Street Kid Sequence Breaking

+
So I started as a Street Kid a couple of days ago, and I was finishing up every Open World marker on the map in Watson during the Prologue (Lockdown). After I had finished all of that- save for the Cyber Psychos -I was trying out some things to see if I could access other areas on the map, outside the Watson district. During my exploration, I noticed something very interesting. I had a fast-travel point in Heywood (El Coyote), at the starting tavern there. Curiously, I attempted to fast-travel there, expecting to be locked out at the terminal. However, to my IMMENSE surprise, I went straight to the tavern, and was now officially in Heywood. However, things didn't stop there, rather I started using the roads from Haywood to access other districts around Night City. Essentially, because of this fast-travel point, I unlocked the entire map! Now, things don't always work, I'm not getting any Fixers calling me about gigs, since I assume they're flagged by the main quest line. My Street Cred is currently 31, so that's not an issue. I can go to shops, and I have accessed mission that were just on the map or things you can discover as side quests.

I checked into Wanako right away, and sadly, though you can go through the dialogue with her, I didn't get any eddies as a reward, so I think that quest doesn't work.

sequenceBreak_02.png

However, did manage to get the Highway Man quest started (on accident) and spoke to Johnny, even though he's not even in my head yet.

sequenceBreak_03.png

In both screenshots, note the mission prompt. I haven't finished the Heist yet and unlocked Watson.

I'm gonna do some legendary weapon hunting to see if they've spawned in the correct spots, and then just some common EXP farming locations. This is really exciting, because I love the idea of accessing the game early like this, though I do have a few questions for the community:

1) Has anyone else tried this?
2) Does each life path offer a fast-travel point that could allow access outside of the city?
3) Would anyone else like CDPR to leave this bug in? I think it's incredible to be able to drive around the whole city this early in the game!

UPDATE: Yes, you can go after legendary weapons outside of Watson. This bug makes getting some of the OP weapons very early easy. Wonder if Speedrunners can use this.

Last edited:
...was that a known bug pre 1.2 as well?

was just roaming and clearing gigs/crimes on a new char before the heist an saw by accident that the El Coyote FTP was available somehow? Playing on PS4... shouldnt be the case or did i miss smt?... afterwards i was curious and went over to the tigerclaw bike quest garage... and met Johnny... without having the relic yet : / - was that possible before 1.2 without freefly or other mods? or is it just another bug from the latest patch?... (active missionmarker is the one to meet Dex in his car to get briefed for the heist)

image.jpg
image2.jpg

How do you manage to go there ? swiming ?
I never tested, but watson is closed, no ? (with cops on all the bridge)
If you scan the bike, it launch the quest ? If yes, you can possibly have the bike before "the heist" :D

Last edited:
How do you manage to go there ? swiming ?
I never tested, but watson is closed, no ? (with cops on all the bridge)
If you scan the bike, it launch the quest ? If yes, you can possibly have the bike before "the heist" :D

like i said the fast travel point from coyote just showed up on the map, like some gig icons out of watson too.
and yes the quest triggers as normal but i havent gone furher on it yet. also u can take skippy but his dialog wont trigger so no choice of mode how soever.

Certainly, but the quest is bug after that, no ?
I don't know. I'm at "find josie's body" and I went to garage used code, and bike is mine without finding her body, but quest is still in my log. Give me few minutes I will try to finish it.
Edit: Quest will end when you will confront James after finding body. Getting bike is not objective. So quest will not bug. It ended for me.
There was one weird bug: I've done it on female V, and she talked with James while using male V voice...

Last edited:
thanks for the headsup i gonna get it for act 1 than as well :3
I' ve checked again on my old save...before 1.2. bike was on my summon list, I can get it right now, it will inform you that 'you got new vehicle", but it won't be on your summon list, so maybe that's not good idea to get it in act 1, maybe it's bugged.
But you can still open garage and get this bike.
photomode_11042021_153315.png

photomode_11042021_153340.png

Thing is, getting bike is not objective of quest, so I guess you can get in any moment. Only problem I noticed now, it's not on your summon list (in act 1, act 2 working fine) for some reason, and that was no issue earlier.

Top Bottom