Street Cred Early Game

+
I started a new playthrough and wanted to grind out levels/street cred ASAP just to have options maxed out. I found a area where I could run in a big circle and kill gang members over and over. I didn't realize at first but you get very little if not zero street cred from doing this and I finally realized you need the eye upgrade from Viktor. He even talks about loading NCPD files for you. I just find it kinda weird that that you need this to earn street cred. Imagine IRL something along the lines of "Sorry man can't let you in. People have seen you all over the streets kicking ass but you didn't visit your doctor so it was never recorded."

This was very easy to "fix" just talk to him but just something I found funny.

Perfect example of video game logic!

I'm not really sure why it's gated behind that dialogue with Viktor, either, but most of the time, though it seems to make no logical sense to human reasoning, it's likely there to avoid some sort of engine issue or glitch that could potentially arise if the player starts accruing Street Cred before that point in the game, mechanically. (I've got no idea if or why that's the case here, but most of these sorts of oddities in games are always there for some reason.)

This was very easy to "fix" just talk to him but just something I found funny.
I suppose, the devs don't really think that players could go grinding for street cred before the first meet with Viktor (when V don't have the Kiroshi yet, with a "system malfunction" message which popup regularely and most important, the NCPD backdoor to see the "rewards/bounties" on enemies^^).

But with the option to pay Viktor at first (21K), I suppose that players are tempted to earn this amount to pay him directly in their second playthrough.

Last edited:
get the eye, it's free then go killing all those enemies, then with the money you get pay off Viktor.

If you want to make eddies then get target analysis crafting and make them from bought components.

The updated (1.52?) crafting can provide the outer chest that has +x% to street cred. I’ve had them from +4% to +8%. Once you hit level 16 in crafting you can extract the mods & place a second +street cred in that chest for an easy +15%. Obviously, you’ll need to dump a bunch of points into crafting to start.

Top Bottom