Street brawler perk tree question

+
I'm a low level character and I want to invest a couple points in this tree to hopefully help with those Boxing side missions, because I hear they get pretty hard later on.
And since I'm going for a more guns/hacking type of character, maybe a couple of Street brawler perks on the side will help.
But they are all talking about attacks and damage from "blunt weapons". Does this include your fists? Because this seems like the type of skill tree for your general hand to hand combat stuff but there's not much mention of "fists", just "weapons".

Sorry for the long winded question
1636828294074.png

ok so you're saying that these perks for "blunt weapons" don't affect your default fists, only the gorilla arms.
and I should just get those anyway for this mission.. Yeah that's what I've been reading.
Guess I'll be waiting a while before I go after this quest lol.
Thank you

Do you recommend any of these perks anyway? or just get gorilla

On all my playthrough with only Gorilla arms :
- Body 3, so useless to think beat them only with my "regular fists".
- Only legendary Gorilla arms level 40-45 with mods like Animals Knuckles who add bleed effect.
- Kerensikov for dodging more easily (with low Body skill, it's general two hits and I'm down. The slow motion help)

If you can invest some perk points in Street Brawler, it will be more easy (and not useless at least. In 1.3, It's easy to reset your perk points after if you want). And generally I end up with perk points that I don't know where to invest... :)
RHINO and Razor are strong and punch hard anyway (even with high body, armor are not take in account), but more easy in 1.3 it seem to me (I managed to counter Razor few time, when before it was totally impossible).

So even without body skill (and perk point) it's possible. Not easy for sure. So for more fun, invest some perk points and be well prepared for these fights :)

seems like any melee build is pretty weak in the early game since low health and no cyberware but very strong endgame. early game if you want to level up street brawler its a good idea to use bats and blunt weapons instead of your fists. you'll most likely be using ranged weapons a lot till you get health up to 20 then maybe reflexes high for sandevistan or beserk for operating system. then buying the epic gorilla arms early or later. after that its debatable for tech and cool. youll miss out on armor for low tech but cool has good passives for melee and durability. i dont know if intelligence is any worth for a melee build but it might since legendary/epic cripple movement/reboot optics and you can just beat people up while they dont move or blind or both lol. done it with a netrunner build

a funny thing to do is cripple people first then go up and wail on them. then with epic memory wipe they will go out of combat. then repeat process till dead hah. also legendary reboot optics will make them go blind if they spot you

Last edited:
All melee weapons that are not blades are considered blunts. That includes your bare fists, gorilla arms and even the monowire as well as all the obvious blunt weapons.

Top Bottom