Streaming technology in REDKit?

+
Streaming technology in REDKit?

Wouldn't be awesome the new streaming technology for RED Engine 3 become available with REDKit modding tools? Imagine this huge community created worlds to play before we get Witcher 3. Do you think new version of RED Engine will be available from the start?

I don't think we will be limited by the game to how big our map can be. I am curtain first few BETA mod will show of pretty impressive designs and massive environments.

Not sure how would build in streaming work. We do have Twitch TV or YT not sure if we need any other service.

Some details.
World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback

New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
Geralt's Memory is restored
No chapters/acts
Dude is ♥♥♥♥ing DONE fighting for everyone else
Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles - I'd say that confirms next-gen is in.

streaming content - loading on the fly to free memory and make bigger areas. You're kidding about YT ? :)/>/>/> ^^

So maybe when there's no limit to the map size - the new technology is already there.

I'm not very proficient in the arts of computer science so I find myself a bit behind in this thread. Any kind soul willing to educate me a little?

Streaming technology. What exactly does that entail? Does that means that we can seed information which would allow for smoother transitions in huge environments since it's basically loading the next part of the map while you're travelling?

Mod tools. Why specifically would streaming technology be a benefit in this regard? What advantages is there to streaming information to, what is essentially, a devkit? Does it mean that we can constantly update TW2 and the REDkit with new adventures or that we can upload our own instantly or what?

I'm genuinely curious. I'm not all that knowledgeable and don't really look forward to the whole "streaming" aspect in for example the PS4. But that could be due to my own ignorance when it comes to how it's applied and what benefits it carries with it.

It's really simple. Streaming is constant loading in the background. For example Geralt walks towards a building and the engine loads the building interior to memory while you walk. So we wont see any loading screens - we simply enter the building seamlessly. We see a distant tower and we want to get there so game engine loads our path on the fly. This way we don't have to wait to load all the map like it was in the Witcher 2 (in the beginnig of acts). There is always small area loaded (I imagine this as a circle around Geralt). This way we can make an open world, seamless without loading screens. It would be awesome to play an adventure with this open world feature.

The new version of RED Engine is supposed to have this feature. So why not release it with RED Kit modding tools?

Because TW2 does not run on REDengine 3?...

They already revealed there's going to be a REDkit for TW3 as well, so there's that to look forward to. For now, TW2-sized maps are good enough.

It's not gonna happen at all, the game has been built from the ground up using RedEngine 2 and the RedKit is a mod tool not a complete rewrite of the game, it's not a game engine at all, just an SDK.

It's like you're asking a car manufacturer to bring up news mechanics to buyers 3 years after it's been out.

Top Bottom