possible to de-transmute a premium card into its standard version and just receive the powder part of the mill value (at normal mill rates). If that became possible, it would allow you to turn a spare premium card into a missing standard version, without losing scraps.

Not everyone is bothered about having copies of both standard and premium versions of the cards in their collection, but I don't imagine that I am the only person who enjoys having both.

Just to pick up on something Jason said while discussing the removal of full mill value - At 10:03 he said that they "were thinking about auto-milling extra copies in some cases".
A ridiculous idea. We'll mill when we want, hands off our cards. And give us back our leader cards.

Obviously it is unclear at this stage exactly what he meant by this, but I hope CDPR keep one thing in mind. You might actually want to hold on to 2 copies of a standard gold card or 4 copies of a standard bronze card so that you can later transmute the extras to premium versions.
Agreed.

I also took note of that mention, and the potential extreme (all extras automilled) would not be good at all. It would basically make the "mill extra cards" function useless. There's no reason to make such a significant change universally (without it being a toggleable setting or something), so I don't believe it will be like that.

Frankly, I don't see any need to even change the current system, except maybe adding options for excluding cards from extra copy milling.

(I sometimes let extra copies stack so that there's a lot to mill with a single click. The higher the numbers the more satisfying it is. :D )

Top Bottom