Stretched non-native resolution in fullscreen

+

S-a-y

Forum regular
Non native resolutions in fullscreen are stretched (ie 2560x1080 settings on 2560x1440 monitor) will not make black bars, but stretch on whole screen. Scaling in Nvidia drivers is turned off, on GPU, ticked "override the scaling mode set by games and programs".

I came here looking for the solution to this issue. Borderless works, but I'd rather have fullscreen so I don't have my desktop in the background.
Post automatically merged:

So, my "work around" for this, pull up the dead pixel checker from lcdtech.info, put it on black and press f11 to make it fullscreen without the browser interface showing, then play the game in borderless window mode....

Clunky hack, but I can play at a decent framerate now.

Last edited:
I have similar problem. My native monitor resolution is 1920x1200, but I want to play in 1920x1080.
My workaround is to change desktop resolution to non-native (1920x1080) first, then launch a game in full screen mode set to 1920x1080.
It looks like the "full screen" is in fact a broken "windowed full screen" (borderless window stretched on all available desktop area).

S-a-y

Forum regular
I have similar problem. My native monitor resolution is 1920x1200, but I want to play in 1920x1080.
My workaround is to change desktop resolution to non-native (1920x1080) first, then launch a game in full screen mode set to 1920x1080.
It looks like the "full screen" is in fact a broken "windowed full screen" (borderless window stretched on all available desktop area).
This is what I have to do as well. Hopefully, there will be fix.

Same issue yall. Gsync requires fullscreen to work properly therefore windowed/borderless is not an option for me so rip to all my potential DLSS 2.0 fps gains I guess. They probably won't get around to stuff like this for months if ever because of how premature the release was. v sad :(

Issue for me too, I have a 3440x1440 monitor, want to play the game on 2560x1440 non-stretched to gain some FPS, but stretching makes it not reasonable. PS: I have a 3070 and want to punch the screen because of the extremely poor performance.

1608733064408.png

Using Nvidia Control Panel, set Resize to desired screen res; in game setting to Fullscreen and to desired resolution (I use 2580x1440). Uncheck above to return to normal desktop.

Last edited:
View attachment 11109290

Using Nvidia Control Panel, set Resize to desired screen res; in game setting to Fullscreen and to desired resolution (I use 2580x1440). Uncheck above to return to normal desktop.

this is band aid patch.

the game should automatically run natively on the panel without stretching.

COD:MW can do it so why can't CP2077? Also the menus etc all run at 16:9 fine on a 21:9 monitor so it obviously works!

I use a 2560x1080 monitor and when i run it in 1920x1080 full screen it stretches the damn screen instead of giving me the black borders either side. This is 2020 not 2010 for goodness sake!

CDPR can you fix this asap please!

Should be able to set a target resolution in game and then select upscaling.

I use a 4k display.

Most fps games I play, I render the game at 1080p and set the in game upscaling to 200% w/borderless or full screen.

Cyberpunk has no in-game upscaling option.

If I set the game to run 1080p it's windowed with my desktop in the background. They need to fix it.

I play a lot of old games and like to play some in 4:3. For my settings to all work out without me having to fiddle with settings every time I have Nvidia control panel checked for Aspect Ratio, Perform Scaling on Display and Enable Desktop Resizing is not checked.

I have a 50 inch TV instead of a monitor. And I'm used to playing games with a non-native resolution without stretching the image with black bars. The screen is just too big when sitting close. Is there any way to fix this with launch settings or mods?

Ptatch 1.31. The same.

Top Bottom